02-12-2016 07:16 AM
355 ... 1112131415
tools
    Ah finally on windows 10 on my 930.
    02-08-2016 07:54 AM
    Does this build have the 4g option? Asking cause i want to uodate my 930 to the build and its downloading windows 10 now. Ive have a 625 running the bulds since last year and it still doesnt have 4g option. Anyone facing no 4g option in 930?
    Yes it does. The omission of that would drive even the hardcore fan away!! 5ghz router band is still there as well
    02-08-2016 07:58 AM
    Wifi issues still persist for me. Loses 5ghz connectivity randomly.

XL still randomly reboots about 5 - 10 times a week. Multiple hard resets done with no difference.
    02-08-2016 08:18 AM
    Driving mode still does not switch off automatically when I also have my Band connected to the phone
    Yes, I have been complaining , and reporting this for over a YEAR!!
    02-08-2016 08:26 AM
    I just got a text from ATT about using 7gb of my 8gb family share.. i have a feeling the data leak is still a problem because i never use that much..
    peacock93 likes this.
    02-08-2016 08:51 AM
    I have the same issue. I own a Lumia 950. Pretty stressful actually. Especially when I need to capture those precious moments and the camera doesn't focus or it'll stall.. :/
    It *could* be a software/firmware issue, I recall the camera app being very finicky and prone to crash last time I tried W10. Would try to get some quick shots to capture a moment, aaaaaand camera crashes - NO PICS FOR YOU!
    Unfortunately, you don't have the option to revert to W8.1 on the 950 to test if it's indeed a software/firmware issue, but you could try other camera apps; that may confirm if it' s just the camera app that's buggy. If it's a the OS/firmware level, then you're just out of luck... :(
    02-08-2016 09:19 AM
    Lumia 640 LTE Dual Sim - 10586.71 - 2 days - feedback
    >snip....<
    overall - this release is stable on the 640 (which was released with Windows 10 in mind and sports moderate hardware)
    Other than battery/camera/on board storage, does anyone know if or how the 640 is different than the 830 ?

What makes it "released with Windows 10 in mind" that the 830 would be missing ?
    02-08-2016 09:32 AM
    Yes it does. The omission of that would drive even the hardcore fan away!! 5ghz router band is still there as well
    Hmm. But still its unavailable on my 625 which had it while on 8.1 but my 930 has it on 10 too :D
    02-08-2016 10:37 AM
    Other than battery/camera/on board storage, does anyone know if or how the 640 is different than the 830 ?

What makes it "released with Windows 10 in mind" that the 830 would be missing ?
    WM10 runs perfectly fine on my L830 without any problems .
    02-08-2016 11:40 AM
    WM10 runs perfectly fine on my L830 without any problems .
    Good to hear - did you do a hard reset or anything specific?

No reboots/resume resume resume/bad wifi/bad Bluetooth?
    Camera works as it should and fast?

I'm still going to wait a few builds before I consider jumping back into W10.
    I only have one phone and I need it to "just work" - W8.1, although not as pretty, fulfill this very well so far.
    02-08-2016 11:57 AM

Never gotten a firm answer on that, however, from what I can tell the main differences are just what you said, battery and camera. I was told it also has nicer screen, (pretty much the same res, though), and ofcourse the more and more rare dedicated camera button. Basically difference has less to do with the brains than what the body. I know this about the brains because I have a 640: the Snapdragon 400 w/ 1GB of ram runs Windows 10 Mobile 10586.29 very handily in most cases, bugs and stuff aside.
    fgaudet likes this.
    02-08-2016 12:19 PM
    I first upgraded to .71 from .63 on my L1020. It was okay but mobile hotspot kept dropping after the system locked.

Later I went back to WP8.1 and wanted to stay with it since I like the camera app and Internet Sharing works fine. However, I can't make my company email work with WP8.1. We are using Office 365 but the email won't sync - kept telling that security policy cannot be applied.

Reinstalled Insider app and upgraded to WM10 .71. Everything seems worse than previous upgrade (from .63). Battery drain is horrible. Mobile hotspot still drops. Hard reset won't fix any of those...

02-08-2016 12:45 PM
    I first upgraded to .71 from .63 on my L1020. It was okay but mobile hotspot kept dropping after the system locked.

Later I went back to WP8.1 and wanted to stay with it since I like the camera app and Internet Sharing works fine. However, I can't make my company email work with WP8.1. We are using Office 365 but the email won't sync - kept telling that security policy cannot be applied.

Reinstalled Insider app and upgraded to WM10 .71. Everything seems worse than previous upgrade (from .63). Battery drain is horrible. Mobile hotspot still drops. Hard reset won't fix any of those...

