Disable WiFi calling on W10M

BluetoothFairy1

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
My L635 constantly keeps dropping calls on WiFi even with full signal. Where do you go to disable it? I can't see it in the settings for the phone app and since this feature is built into the OS, there is no dedicated app as it used to be in 8.1. I'm on the latest fast ring update of W10M.

jmwhite19

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Its in Settings > Network & Wireless > Mobile & SIM > SIM Settings, under the WiFI calling section. There is a toggle to disable it completely, or switch the preference to be "Mobile first" (see what I did there? Satya Nadella would be proud).

BluetoothFairy1

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
Its in Settings > Network & Wireless > Mobile & SIM > SIM Settings, under the WiFI calling section. There is a toggle to disable it completely, or switch the preference to be "Mobile first" (see what I did there? Satya Nadella would be proud).

That's the problem. When I go to Sim Settings, the WiFi section is not editable - I can rename SIM in SIM Info I can choose cellular network speed in Cellular Network section, Network selection is Automatic (the only option I have there), Active Network is WiFi Calling and is not editable at all, then there are Mobile Operator Settings, where I can pick my operator, then Internet APN and SIM Security PIN.
That's it.

jmwhite19

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried syncing the latest mobile operator settings or doing a soft reset?

Is your Lumia 635 unlocked or locked to a specific carrier?

Have you been able to modify the WiFI calling settings before?

BluetoothFairy1

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
Have you tried syncing the latest mobile operator settings or doing a soft reset?

Is your Lumia 635 unlocked or locked to a specific carrier?

Have you been able to modify the WiFI calling settings before?

Thanks!

It is locked to TMO
I'll try to load the latest carrier settings
No soft reset yet, but it is on my list of next steps
Never tried to disable wifi calling on WM10 as I never had issues until this latest build
It drops calls every single time, even in full wifi signal - previous build did not have this issue

Overall, this latest build is a horrible step back in performance on L635 512MB - everything has gotten extremely slow. 5-10 sec to launch or switch apps. News app and edge keep crashing non -stop. The previous build was snappy and stable.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Thanks!

Overall, this latest build is a horrible step back in performance on L635 512MB - everything has gotten extremely slow. 5-10 sec to launch or switch apps. News app and edge keep crashing non -stop. The previous build was snappy and stable.

Time to hard reset, that build is faster than previous on my 512 MB L520

Last edited:

jmwhite19

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Ah if you've been on technical preview builds, then stuff like this is all too common and a hard reset might be the only way to fix the WiFi calling settings along with the other issues you mentioned.

Jan 3, 2008
Visit site
I would hard reset too. I have a Lumia 635 on Sprint and have been on the fast ring since begining.

Edge and news have crashed constantly for me in each build. Hard resets do help.
I reset back to 8.1 yesterday though, I will wait for next release to get back in.

By the way my Sprint version has nothing in sim about wifi calling at all. Just basic roam or don't roam.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon