Is it safe for me to upgrade my phone to Windows 10 mobile via the Insider Program?
    12-17-2015 03:25 PM
    I guess it depends on the phone you have. I had the .29 build on my Lumia 930 and the system is safe and functional, some little bugs here and there but I would say it's safe to use ... Well except the battery, which is pretty bad on that build. I have to recharge my phone twice a day + the phone heats up a little when used, even without any games or crazy multitasking, just from regular use it gets warm.

I've installed the .36 build, so far nothing to report as I've had it literally a couple of minutes.
    12-17-2015 03:39 PM
    I've got the Lumia 640 LTE. I was thinking of joining the slow ring as I guess there's a better chance of having less bugs
    12-17-2015 03:43 PM
    Don't update to W10M, it's a pile of garbage. At this stage at least.

It created so many problems for me. Battery life is terrible, phone laggs like a cheap android device, I can't download keyboards, constant wifi ptoblems ... And the list goes on... Also Edge is terrible as it doesn't have any forward button or swipe gestures. Circular people tile. Calendar is horrible too, it's just a mess. Not to mention the mail app with its formatting when reading emails. Writing emails is a pain as well.

Just don't man. Sure, some features are nice, it looks better than WP 8.1. However for now, 8.1is the far superior system. Much faster, more fluid reliable. If you need your phone for work and you need ir to be stable and reliable, just stay on 8.1
    prasath1234 likes this.
    12-22-2015 08:31 PM
    I have the 640XL on 10, I find it quite enjoyable. I think the people who say don't do it haven't tried it for quite some time...it's gotten better in the last few updates.
    12-22-2015 08:35 PM
    I've got the same phone and have had little to no issues with W10M on it. After a week of use, my battery life has settled down significantly. At first I would burn through 70-80% charge while at work. Now I'm barely using 30% and that's with playing music through a bluetooth speaker all day.

Most of the issues that I initially had all went away after the first hard reset. I was on the .29 build and hadn't reset yet because I wanted to look around and see what the new OS had to offer. I stumbled a few times during the first day with strange behavior from the phone. After reading up a bit more here on the forums, I went ahead and backed up my data again, took a few screen shots of my layout so I could recreate it, then did a hard reset. Since then, everything has been great. I updated again to the .36 package, and it's been running fine without any other hard resets.

So, to answer your question: I personally think that it is safe to upgrade a 640LTE provided you backup all your data first. Hard reset the phone at Win8.1, then install the update to .29 or .36 (whichever is offered to you first) then do another hard reset before installing any apps.
    12-23-2015 05:01 PM
    Just go for it. I'm using it on my L640 and it's awesome. Many issues people are talking about are actually user issues. Doing the hard reset after the upgrade will eliminate a lot of these. Good luck.
    jpharwood likes this.
    12-23-2015 07:47 PM
    I've got the same phone and have had little to no issues with W10M on it. After a week of use, my battery life has settled down significantly. At first I would burn through 70-80% charge while at work. Now I'm barely using 30% and that's with playing music through a bluetooth speaker all day.

Most of the issues that I initially had all went away after the first hard reset. I was on the .29 build and hadn't reset yet because I wanted to look around and see what the new OS had to offer. I stumbled a few times during the first day with strange behavior from the phone. After reading up a bit more here on the forums, I went ahead and backed up my data again, took a few screen shots of my layout so I could recreate it, then did a hard reset. Since then, everything has been great. I updated again to the .36 package, and it's been running fine without any other hard resets.

So, to answer your question: I personally think that it is safe to upgrade a 640LTE provided you backup all your data first. Hard reset the phone at Win8.1, then install the update to .29 or .36 (whichever is offered to you first) then do another hard reset before installing any apps.
    In the last days there was a lot core updates. The worst seems to be Messaging with skype inself. If you don't logout Skype, it dramatically drains battery in stand by mode
    12-24-2015 02:16 AM
    Hey guys is it advisable to update lumia 820 via preview program.Any lumia 820 user reply please.
    01-03-2016 05:42 AM