The 100th time :) read forum about resolving battery drain. First of all, logout Video Skype....... ;)
    cliac likes this.
    02-08-2016 01:03 PM
    The 100th time :) read forum about resolving battery drain. First of all, logout Video Skype....... ;)
    Sorry if I missed it from previous posts. I will give it a try. I feel the drain occurs when running apps such as MS Edge. if nothing is running, the battery holds well.
    Maurizio Troso likes this.
    02-08-2016 01:18 PM
    Connected to my MB ML350 Bluetooth and it will randomly indicate NO SERVICE on the MB Display and then my Lumia Icon will reboot and reconnect to the MB. Did this several times on the way to work today which is a trip of 45 minutes or so. Never had this kind of connection issue before.
    02-08-2016 01:28 PM
    XL still randomly reboots about 5 - 10 times a week. Multiple hard resets done with no difference.
    By reading this thread, it looks like reboot was born with the phone regardless of version number. I bought my phone and never had any single random reboot.
    02-08-2016 01:28 PM
    Sorry if I missed it from previous posts. I will give it a try. I feel the drain occurs when running apps such as MS Edge. if nothing is running, the battery holds well.
    For me...logging out of Skype Video did nothing. Still much more drain than usual on that build.
    02-08-2016 03:16 PM
    For me...logging out of Skype Video did nothing. Still much more drain than usual on that build.
    it's pretty much the same for me as well. played sms and so on for about 1 hour, battery dropped from >80% to <30%. just recharging the phone. will report back after a little long time.
    benoitgphoto likes this.
    02-08-2016 07:44 PM
    it's pretty much the same for me as well. played sms and so on for about 1 hour, battery dropped from >80% to <30%. just recharging the phone. will report back after a little long time.
    That's the reason I hold the upgrade to see feedback first. There are somebody claimed most people are happy with this build, but from what I see battery drain is the main issue. I am running .36 and the battery can last 13-14 hours easily, I don't disable Skype at all.
    benoitgphoto likes this.
    02-08-2016 07:51 PM
    Groove won't play most of my music. Logged off and logged back in. No joy. Terrible build.
    02-08-2016 08:24 PM
    My first estimation was about 20% less battery but it is more than that...would say the battery drains about 35-40% faster on that build. Never experienced that much drain on any build since last october. I am sure the culprit is Edge and there is no way (on that build) to prevent it to run in the background. Can't believe this build went to slow ring.
    02-08-2016 08:56 PM
    Hello everyone.
    I have noticed some new and old bugs in this build.

NEW BUGS
    1. Since the recent insider update .71 the music playback in 3rd party apps is having an issue. If the screen is locked, the next song won't play automatically. It gets stuck at 00:00 and as soon as I unlock the phone it starts playing.I tried the same on groove music and its working fine. Only the 3rd party music apps are having the issue. I am using core music player and loco music player. I have tried soft reset and reinstalling the apps which doesn't fix the issue. If this issue is with the current build then hard reset won't help.
    Anyone else having the same issue?

2. The ringer option in volume bar is having a bug when earphone is plugged in.

I plugged in my earphones and pressed "ringer on" option.
    wp_ss_20160209_0001.png

But after removing the earphones and re-inserting them, the setting gets reverted back to "ringer off".

wp_ss_20160209_0002.png

For some reason its not saving the setting.

OLD BUG
    3. The brightness button in Action Centre has been buggy since the first windows 10 mobile insider build. After Automatic it goes to either Medium or High instead of Low(It still shows Low on the button though). I have to go to the settings page and change the brightness to either medium or high first and then select low again. Then it works.
    I have told this in feedback also but this has still not been fixed after so many builds.
    02-09-2016 12:59 AM
    I haven't charged my phone in over a day. Yesterday I checked facebook 3-4 times on UC browser, checked whatsapp, synced emails twice a day and made a few calls. Also checked 6tag.

This morning the same arrangement, checked emails, facebook. whatsapp, uploaded 3 photos to 6tag on LTE, and made a few calls.

Now battery is at 48%. I haven't checked the 6tag feed as I know that uses a lot of battery.

This is lumia 1020, 10586.71, it's been over 28 hours and counting. All of this is on either 2G or LTE
    Maurizio Troso likes this.
    02-09-2016 01:22 AM
    Hi there,
    Im using slow ring W10 after BLUESCREEN on my L930 since last week. Thankful, the hard reset recovered all app and settings on my phone so far. EXCEPT the damn whatsapp. I guess, as there is no SD card reader, the app can not create a backup (and this is actually the only reason I might have a look at the L950).. And now, to me it seems also the W10 mobile does still not offer a backup possibility per cloud - as "whatsapp" does not appear in the backup app list.

Sorry for OT
    about Build .71:

Works fine so far, but beside the "no-whatsapp-backup", I still have the same problem with WhatsApp:
    It looses the ringtone setting.
    Anyone else also met this?
    Not sure, why and when it happens, but from time to time i get no more notification by sound as expected, and all time I check the settings: "none" is selected. With new build it happens again within the first hours of usage
    Never met that problem with WP8.1
    02-09-2016 04:39 AM
    Hi there,
    Im using slow ring W10 after BLUESCREEN on my L930 since last week. Thankful, the hard reset recovered all app and settings on my phone so far. EXCEPT the damn whatsapp. I guess, as there is no SD card reader, the app can not create a backup (and this is actually the only reason I might have a look at the L950).. And now, to me it seems also the W10 mobile does still not offer a backup possibility per cloud - as "whatsapp" does not appear in the backup app list.

Sorry for OT
    about Build .71:

Works fine so far, but beside the "no-whatsapp-backup", I still have the same problem with WhatsApp:
    It looses the ringtone setting.
    Anyone else also met this?
    Not sure, why and when it happens, but from time to time i get no more notification by sound as expected, and all time I check the settings: "none" is selected. With new build it happens again within the first hours of usage
    Never met that problem with WP8.1
    Whatsapp and ofthen Clock and Alarms. Simply re-set again you settings , alarms and tones. After every update, Whatsapp starts from scratch and need number check, backup chat loading, and setup .
    Check notification policy in Lock Screen too
    AstraZ20LET likes this.
    02-09-2016 04:56 AM
355 ... 1112131415