Lumia 930, 10.0.10586.36, Continues to have same wifi bug as Denim

shamrockhead

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site
Hello
I hope you all wont mind, but I'm starting a separate thread, as my phone seems to have the same problem that it had in Denim - so its not a new bug to report.

Wifi home set up: "TP-Link 300Mbps wireless N Router", Model: WR841N and Nokia Lumia 930 running Windows 10.0.10586.36 (freshly installed today).

Problem:"Can't connect Your phone cant connect to the WiFi network name". This is the error message that Lumia 930 has when I leave the phone's wifi running, go out, and then return home.

Work around 1: Switch off Lumia WiFi before leaving home and then switch Lumia WiFi back on when I return home.
Work around 2: Reboot phone upon returning home, if I forget to switch off WiFi before leaving home.

This problem has been specific to my Lumia 930 with both Denim and Win 10 Insider Preview. My previous phone was a Lumia 5xx series, (I think it was a 530 but not 100% sure) and never had this problem of not being able to connect to different WiFi networks, including my TP-Link, so it doesn't appear to be a problem with my wifi router.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Hello
I hope you all wont mind, but I'm starting a separate thread, as my phone seems to have the same problem that it had in Denim - so its not a new bug to report.

Wifi home set up: "TP-Link 300Mbps wireless N Router", Model: WR841N and Nokia Lumia 930 running Windows 10.0.10586.36 (freshly installed today).

Problem:"Can't connect Your phone cant connect to the WiFi network name". This is the error message that Lumia 930 has when I leave the phone's wifi running, go out, and then return home.

Work around 1: Switch off Lumia WiFi before leaving home and then switch Lumia WiFi back on when I return home.
Work around 2: Reboot phone upon returning home, if I forget to switch off WiFi before leaving home.

This problem has been specific to my Lumia 930 with both Denim and Win 10 Insider Preview. My previous phone was a Lumia 5xx series, (I think it was a 530 but not 100% sure) and never had this problem of not being able to connect to different WiFi networks, including my TP-Link, so it doesn't appear to be a problem with my wifi router.

Tp. Link and D.Link has got a default advanced protected wifi option in their menus : search WiFi protected setup, with a PIN showed, and unchek the box. Home Wifi must have only a passphrase, not a pin.

shamrockhead

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site
Tp. Link and D.Link has got a default advanced protected wifi option in their menus : search WiFi protected setup, with a PIN showed, and unchek the box. Home Wifi must have only a passphrase, not a pin.

If so, then why does it automatically connect when I reboot phone? Why did my previous Lumia not have this problem?

Why do none of my other mobile devices such as Surface Pro 3 have this problem?

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
If so, then why does it automatically connect when I reboot phone? Why did my previous Lumia not have this problem?

Why do none of my other mobile devices such as Surface Pro 3 have this problem?

Check it, maybe it works, it happened on my 520 with 8.1 months ago when I resetted my D-Link router, all my pc's connected perfectly but lumia not.

NitOxYs

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
I have it on my Lumia Icon. I have to turn off my WiFi several times to get it to connect to certain access points. No idea what it is.

shamrockhead

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site
Check it, maybe it works, it happened on my 520 with 8.1 months ago when I resetted my D-Link router, all my pc's connected perfectly but lumia not.

I regularly visit 2 people with wifi, one has sky wifi and the other talktalk wifi. The same problem also occurs around various London cafes with wifi, which is why I don't think it is my setup.

shamrockhead

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site
Since posting this, I have reinstalled 8.1 with the reinstall app.
I am running battery saver permanently, and have 'disallowed' all the background programs from running. For the past few days, since running battery saver, I'm pleased that I am not experiencing the problems with wifi connection.
I am now wondering if the original problem was due to one of the programs that runs in the background ..... I will play around with the settings at a later point to see if I find the culprit that upsets wifi.
For now though, I'm very happy with the wifi as its working perfectly.

eusty

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
Post if you find the problem :eek:rly:

My 930 also has this issue, no pattern to when it just seems pretty random. This also was the case with my previous 930 which had to be replaced due to the dreaded second mic issue.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Post if you find the problem :eek:rly:

My 930 also has this issue, no pattern to when it just seems pretty random. This also was the case with my previous 930 which had to be replaced due to the dreaded second mic issue.

An all Lumias (and most smathphones), wifi antenna is in the cover and plugs in 2 copper pins in the back of the chassis.
Polish all pin in phone and cover, and check cover closing.
Ceck if using phone without any holder gives better results too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel