10586.63 is here for update ( insider fast ring)

stenrick

Mar 24, 2009
Visit site
Battery life is terrible!!

I updated recently to 10586.63 and my Battery Life is TERRIBLE on my 1020. It is almost as if I can watch my battery meter drain. I have done everything I can to minimize usage. But it is ridiculous. Something hard core has to be running the background, it sure isn't my screen as it still drains with the damn screen off. I can get at best 5-6 hours on a single charge.

Rugish Dapeca

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
Re: Battery life is terrible!!

I updated recently to 10586.63 and my Battery Life is TERRIBLE on my 1020. It is almost as if I can watch my battery meter drain. I have done everything I can to minimize usage. But it is ridiculous. Something hard core has to be running the background, it sure isn't my screen as it still drains with the damn screen off. I can get at best 5-6 hours on a single charge.

The biggest culprit that has been identified is Messaging + Skype. For some reason if you are logged into Skype and not using it, then it just drains your battery rather quickly. So logging out of Skype until you want to use it seems to help. The other issue could be that if you recently updated your phone to the latest Insider release then the possibility of all the store updates running in the background could be doing the same thing.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Re: Battery life is terrible!!

Read forum, logout Skype first!!!!

dannejanne

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Battery life has been good on my 1520. I've been going for three days on one charge with little to moderate usage a couple of times. Though it has been fairly unstable with apps crashing and one random reboot.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
To be clear. Are you saying just don't use tmessaging at all or log out of Skype and use FB or Whatsapp for media messaging?

I'm sayin Skype drains double in background since integration in Messages app., even if Skype apps are closed. Better log out when you are going not to use it. Messages sms will continue working.
Whatsapp drains a lot only when opened

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs