Help in insider preview update over mobile data

saurabh7890

Jan 21, 2016
Visit site
I'm currently on WP 8.1 and trying to update to insider build.63

While updating over mobile data it is unable to download and shows that Wi-Fi is needed.

Is there any way to download the update over mobile data because Wi-Fi is not available in my area. I get 3G HSPA signal with speed about 3-4Mbps (mega bits per second).

I have tried setting unlimited in data sense and also ticked the check box that automatically download updates when my data settings allow it.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm currently on WP 8.1 and trying to update to insider build.63

While updating over mobile data it is unable to download and shows that Wi-Fi is needed.

Is there any way to download the update over mobile data because Wi-Fi is not available in my area. I get 3G HSPA signal with speed about 3-4Mbps (mega bits per second).

I have tried setting unlimited in data sense and also ticked the check box that automatically download updates when my data settings allow it.

The download is large in size so you need to be sure you want to use mobile data

I could suggest a work around if the download doesn't happen via mobile data. Find another phone capable of creating a hotspot and insert your sim on that phone. Than create a wifi hotspot and use that

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium