When trying to connect to my home WiFi I am instructed to "Go to browser", where I'm greeted with a Microsoft webpage (hxxp://microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/phones) and a message up top, in a black bar, stating "Finish connecting to WiFi". A few loading circles/dots float from left to right at the top of the screen before disappearing and then nothing happens.

I can login into the website using mobile data, but once in I reach a page which no longer exists.
    I am unable to "Finish connecting to WiFi".

Why would I be required to load a webpage to turn on home WiFi? I can understand doing so for hotspots, but not a personal home network.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-----
    Phone: Lumia 930
    Version: 1511
    OS Build: 10.0.10586.29
    01-23-2016 06:39 AM
    **FIXED**

Originally I thought it might be to do with an issue while upgrading, so I ran the recovery tool, didn't work, hard reset and it worked, until I left my home WiFi range and returned.

Finally what fixed it was, after browsing the blocked content log, white listing "v10.vortex-win.data.microsoft.com" from my shields' web filtering.

Apparently some kind of data needs to be transmitted to Microsoft servers before a connection to any wifi network can be completed. I don't know why, as WP8.1 did not require such a step.

If anybody can offer an explanation, that would be wonderful :)

Previous Edits
    At first I tried the recovery tool, which reverted the phone back to 8.1, but when trying to go through the initial setup I was confronted with the same situation when trying to connect to my home WiFi (though this time without the "finish connecting to WiFi" message up top).

I, reluctantly, performed a hard reset, after which everything went smoothly/properly, phone connected to WiFi (that I had setup on 8.1) straight away, no website, nothing.

EDIT:

***NOT FIXED***

Not sure what changed other than leaving the range of my router (to go to work) and returning. I haven't added or removed anything, app wise, since my last post, but I can no longer connect to WiFi. I am confronted by the same issue as originally stated.

Well, it was good while it lasted.
    Last edited by level1imp; 01-26-2016 at 03:19 PM.
    01-24-2016 07:41 AM
    Hi,

Could you please let me know the fix for this?

I'm having the same problem, unable to connect to Wi-Fi at office.
    05-24-2016 10:55 AM
    Solved for me.

The domain I needed to whitelist was msftncsi.com then I was able to connect to Wifi okay.
    06-22-2016 07:53 AM