Contact not showing

jazzedmurf

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
Same over here. Strangely enough, if you're still missing your contacts, try this little experiment: Open your Phone app, and click the "People" icon on the bottom of the screen, and presto! There are all your contacts--with phone numbers properly linked! Unfortunately, this is not fixed in Messages or People. Frustrating.

EDIT: Upon further inspection, I see that not all my contacts show up via the Phone app with the above experiment. Hopefully this gets fixed soon--this build is a big improvement, but... I kinda need my phone numbers!!!

jazzedmurf

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
FIXED! Go to? Settings / Accounts / Email & App Accounts --> Delete your Live account under the "Email, calendar, and contacts" header. Open Outlook Mail app and re-add your Live account. Should fix syncing issues for email, calendar, and--and most importantly--CONTACTS!

kwill

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Yeah there's a few threads on here about this same problem and still no solution. I have it too. Tried hard resets and even flashing with WDRT which put me back at .29 build. So, must be a problem the backend. Not build related.

Bigfireq

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I found a fix for this that I'm embarrassed didn't occur to me sooner. Delete your account, and then re-add it using the Advanced Setup. For example, if you're on Outlook.com, instead of selecting the first option (Outlook.com) select Advanced Setup at the bottom, and then Exchange ActiveSync, and then give it your settings (you can get these from your account before you delete it, I got it from Outlook on my desktop). Once it's recreated, everything will start synching (I'm watching my contacts coming in now).

kwill

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I found a fix for this that I'm embarrassed didn't occur to me sooner. Delete your account, and then re-add it using the Advanced Setup. For example, if you're on Outlook.com, instead of selecting the first option (Outlook.com) select Advanced Setup at the bottom, and then Exchange ActiveSync, and then give it your settings (you can get these from your account before you delete it, I got it from Outlook on my desktop). Once it's recreated, everything will start synching (I'm watching my contacts coming in now).

Only one glaring problem with that. You can't delete/re-add your outlook account if its the one you signed into the phone with.

Bigfireq

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I did not have that problem. The email account is listed separately from the account used to log in (even though they're the same). I did have a second email account (work), but that was definitely not what I used to login to the phone.

Only one glaring problem with that. You can't delete/re-add your outlook account if its the one you signed into the phone with.

kwill

May 25, 2012
Visit site
I did not have that problem. The email account is listed separately from the account used to log in (even though they're the same). I did have a second email account (work), but that was definitely not what I used to login to the phone.

I'm not sure how that's the case as it pulls the email account from the account you log in with and even the MSFT documentation states that the account you log into the phone with can't be deleted. It also doesn't have delete this account option like my two other email accounts.

Bigfireq

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
When I go to All Settings, Accounts, Email and app accounts, I see two sections: Email, Calendar, and Accounts, and Accounts used by other apps. I have two email accounts in the top section, work and personal. When I select them and say Manage, both have the Delete account setting.

tpesa

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
Deleting my outlook account in email+apps, then immediately re-adding worked. It changed it from an outlook.com account to a live account as listed, which doesn't matter and has always been a confusing mess for Microsoft Imo, but... All my live account contacts came back. If I filter the list to just show Microsoft account contacts, it is blank. If I select Live, they are there. Whatever. Similar confusion with how Win 10 on Surface doesn't really show same contacts as logging into Live.com. Either way, fixed the phone.

anon(9808035)

Jan 28, 2016
Visit site
I'm not sure how that's the case as it pulls the email account from the account you log in with and even the MSFT documentation states that the account you log into the phone with can't be deleted. It also doesn't have delete this account option like my two other email accounts.

Same here on my Lumia 950 Dual Sim. My contacts are in my main Microsoft (Outlook.com) account, i.e. the main account of my phone. Therefore no delete button.

I did over five hard resets, then added the account again as my main phone account. Each time the result was the same: only certain contacts showed up, as if the sync died when reaching a certain element. As someone posted here, for me it appears to be a change in the sync on the server-side of Microsoft accounts for Mobile (my two Win10 desktop/laptops were fine) -- I ran into the problem no matter which Windows 10 Mobile version (Redstone or production), no matter whether starting from scratch or from a "good" backup (I had one from before the problem, but it showed the same problem after restore).

My solution in the end: I went through my entire contacts https://people.live.com/ and
  1. deleted all my contact groups
  2. deleted all my "old" contacts that I never used anyway
  3. reduced the amount of "linked" contacts by manually editing their info into just one contact
  4. found at least one "invalid email adress" in one of my contacts that showed up as an error when editing (it was missing the top-level-domain .com at the end).

Took me maybe two hours this morning to "clean" up my contacts. But since then everything's fine again after another hard reset. I was wresting with this problem for the last two days now. Phew.

Bigfireq

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm baffled why I'm able to delete the accounts and others aren't. Given that I can re-add it using Activesync, it would indicate it's not a backend server change, and yet I can't account for the problem existing with the production build.

I'm downloading the new build now. I'm going to delete my account and re-add it as an Outlook.com and see if it comes back correct or if I need to re-add it using Advanced settings.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720