10586.63 is here for update ( insider fast ring)

peter leung 10586

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
I think the problem is that it is trying to do both the Insider Fast configuration update AND the new .63 update at the same time.

Only if there is a way to do the insider update first, then go back and do the .63 update afterwards...

View attachment 120222

Its not stuck at 0. It would finish the download. then will get that error message after the preparing to install updates. I even tried resetting back to factory image with device recovery and still the same problems

We need to build upon this thought. I removed my SD card, hard reset and tried the Windows Insider update process with equally no luck. Low storage is not the issue despite the message. When I flash the factory image, I am able to update via OTA with no problems (Windows Insider not installed). It was making the leap from .29 to .36 that simply won't work.

There is something about this build and the firmware version that my fellow update-wannabes and I can't overcome. I recall reading something somewhere about the OTA download going to a specific partition in storage. Download is fine. Preparing for installation is where it fails on low-storage.

This reminds me of trying to install a hard drive partition on my computer and having one of the partitions overlap causing damage only repairable via a restore.
for all of you failed to get the .63 I suggest doing a factory reset not via the settings app nor the windows devices recovery tool but via the hardware keys combination. They are different. I can't get .63 or even .36 before. I tried resetting the phone in settings app, no luck. Then I tried resetting the phone by WDRT, no luck. Finally I used the keys combination method. It worked.

congthanhgiong

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
not sure what went wrong to my lumia 1320 (10586.39), after a full charge last night, I got my phone reboot for 10586.63 installation. After a few minutes of rolling wheel, it suddenly rebooted again and then showed :-( icon on the screen.

I cannot use windows recovery tool (last version) because it cannot detect the device. I tried to use

- Volumn down + power to restart the phone
- After the vibration, release power and hold volumn => doesn't show exclamation sign at all but a flicker nokia logo.

UPDATED: after many volum down+ power finally the windows recovery tool recognizes an unknown Lumia device and allow me to reinstall the whole thing.

hard reset for lumia is here http://www.windowscentral.com/do-master-reset-windows-10-mobile-insider
Have no idea what's to do next.:(

Last edited:

congthanhgiong

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Pete, is this what you mean by keys combination for hard resetting:

Nokia Lumia

Switch off your phone.
Press and hold Camera + Power + Volume Down buttons.
After few seconds, the phone will vibrate.
Release the Power button alone holding the Camera and Volume Down button.
After 5 to 10 seconds release both the buttons.

Link from where this came from: Tip: How to hard reset your Windows Phone - WMPoweruser
The combo with camera is not normal as not many phones has a dedicated camera. Here is the official combo keys Reset operation stuck on spinning gears - Solution - Microsoft Community

R0bR

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Update installed smoothly on my 1020, performance is about the same but battery seems a bit better which was already pretty good. Disappointing Cortana still slow to search anything, I enter something and it sits at "Thinking" for at least 10 seconds before returning results. It's been this way since .11, I've basically reverted to using edge and searching from there which is instantaneous. Cortana was instantaneous on 8.1 before for searching, not sure what is up.

tanveerbhatti

Jan 10, 2016
Visit site
Did they fix the issue of freezing home screen issue in this build (Specially on low RAM devices like Lumia 625) ??? please someone tell me who are using this build on 512 mb RAM device

barareklam

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
I am on 950XL and installed .63 last night as fast ring insider. So far phone is working fine, no issues noticed. (phone was working good after purchase for about 10 Days, then I got restart problems and some other bugs, glitches, which didn't dissapear on .29 or on .36 either ) fingers crossed that this makes my phone work without problems.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Did they fix the issue of freezing home screen issue in this build (Specially on low RAM devices like Lumia 625) ??? please someone tell me who are using this build on 512 mb RAM device

Sorry not. Freezing still when exiting Messages app . I bid a graphic iussue till now, too many fadings / splash screens simultaneously filling up whole RAM. I got a 520

iTomas

Jan 16, 2015
Visit site
On Lumia 625 it seems that it's fixed. No glitches, no hangs or bugs. Works perfect! All what i want now is more optimisation like 8.1 and it will be perfect! :)

peter leung 10586

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
Pete, is this what you mean by keys combination for hard resetting:

Nokia Lumia

Switch off your phone.
Press and hold Camera + Power + Volume Down buttons.
After few seconds, the phone will vibrate.
Release the Power button alone holding the Camera and Volume Down button.
After 5 to 10 seconds release both the buttons.

Link from where this came from: Tip: How to hard reset your Windows Phone - WMPoweruser
something like this but not exactly. mine is as follow:

1, simultaneously hold [power] + [down], until the phone vibrates;
2, release the [power], keep holding the [down], until an exclamation mark appears on screen;
3, press the [up];
4, press the [down];
5, press the [power];
6, press the [down];

then the phone will vibrate again and the spinning gears will appear, resetting.

this method yields a better result than resetting in the settings app. previously, I reset my phone in the settings app, then installed insider app, then subscribed the fast ring, then tried to get the .36 / .63, but no luck. finally I succeeded after resetting the phone by hardware key combination method. hope this experience can help you..

DeathMoJo

May 24, 2015
Visit site
No real big changes noticed on .63 with a 950XL. Windows Hello seems quicker and distance seems farther.

Loving where Windows 10 Mobile is getting to stability wise and look forward to more updates.

Cruachan 11

Aug 24, 2015
Visit site
Won't be able to fully confirm for a few days but battery life seems better to me on my 925, phone got the update on Friday night whilst sitting on it's wireless charger and hasn't been charged since I got up yesterday morning and still has 55% charge.

Finally fixed the quick action buttons bug as well. Just waiting for a Weather update so I can use it with the lock screen again (Accuweather is a misnomer if ever there was one!) and an Outlook update so I can have different alerts per mailbox.

Captain_Eric

Dec 31, 2007
Visit site
Any one tried the new build on the Lumia 1520?

I successfully and uneventfully loaded it on my 1520.3. I can see no change in performance, at least I haven't noticed anything yet. Unfortunately, that includes for me no Glance, Motion, Motion Data, Gadgets, nor Hey Cortana. I'm trying to be patient.

Larks81

Jan 9, 2016
Visit site
Anybody else noticed apps not showing in location privacy settings with latest build on 640? They were all there b4 the update but now only Cortana and mix radio showing. I have hard reset after upgrading to 10586.63

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb