02-12-2016 07:16 AM
355 ... 910111213 ...
tools
    Got the .71 update on my 820 today, so far it seems to be working okay, didn't notice many changes, overall it feels okay.
    02-05-2016 11:19 AM
    On my 920, edge is definitely faster...at least the wait time to scroll the page is less. The Alarm is late by about 2 minutes, snooze for 10 minutes became 15 minutes. Outlook reminders late about 2 minutes.
    02-05-2016 12:37 PM
    On my 920, edge is definitely faster...at least the wait time to scroll the page is less. The Alarm is late by about 2 minutes, snooze for 10 minutes became 15 minutes. Outlook reminders late about 2 minutes.
    As mentioned above, clear and set again all alarms and ringtones. Check clock too
    02-05-2016 12:39 PM
    Updated to this build Monday. But I'm still having freezing issues whenever I'm playing music via Groove music app. Lumia 620
    02-05-2016 12:43 PM
    Hi -

Is anybody having issues with their camera focusing? My Icon was fine yesterday morning and now cannot focus on anything. I have tried to manually focus and nothing is different. Just got done with a two hour hard reset and setup from scratch and have no difference. Did the hardware Bork itself somehow just sitting on my desk?
    02-05-2016 02:14 PM
    I've been having camera focusing problems for a while now with my AT&T L830. It doesn't happen all the time but most of the time when I open the camera app, the focus is stuck and it doesn't actually focus on anything. Everything is blurry and it doesn't want to auto focus. Even when I go into the manual focusing mode (using the controls at the top of the camera screen) and use the focus slider nothing happens. I'm thinking it's a hardware/firmware issue because other apps can't focus either, I'll try and scan a barcode using the Amazon app and everything is blurry and it wont focus.

The really strange thing is sometimes the camera does focus and I have no idea why it gets stuck and then sometimes works. Turning the phone off and then on doesn't seem to fix it, neither does a soft reset. It'll just randomly focus sometimes and it'll be stuck other times.

It's super frustrating and something that I hope will get fixed soon.
    02-05-2016 02:37 PM
    I didn't tried any other build after the .29, but now it seems this one solved the overheat and battery life is a bit better. Despite these facts, I sense messaging apps are draining more than before, specially WhatsApp.
    02-05-2016 02:56 PM
    I have ran every Insider build on my AT&T 1520 and never had either of those issues. My only problem has been WiFi disconnects occasionally that require a reboot to fix.
    I didn't tried any other build after the .29, but now it seems this one solved the overheat and battery life is a bit better. Despite these facts, I sense messaging apps are draining more than before, specially WhatsApp.
    02-05-2016 02:58 PM
    My 830 seems to be stuck on .36

I've done a hard reset, and it still says it's on the latest version! I don't want to roll it back to 8.1 again as that's a ball ache!! How do I use the WDR to get it to install .71 (or higher, by the time I get it to work!!)

Cheers.
    Sim.
    02-05-2016 03:25 PM
    Did the .71 update when it first became available to the fast ring members and really had no new issues then as of today I noticed my glance screen stopped working. Now when I try to open glance screen in extras it keeps kicking me back out and won't open. I've tried a few soft resets but still the same issue. Anyone else seeing this issue?
    02-05-2016 03:56 PM
    I have had a few reboots on my 950XL since updating to 71, and I have never had a single reboot since I picked it up in November, so at least for me, it is not as stable as previous builds. I even had one case where it locked up with a strange noise when a call came in, and I had to pull the battery to reset it. So I hope we get a new update next week as rumored. On the previous build, my phone was rock solid.
    02-05-2016 04:07 PM
    just updated outlook and calendar this morning. but the event indicator on the month view is still no show. soft reset does not fix it. there is also no indicators at all for year show. anyone else have this problem?
    640xl lte ds
    02-05-2016 04:13 PM
    I've been having camera focusing problems for a while now with my AT&T L830. It doesn't happen all the time but most of the time when I open the camera app, the focus is stuck and it doesn't actually focus on anything. Everything is blurry and it doesn't want to auto focus. Even when I go into the manual focusing mode (using the controls at the top of the camera screen) and use the focus slider nothing happens. I'm thinking it's a hardware/firmware issue because other apps can't focus either, I'll try and scan a barcode using the Amazon app and everything is blurry and it wont focus.

The really strange thing is sometimes the camera does focus and I have no idea why it gets stuck and then sometimes works. Turning the phone off and then on doesn't seem to fix it, neither does a soft reset. It'll just randomly focus sometimes and it'll be stuck other times.

It's super frustrating and something that I hope will get fixed soon.
    The focusing is mechanical, if it does not work even in manual mode nor in other apps, it looks like a hardware defect that no firmware or update will ever fix...

Have tried reverting to 8.1? If it works out not would confirm if it's a hardware issue.
    02-05-2016 04:39 PM
    Well that was possibly 2 hours wasted!!!

I rolled my 830 back to 8.1 using the WDR and then installed the Insider app again and clicked 'Fast Ring' - Reboot, Then downloading an update (which took ages), Preparing to install said update (again took ages) - Reboot, Coggs 'Updating' - Reboot 'Finishing off.. .blah blah...' and I'm on... .36 again!!!

Checking available updates and there's nothing again!!!
    02-05-2016 06:58 PM
    The focusing is mechanical, if it does not work even in manual mode nor in other apps, it looks like a hardware defect that no firmware or update will ever fix...

Have tried reverting to 8.1? If it works out not would confirm if it's a hardware issue.
    I have not tried to revert back to 8.1 yet. But the focusing works sometimes which is really weird. If it was something completely mechanical that was broken then I would expect it to never work.

I hope it's something software related that can get fixed once and for all in a future update.
    02-05-2016 08:01 PM
    I understand people's frustration but you do have to accept the fact that 10 is inevitable. They're going to stop supporting 8.1 and pretty much feature lock 10. I think some of you need to decide if you can live with 10 in its current state knowing that you're likely only going to see performance enhancements moving forward.

The base has ben established. There won't be any foundational changes so you probably need to decide if you like the overall structure, layout and interface. If you don't then you're only going to be able to rollback for so long. I for one like Windows 10 mobile and plan to ride it until the wheels fall off (if they do) but make no bones about it if they do fall off it's either Android or iOS. I'm not trying to rollback to an older, u supported OS just for my love of the platform.
    603090569, pedmar007 and Mike Jain like this.
    02-05-2016 08:16 PM
    Ignore that... I'm a bellend!!! After all that fannying around I've found I'm looking at the wrong bit.. I was looking at the Firmware, which in my defence looks remarkably similar (in numbers) to the Software version!!! well it ends in .36

Anyhew, I am running .71
    02-06-2016 05:23 AM
    Having issues with Spotify on this build. Seems to freeze up like crazy and takes a while to play any songs. Anyone else noticing this?
    02-06-2016 05:56 AM
    Several days now on .71 All is still good. Battery seems better, or not better/worse. It's hard to tell cos I keep messing around the settings, new apps updates etc... no freezing, almost zilch resuming issues. The only lag is attaching picts in apps/email. Have to wait a bit for "just-taken" photos to populate the photo album.
    603090569 likes this.
    02-06-2016 06:05 AM
    same problem with the internet , data consumption is way to high even for watsapp that consume so low , it consumed me 300mb in 1 day
    02-06-2016 09:58 AM
    same problem with the internet , data consumption is way to high even for watsapp that consume so low , it consumed me 300mb in 1 day
    use search forum, disable video upload in OneDrive, remote Onedrive photo visuali in Photos, and Sync in Messages settings
    02-06-2016 10:30 AM
    Spotify working fine on my L930.
    02-06-2016 01:22 PM
    Did the .71 update when it first became available to the fast ring members and really had no new issues then as of today I noticed my glance screen stopped working. Now when I try to open glance screen in extras it keeps kicking me back out and won't open. I've tried a few soft resets but still the same issue. Anyone else seeing this issue?
    Yes, I had same problem with glance crashing. After seeing a few other quirks I used Windows phone recovery tool and rolled back to 8.1. Re-installed .71, glance now works fine and other quirks were eliminated.
    02-06-2016 02:19 PM
    Lumia 950 AT&T....cannot update past .36. Changed from slow ring to fast this afternoon and no configuration update or .71....never bothered with .63. I don't want to use Recovery Tool or reset AGAIN, is this only an AT&T problem or???
    My ATT 950 is not receiving the update either. In either fast or slow ring.
    02-06-2016 03:24 PM
    I have the same issue. I own a Lumia 950. Pretty stressful actually. Especially when I need to capture those precious moments and the camera doesn't focus or it'll stall.. :/
    02-06-2016 03:31 PM
355 ... 910111213 ...