10586.63 is here for update ( insider fast ring)

TrickyDee42

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
Installed .63 and did a hard reset from System > About on my Lumia 925. It's almost like I have a brand new phone. Definite improvements:
* Across the board: not only seems faster, but is faster
* Cortana is faster, behaves better
* Camera behaves better
* Paste from suggestion bar is almost always available.
* Mail's tile now shows the new mail count
* I have to manually terminate suspended apps much less often for operations in the current app to run
* Battery seems to last longer

The bad:
* PocketBible crashes on successful entry of username and password, and when trying to access the on-device library. I submitted a support ticket to Laridian.
* Wi-Fi seemed to get in a funky state where the quick-setting button would blink. Toggling Wi-Fi didn't resolve, but switching to a different SSID and back on the access point did.

Yet to try:
* Mobile hotspot: will it blend?
* If the still an issue that occasionally battery would mysteriously drain so fast that charging could barely keep up. Rebooting the phone generally stopped whatever unknown power-hungry thing was feasting away
* Installing on my wife's L640, currently running .29. Her impression of W10M so far is "this phone hates me." If WP7 was still a thing, that's what she would have been happy to stay on. Hopefully .63 will change that impression.

You got any problems with camera after running Skype/messaging app?

My camera is fine, but after running this app that gives no preview and says something else is using camera, my camera will then not work at all until reboot.

wpguy

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
You got any problems with camera after running Skype/messaging app?

My camera is fine, but after running this app that gives no preview and says something else is using camera, my camera will then not work at all until reboot.

I fired up Skype and poked around without making a video call. Camera seems to be unaffected. I am able to switch between Skype and Camera (either back- or front-facing camera) via Back button task list without any problems.

I'll have to add Skype calling to my list of items Yet to try

ahadzivasilev

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
Anyone tried this on a L630? I went back to 8.1 after build 10549 and haven't tried any of the newer builds. Can anyone report performance and how many of the 8.1 apps work here? I remember having some issues with Fhotoroom, and that was a dealbreaker for me.

Spindlebox

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
3 days ago, I got fed up of waiting for Windows 10 mobile, on my Lumia 1520, so decided to join the Insider Programme (Fast Ring). 10586.63 popped up almost immediately and I upgraded directly from 8.1 Denim. Rather than restoring my phone from a back up, I choose to reset the phone to factory settings (with the micro SD card removed), and started from scratch. Loving it, although, my phone gets awfully hot, especially when browsing in Edge, and of course, battery life suffers. Initially, battery life was woeful (which I guess was due to apps downloading, email and contacts syncing, etc., but now, the heating has reduced somewhat and with that, improving battery life. So far, I am getting through a working day without having to recharge the phone (8am-5.30pm). Currently on 19% using battery saver, which kicked in at 20% remaining, and its now 6.30p. I am hoping that in a couple of days, battery life will improve a little more. For a guide, I have used WhatsApp, Edge, phone, email all day. As a newbie to Windows 10 mobile, I am truly impressed. Given that this is still "beta" and not official, it is even more impressive due to the minimal bugs I have found so far.

benoitgphoto

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
My Lumia 950 on AT&T updated fine 586.63. BUT I still have 2 Bugs.
2) THE Driving Mode Icon, when connected to Bluetooth in CAR works but ICO says on after leaving car, have to goto settings, click on driving mode, then it clears.
ANYONE ESE?

Yes but it does that only when I also my Band connected to the phone.

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Groove update after install of .63 killed the app on my 640LTE as well. App simply refused to open.

Me too on my Icon. I did a Hard rest after this update and set it up again as a new device. (Deleted my backup on OneDrive). Yeah. kinda
of a PITA but everything is working great including Groove again! They definitely broke something.

chuckdaly

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Edge has become terrible for me. I get constant Bing searches, where it goes into a page reload loop. I also can't log in to sites if the login is on a in-page pop up. UC browser is more reliable now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05