wp10 insider on 640

voodoocars

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
I updated via the insider prog the other day on my lumia 640. It took a while but I have to say I a m impressed. Seems to run ok and ive noticed that web pages load a lot faster.

cmakthat

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
What's your battery life like after the update? I've considered getting the 640 since my 920's battery is a bit abysmal with wp10.

Rugish Dapeca

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
My 640 has pretty good battery life. I can leave for work with close to a 100% charge, use my phone a lot during the day and still have 70% charge when I head back home. By using it a lot, I mean checking email (company mail account synced to Outlook), streaming music from OneDrive most of the day to my bluetooth speaker, and watching videos on YouTube at lunch.

adigawi

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site
I confirm that 640 has really great battery life, even running w10m!!! I was considering buying 830 or 930, but after reading not too positive opinions about their batteries I bought 640 and I'm more than happy. If you use your phone to work mostly (emails, phonecalls, web searching, and some office apps, etc..) then you shouldn't complain on the lower hardware. And w10 on 640 is really pretty stable, sometimes it needs more time to do some tasks, but it is probably only software issue not hardware.

smf98aggie

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Did any of you guys have issues with something not working after you did the install? Like contacts not showing up, text messages wiped out, wifi hotspot not working (AT&T version), etc..... I downloaded the update to my 640 about 3 days ago, but have yet to install it, because I've heard that people have had problems with all these things I've listed above, and I don't want any of that happening to mine. OR, if it does, I'd like to know how to fix it. I REALLY want to upgrade, but it's my daily driver, so I don't want to screw up my main source of communication just yet. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! :D

Oh, I forgot to mention: the build number for mine will be 10586.29

smf98aggie

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I keep hearing that a hard reset usually fixes all the errors. I may just go for it tonight, and if it messes anything up, just revert back to 8.1.

Kershak

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
I got the latest build now, .63 on the 640.

The weird thing is, I've been constantly trying out W10 on my Lumia640 since 3 or 4 builds, last time on .36, now on .63 and I never seem to get it running properly. Yes, I did make at least one Hard Reset after updating from 8.1, and Yes, I even declined using any backups and started everytime from scratch.

Still, no build runs at least close to flawless. I get random reboots, even when my phone is just in my pocket. More commonly though, I get them, when I use several apps like Whatsapp/Messenger/Edge + Outlook in a short time, then it seems like the phone can't stand it any longer, Airplane Mode gets switched on -> Reboot.

Also, it happened to me, that Gestures+Touch isn't being downloaded after the reset/upgrade, and I couldn't find it in the store updates, so I would end up not having Touch settings -.-

Anyone else having this issue?

manus31

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
Runs almost perfect for me on my 640,no random reboots or anything strange.I did hard reset ,no backups and installed all apps on device. The only other things I do is turn off glance and touch double tap and and vibrate.All apps install fine for me also.I do turn off automatic store updates so I can check myself to know what's being updated

Kershak

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
I might try using the phone without the sd card. But apart from that, one might think I got a hardware problem. Though it does work flawlessly on WP8.1, so that shouldn't be the case.

smf98aggie

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
So, you guys that restart from scratch.....you don't worry about losing all of your texts and emails?

Runs almost perfect for me on my 640,no random reboots or anything strange.I did hard reset ,no backups and installed all apps on device. The only other things I do is turn off glance and touch double tap and and vibrate.All apps install fine for me also.I do turn off automatic store updates so I can check myself to know what's being updated

manus31

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
So, you guys that restart from scratch.....you don't worry about losing all of your texts and emails?

Yea I do it all the time. I have lost texts but don't care.Contacts,calender entries,app library,photos are all backed up automatically and emails.

If texts are really important to you,use

Microsoft contacts+message backup on store to back them up to sd card before and then restore them from same app after

smf98aggie

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Hey thanks manus31, I didn't know about that app! Yes, my txts are very important to me. I get a lot of pics sent to me that I don't always have time to save to my phone, and I sometimes have to go back to previous conversations to find out stuff I'm looking for. Thanks again! :)

Yea I do it all the time. I have lost texts but don't care.Contacts,calender entries,app library,photos are all backed up automatically and emails.

If texts are really important to you,use

Microsoft contacts+message backup on store to back them up to sd card before and then restore them from same app after

Anix90s

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
I have no problem other than a long "Saving..." issue during Rich Capture in camera in my Lumia 640.
About battery...yes, battery preference has degraded to some extent with Windows10 (10586.63). I think there is some issues with battery saver settings. The apps, which I have set as "not allowed" to run in background, still run in background if battery saver is not turned on.

Larks81

Jan 9, 2016
Visit site
Hi all, anyone else noticed jumping and stuttering when scrolling with your finger held on the screen with 640? Been like it since a couple of builds ago...maybe after touch was updated so would it be safe to uninstall touch then reinstall?

Kimmo Toivanen

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi all, anyone else noticed jumping and stuttering when scrolling with your finger held on the screen with 640? Been like it since a couple of builds ago...maybe after touch was updated so would it be safe to uninstall touch then reinstall?

I do, but it varies. Some apps with lists are really smooth, some apps are very jumpy. My library list in Store was very bad in .36, a little better in .63.
It may have something to do with list length or how the list is implemented... Hopefully they get it sorted out. In 8.1 there was no problems, also 820 with insider scrolls smoothly.

Larks81

Jan 9, 2016
Visit site
Thanks kimmo, exact same experience for me and thought it might b hardware issue on my phone. I have hard reset but still same problems....hope it's fixed soon :/

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett