Set the BCC mail sender on Windows phone 10 - wp10

arashpara

Dec 22, 2015
Visit site
Hi, change from my Lumia 930 wp8.1 to Lumia 950wp10 I am still discovering that some functions are missing or I can't find them, like the Bcc the mail to myself. It is just a button to click, on wp10 can't see to do it automatically. I only found the possibility to do it email by email and I would like to find out how to do it for all my e-mail account. Thanks for help.

anon(3463402)

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Hi arashpara,

when composing mail, first tap three dots in the bottom right corner, then tap "Show Cc & Bcc".

Good luck with your new phone, it's great device.

OrangeBerry02

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
Sorry maya77 ...don't follow.

All you seem to have done is tell arashpara how to bcc himself email by email which, as he says, he'd already worked out. The question is, how do we do it automatically for all emails? This is essential if you are sending many a day and you need to keep copies on your main computer (for business reasons)..

arashpara ... did you find a solution?

I have to say I'm struggling with W10M. Turning out to be somewhat primitive in comparison to WP8.

nailzer

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
Why would you want to do it auto every time, I don't need my mum auto BCC all the time, i thought BCC is supposed to be selective

frav

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
I also miss the WP8.1 automatic Bcc to my self, when sending e-mails using IMAP & W10M Outlook.

If you find it, please tell. Otherwise it will be feedback to the Insider program to add this feature.

eusty

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
TBH I don't really see the need, unless you want to copy it to a second email account.

you need to keep copies on your main computer (for business reasons)..
Wouldn't changing the sync setting to Download email from to Anytime keep a local copy on that machine?

frav

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
We all have different needs. You dosen't see the need, I have the need.

In the best of worlds (for me), the IMAP sendt e-mail would have been "tagged" in some way as "sent" & "synced" back to my POP ISP-mailbox & when downloading at my Laptop/Stationary Win10 PC with Outlook, it should have been synced directly to sent items, as it would have been sendt from the computer. But as an second best, the auto Bcc was good enough. For me, I need to keep the outgoing e-mails as an history/reference/archive.

TOHSL

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Any solution yet? After upgrading my Lumia 930 to Windows 10, I am suddenly finding myself unable to BCC all my outgoing emails (POP accounts) to myself. Well, outgoing emails are not BCCed to myself, they remain in my phone's sent folder and nowhere else. How am I going to have a copy of my sent emails stored in my Desktop's mail client together with other downloaded emails? :(

ZillurRehman

Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
I also want this Auto BCC to myself option back real bad :(
Actually while Replying to clients i need auto BCC email to myself so that i can receive it on my Laptop etc...

Aurelio Crippa

May 14, 2016
Visit site
I found a bypass. In your phone , go to mail settings-signature. In the signature, add mailto:xxxx@xxxxx where xxxx@yyyyy is your email address.
I'm on Gmail and doing the above I can see a copy of the email into the 'sent' folder of Gmail webmail.
See if it works for you as well.

davidbcox

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for the suggestion! Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be working for me. I can now see the mailto:emailaddress in the signature, but it isn't copying me.

Aurelio Crippa

May 14, 2016
Visit site
Strange. Could it be a Gmail peculiarity ?
I will do some testing, using other accounts.

p.s. sorry to ask : are you sure that there are no spaces in "mailto:xxx@xxx " ? No spaces after mailto and no spaces after the colon.
Cheers
Aurelio

Aurelio Crippa

May 14, 2016
Visit site
I did some testing. The "mailto: " trick seems to work on Gmail only. I can see the mail, apart in the sent folder of the smartphone, in the sent mail folder on Gmail webmail site. I did try other two email servers without success.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte