Anybody is getting .36 update?

KennyMcCormack

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
You get .29 via Insider or via normal update process without Insider enabled? If the former vs latter, would suggest a Device Recovery restore to .0 and get .29 again without Insider involved, then enable insider and give .36 a try again.

I got .29 via the normal update process.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

benkclaw

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
my 950xl had the same situation. mine is single sim, unlocked, no sd-card inserted, running 10586.0. two days ago, I heard there is .36 update. I checked. nothing there. so I installed the insider app and joined the fast ring. checked again, the .36 is there, together with a fast ring insider update. and the story went on like yours. download completed at 100% and it started to installed. and it failed. error message exactly the same as your screenshot. I tried again. same thing happened again. then I switched to slow insider ring. checked, no update found. then I switched back to fast. checked, .36 (and fast ring insider update) there, but this time it just can't download. it still shows 0% download after 10 hours of my sleep time. even worse, it drained the battery such that my phone was not fully charged even after plugged into a USB of a pc for 10 hours. then I decided to stop the undate. I uninstalled the insider app. rebooted the phone. but I still saw the .36 and insider fast ring update there and 0% for a long time. I reinstalled insider and chose to leave the insider program there. rebooted the phone. nothing changed. still seeing the .36 and insider update. during the said period, the phone occasionally told me I am out of storage space which I had more than 20GB of it. the battery was draining and the update process could not be stopped. finally I factory reset the phone.

So did the update to .36 work after the reset?

KennyMcCormack

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
950xl in US still on .29. Set the phone up to update before going to bed. Woke up and found the phone still trying to update. Same error. Unable to install parts. Will try again later.

Does anyone who has experienced this issue have a solution other than going back to stock and waiting for the stable release of .36?

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

peter leung 10586

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
So did the update to .36 work after the reset?
I am trying. tell you guys the result maybe tomorrow. let's report the update history of my phone. at first, it was at .0. I saw no update available then I installed the insider and subscribed fast ring. then the hell thing happened. the update process couldn't be completed and couldn't be stopped. it drained the battery. the phone became unusable. I factory reset it using windows device recovery tool. it became .0 again. then it received .29 without insider subscription. the installation of .29 was successful. but the resulting system was not stable. it rebooted several times when using continuum. I was not satisfied. I reset it again. it became .29 now. I installed the insider. subscribed fast ring. I see the .36 now. but I don't know whether it can be install correctly. let's see the result tomorrow...

Petru Moldovan

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
I have finally reset my phone. It picked up 29 and downloaded. Currently it's doing gears after restart. I am in US.
I was stuck on .0 on my new 950xl and after resetting the phone without restore from the 8.1 backup I got the .29 build on the normal consumer channel. Then I installed the Insider program, I got this update and after some 30 minutes it was at 3%. I left the phone plugged into the fast charger and the next day the phone was updated. No Store updates. Battery is better. I think they finally have a stable build.

Vipin Khanna

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
yes i have download .36 build in my lumia 640 XL 5 days ago. This build is superb in last all build. No crashing, No restarting, No Hanging issue. Awsome

mvdbosch90

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site
I think I got kind of lucky... Decided to update my 930 to W10 yesterday. First got the .29 build, once I installed that, I could immidiately update further to .36. So far, basically everything runs smooth :)

KennyMcCormack

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
Is there anything unique about the non-insider WM10 950xl build that comes with/updates to 0.29 that would make the Insider 0.36 build incompatible?

No matter what I do, I can't for the life of me figure out why I keep getting the failed installation error I've been posting about.

perbear

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,
Season greetings from Sweden (for a change - both the season and someone other than from the US). Just wanted you to know that while I am able to get .36 on my old Lumia 820 and on the newer Lumia 635 so far I have not been able to get the .36 on my Lumia 950 XL. It is still on .29. I have heard from a Swedish Lumia 950 group that others are also "stuck" on .29. I guess we have to wait till after January 2 to receive the .36 update on ALL unlocked 950s.

EMINENT 1

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
After repeated attempts of hard reset using backup and signing in and out of the Insider app, I gave up and went to the Windows Device Recovery Tool and from no backup and fresh I was able to get .36.

Pain in the *** having to start from scratch and do it this way, but I needed to get off of .29 as mobile hotspot was flaky. They need a better way to get all apps from a previous backup at least so we don't have to go and do it one by one. Or a better way to restore settings, themes, start screen after an update, not just at the beginning.

Something is still broken on their servers as I have never had problems getting updates before as I did on .29. Nothing worked to see .36 like my phone was invisible.

mariusmuntean

Banned
Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Why on earth would you restore from a backup that's from aanother OS version and clearly from another phone model????? Then complain that you have issues. Isn't it obvious that a backup from a totally different OS and phone won't work???

EMINENT 1

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Why on earth would you restore from a backup that's from aanother OS version and clearly from another phone model????? Then complain that you have issues. Isn't it obvious that a backup from a totally different OS and phone won't work???

Who are you talking about?

I know it's not me because I restored from a backup I did on the same 950xl with the same build .29.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss