No App updates after the recent 10586.63

lucky4ansh

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

There are no updates showing up after the recent insider upgrade. I had reset my lumia 1520 after the upgrade and it seems there are no updates available apart from the pre installed apps.

The updates to Store, Mail and Calendar, Messaging, Glance Screen etc all are missing.

chancooluk

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I had just come on to Windows Central to ask the same question.

Same problem on my Lumia 550. The store no longer finds app updates since the .63 update.

elismas

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
Same problem here. I know that sometimes to correct this issue you have to re-register to the insider fast ring using the windows insider app. The problem now is that when trying to do that the app says it requires a newer version, however, no new version is available. A new version probably exits in the insider fast ring, but since I cannot re-register, I'm caught in a loop... how can I get out of it? Thanks!

lucky4ansh

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Same problem here. I know that sometimes to correct this issue you have to re-register to the insider fast ring using the windows insider app. The problem now is that when trying to do that the app says it requires a newer version, however, no new version is available. A new version probably exits in the insider fast ring, but since I cannot re-register, I'm caught in a loop... how can I get out of it? Thanks!

Re-registering didn't work at my end though. An update to the app was released recently and I guess you need to uninstall and reinstall insider app.

Stanleywinston

May 31, 2015
Visit site
same thing here. just reset my 950 through the windows device recovery tool to get the firmware update. Can't get updates for mail&calendar, camera, store and health. for the apps that uninstall you can do that and then reinstall but for the ones that don't I can't find a way around it. I'm not sure it is an insider thing though because it seemed to be the case before I rejoined insider to update from the .29 build

Michkol

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
same here..

and the insider program tells me to update to 1.3.233.1
reinstall it make it crash all the time.
anyone knows how to fix it? =)

edit

works now..
but still no updates in store.

Last edited:

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
This release is more buggy too. Had what should be the start-screen appear with just the background and no tiles, it has done this several times since the last build. Today it just randomly made strange noises for a couple of seconds. Also not seen any updates recently despite reading on here that some are available. I thought MS were on the right track after the last build, but this one seems like a step backwards. Battery life seems poorer too.

indospot

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
I'm also seeing this. First I couldn't see the Facebook Beta update, now I can't see the Windows Insider update. Very weird stuff.

Sent from mTalk

lucky4ansh

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
This seems to be a big issue. I used to see 40 updates initially and now only 10. The store won't find any updates. You need to install individually. And, for the apps like outlook, store, touch, messaging should show an update option when opening in the store. But, it dosen't.

The app experience has shifted to 10 updates backwards.

Love Blood

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
I think I have this problem too. On 640XL, I just updated to win10 from 8.1. Many apps crash then go to store such as Calculator, Onenote, Word, Excel,..... many. I guess they are not updated because no update available on store.
If I uninstall then install again, they run well. But it only works with apps can uninstall (Word, Excel,...) but cant with Onenote, Calculator, Weather,....

Try soft reset, hard reset, down to 8.1 then update again but no luck.
Please help

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Are you sure there's something to update? >Do you see updates pending or not? Did you check app version numbers ?
Insider was togheter the build I saw

chancooluk

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Be very careful not to perform a hard reset, otherwise you won't get the updates for the system apps (phone, messaging, groove...etc).

Non system apps (Word, Excel, Flipboard...etc) can be uninstalled and reinstalled to get the latest version. But the system apps can't be uninstalled, so they cannot be updated.

Can anybody confirm if this is just affecting .63, or is it a store problem affecting all builds?

lucky4ansh

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Are you sure there's something to update? >Do you see updates pending or not? Did you check app version numbers ?
Insider was together the build I saw

Yes. There is a lot to update. After the reset, I normally have 40 of those updates pending including the pre-installed ones. Now, I have only 12 of them. Nothing for Mail, Camera, Phone, People, Photos, Store and other system apps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo