New features in WM10 that we don't talk about enough

LeFreak

May 12, 2015
Visit site
Still, Windows 10 Mobile falls far behind competing OSes in many departments.

Feels amateurish / incomplete.
Massive inconsistencies between apps that are supposed to be from the same team.
Animations are inconsistent.

In whole, still feels like an alpha OS.

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
maps apps is finally feature complete I think, not smooth as here drive or as reliable as the old maps, but that's the default system wide for everything windows 10

similar with the new camera, lumia features but loses the rock solid stability and swype back to see last shoot-cameraroll, I've got a feeling that groove app is good, but the OS itself is dragging it down

Cortana now fully syncs with pc version, at the cost of everything else it had going for it on 8.1, its just a bing.com wrapper now

cant think of anything else now, other than i'd love my action center to sync between w10 devices, if I could see some derp texting me on wasap on my pc and reply to it right there, that would be great, and instead of a funky onedrive app the file manager app should act as the w10 pc explorer, so I can browse my files + onedrive files seamlessly

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
One-handed mode is also useful.

That iphone ripoff shouldn't be mentioned, and again shows the lack of forward thinking that currently defines Microsoft's mobile efforts. Here is Samsung's version which at least tries to apply some originality to fixing the problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Cg7fGLApino

Far better solution than the copycat kludge Microsoft has implemented, but I bet because its on an android phone it will be panned...

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
True... Some people possesses deep compulsions to degrade every other thread with complaints and whining... We need more positivity.

renuzaki

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
to be honest i am disappointed in Groove its too slow :/ sometimes takes time to play next song and sometimes stops abruptly!
i do love the one hand usage mode so nice to have that! beside that the latest build kicks a$$! haha its fast smooth and there is absolutely no resuming screen! even Edge downloads files flawlessly when locked too which it usually couldn't in 100mb+ files

/L1020/10586.36

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
I have no problem with lag on Groove. I keep about 400-600 mp3 (190-320kbps) on my SD card .. hope you have a highspeed card !!

Michael Rivers

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
The new icons and font make everything much easier to see and read. The whole OS just looks more professional and nice.

The settings are much better organized and easy to use.

Groove is vastly improved. The bug I had in which a random song from my recently played list would automatically start playing with no input from me seems to be gone. The app is more attractive.

Have to write something negative: no new podcast app.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
as i said
i have Lumia 1020 (no sd card) i have about 220 songs mp3 (256b) to flac.
sigh :/
i tried uninstalling and installing groove

I have 920 (the innards are identical to the 1020 except for THAT camera!!!!!) Don't have any problem with Groove either, though I don't use flac files. Hope you get the problem sorted out.
My 920 is getting a new lease of life on W10M... Cheers

Last edited:

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
And sorry, adding the Flashlight to the action center is truly not a feature to brag about.

What seems like something that you wouldn't use is a great feature for me. I use flashlight dozens of times in the day at work at the factory. It's so easy to just swipe down and switch on flashlight. My engineering colleagues have to go through so many steps to get to the flashlight app on their phones that it's just frustrating. And then so many steps to switch it off.

Walking in the dark at night, just enable the flashlight. Searching for an item in the house in the dark, shining a light in dark corners or tight spots. These are reasons why having flashlight in action center is so useful.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Yup. Two simple one handed steps - just using my thumb . Swipe down and tap top right corner.... Works every time ..!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster