has anyone else noticed improved battery life in build 10586.63???

dashrendar

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
Battery life pretty bad in my 830. I think the offending app is Messenger. Huge background usage. I'm guessing because of Skype integration.?.? Unfortunately if you turn Messaging background off then new messages will not notify..

I don't use Messenger a lot, but I rarely use Skype. My Messenger background usage was high. I simply logged out of Skype (Skype Video I think) and now Messenger doesn't even appear on the battery usage list.

bburgarelli

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
Waze is notorious for being a battery hog. Read the reviews and since google owns it, they will NEVER fix/update it. You cannot use the waze to gauge battery performance.
Wave on android sucks the battery extremely quickly as well, even the most up to date version if the app, awful app.
Could make a full 4 hour trip with good battery left to spare 3 months ago. The phone runs hot all the time since the last update.

pedmar007

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
Yup yup, sure did but only after I disabled the messaging + skype in background and turned down the transparency start screen setting to under 80%. Now I've gone from 100% to 70% from 4am -> approx 4:30pm. Before it would have showed either 40% or less in that span of 12hrs. So that is definitely a huge battery improvement on my L920.

efrem27

Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Yup yup, sure did but only after I disabled the messaging + skype in background and turned down the transparency start screen setting to under 80%. Now I've gone from 100% to 70% from 4am -> approx 4:30pm. Before it would have showed either 40% or less in that span of 12hrs. So that is definitely a huge battery improvement on my L920.

Im using 950 with the .63 build on the fast insiders program and I can see improvements. Everyday on the way to work(1 hour usage),I would surf, read news and listen to bluetooth headphones and it would drop to 80% from 100%. Now it drops to just 90%:)

Sent from mTalk

Compiux

May 24, 2014
Visit site
I managed to revive my phone. Still, battery usage is worse than previous build. I feels like the battery is draining way too fast (2-3 hours faster than in the previous build)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos