01-27-2016 01:40 PM
193 ... 45678
tools
    anyone knows if this is already in the slow ring?
    01-11-2016 12:09 PM
    Not yet but will be soon because Build 11098 is also about to roll out to fast ring

Windows Insider app gets updated - WMPoweruser
    01-11-2016 12:11 PM
    01-11-2016 12:14 PM
    3 days ago, I got fed up of waiting for Windows 10 mobile, on my Lumia 1520, so decided to join the Insider Programme (Fast Ring). 10586.63 popped up almost immediately and I upgraded directly from 8.1 Denim. Rather than restoring my phone from a back up, I choose to reset the phone to factory settings (with the micro SD card removed), and started from scratch. Loving it, although, my phone gets awfully hot, especially when browsing in Edge, and of course, battery life suffers. Initially, battery life was woeful (which I guess was due to apps downloading, email and contacts syncing, etc., but now, the heating has reduced somewhat and with that, improving battery life. So far, I am getting through a working day without having to recharge the phone (8am-5.30pm). Currently on 19% using battery saver, which kicked in at 20% remaining, and its now 6.30p. I am hoping that in a couple of days, battery life will improve a little more. For a guide, I have used WhatsApp, Edge, phone, email all day. As a newbie to Windows 10 mobile, I am truly impressed. Given that this is still "beta" and not official, it is even more impressive due to the minimal bugs I have found so far.
    M7H likes this.
    01-11-2016 12:43 PM
    Use the Windows Feedback app.

Shame on me😱. Missed this one
    Thanks !
    01-11-2016 01:06 PM
    I'm having the same problems. Seems like old Silverlight based apps aren't loading. Newer ones work fine.
    If anybody else has this problem, a hard reset should fix it. It did for me.
    01-11-2016 01:53 PM
    Not sure if it is this update or the Groove update, but Groove simply refuses to start. Launches then terminates.
    01-11-2016 02:15 PM
    Error (0x80188306) - Still stuck on .29 on 950 XL Single Sim. Cant update to .36 OR .63 - Very annoying. I am really considering get rid of this phone.
    Maybe instead of getting rid of the phone, stop installing insider builds. The public builds cause no such problems.
    01-11-2016 02:16 PM
    My Lumia 950 on AT&T updated fine 586.63. BUT I still have 2 Bugs.
    2) THE Driving Mode Icon, when connected to Bluetooth in CAR works but ICO says on after leaving car, have to goto settings, click on driving mode, then it clears.
    ANYONE ESE?
    Yes but it does that only when I also my Band connected to the phone.
    davebwi likes this.
    01-11-2016 02:35 PM
    Not sure if it is this update or the Groove update, but Groove simply refuses to start. Launches then terminates.
    Groove update after install of .63 killed the app on my 640LTE as well. App simply refused to open.
    01-11-2016 02:39 PM
    Interestingly, Edge has not crashed once since in installed .63.
    01-11-2016 02:50 PM
    Groove update after install of .63 killed the app on my 640LTE as well. App simply refused to open.
    Me too on my Icon. I did a Hard rest after this update and set it up again as a new device. (Deleted my backup on OneDrive). Yeah. kinda
    of a PITA but everything is working great including Groove again! They definitely broke something.
    01-11-2016 02:55 PM
    Edge has become terrible for me. I get constant Bing searches, where it goes into a page reload loop. I also can't log in to sites if the login is on a in-page pop up. UC browser is more reliable now.
    01-11-2016 04:26 PM

Yes Microsoft knows
    editguy likes this.
    01-11-2016 04:51 PM
    Yes, it is the Band!!!I have been reporting this since8.1;with Band1 or now Band 2..Please Fix Microsoft!!
    01-11-2016 06:42 PM
    My observation using Windows 10 Mobile for the past 6 to 8 weeks

• Much slower than Windows 8.1 in opening most applications including
      • Mail
      • Messaging
      • Phone
      • Context sensitive numbers
      • Here Maps+

• Phone get very hot whilst operating and also when charging
    • Battery life is poor
    • Number of unread Mail messages (in Hotmail) is not accurately displayed on the live tile or the Glance Screen
    • History of phone calls for each contact is now limited to 1 or 2 calls. Before this - Windows 10 - it was significantly (perhaps months of calls).
    • Cortana no longer reads out incoming text messages and then allows you to answer them hands free
    • Photos taken sometimes not get sent to my Onedrive folder
    • Does not allow you to preview the default sound that has been assigned to an application/event
    • Drop down list box when selecting a sound often makes the phone hang
    • Applications often fail and then restart
    • The messages "Loading" and "Resuming" occur far too frequently and sometime for long periods

I know that this Windows 10 Mobile is still in preview but there is a lot of work that needs to be done to get it working properly.
    Fred Shumacher likes this.
    01-11-2016 08:22 PM
    3 days ago, I got fed up of waiting for Windows 10 mobile, on my Lumia 1520, so decided to join the Insider Programme (Fast Ring). 10586.63 popped up almost immediately and I upgraded directly from 8.1 Denim. Rather than restoring my phone from a back up, I choose to reset the phone to factory settings (with the micro SD card removed), and started from scratch. Loving it, although, my phone gets awfully hot, especially when browsing in Edge, and of course, battery life suffers. Initially, battery life was woeful (which I guess was due to apps downloading, email and contacts syncing, etc., but now, the heating has reduced somewhat and with that, improving battery life. So far, I am getting through a working day without having to recharge the phone (8am-5.30pm). Currently on 19% using battery saver, which kicked in at 20% remaining, and its now 6.30p. I am hoping that in a couple of days, battery life will improve a little more. For a guide, I have used WhatsApp, Edge, phone, email all day. As a newbie to Windows 10 mobile, I am truly impressed. Given that this is still "beta" and not official, it is even more impressive due to the minimal bugs I have found so far.
    So how is the battery life now?
    01-11-2016 09:57 PM
    check also settings>system?notification&actions> select alarms and clock, there should be notification sound, which needs to be set to default.
    the go to alarms&clock app and set your sound. it should work now.
    Thank you so much, works, this was really frustrating me
    01-11-2016 11:32 PM
    Vincent, I will buy your 950XL !
    01-11-2016 11:55 PM
    I'm facing issue with charging on my Lumia 640 with this build. I'm constantly getting message that "Device is charging slowly". I am using the original charger and have tried other chargers as well but still no luck! Anyone else facing similar issue?
    01-12-2016 01:17 AM
    I was facing the same issue with my 640, power off the phone and then connect the charger it fixed it.
    01-12-2016 06:45 AM
    I'm experiencing slightly worse battery life, I think, with this new build.

Sent from mTalk
    01-12-2016 07:01 AM
    It seems be settling down, now. Yesterday, I got about 12 hours without having to charge, and that was with moderate browsing in EDGE, app usage (WhatsApp, Twitter) and over a total of 2 hours of phone calls. However, it is alarming that the phone (Lumia 1520) heats up around the top left hand corner, where the micro SD and SIM card reside, and spreading towards the camera. Fortunately, the heat is not around the battery area (which is towards the bottom centre half of the phone) otherwise there could surely be some damage to the battery.

The heat begins to occur when using EDGE or when the screen is on, which would lead me to suspect that the display driver is causing the phone to consume power.
    01-12-2016 07:50 AM
    is someone experiencing this strange behavior?
    when i set the region and language to US (thus enabling cortana in non supported regions), the phone after some time sets the region back to the current location by itself and thus disable cortana.
    01-12-2016 08:07 AM
    I did that, the notification didn't come up, but still charging the rate is slow. I am checking the rate through a third party app "Battery". The issue was not there before the update. I guess I have to reset it!
    01-12-2016 08:22 AM
193 ... 45678