Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 10586.71 is now available

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
So I have AT&T 950. I am stuck on .36. I tried the set insider to production. Reboot and check for updates. Nothing. Then set to fast and rebooted. Checked for updates and got nothing. Loaded Windows Device Recovery tool and it says I have the latest version. What gives?

Device recovery tool give you the out of the box build, not last. Are you on wifi? I bet ATeT knows why....:eck:

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
okay...so keyboard problem is still there...on my L720
keyboard doesnt come up while typing.in some languages...
even after tapping in the writing box . keyboard doesnt show up everytime

Or it pops up when you don't want it sometimes, not sure but this may have been fixed in this latest build, time will tell.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I'm amazed.
On my little 520, for the very first time since 8.1, I can simultaneously listen streaming music, messaging sms + whatsapp and browsing Edge without any booooriiiing 30 secs loading screens passing from one to another !
I'm moved

Reldel

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
Only issue I've found after 18 hours is that if I go into settings and attempt to open Glance Screen, Glance Screen crashes.

Prince Pusey

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
I'm amazed.
On my little 520, for the very first time since 8.1, I can simultaneously listen streaming music, messaging sms + whatsapp and browsing Edge without any booooriiiing 30 secs loading screens passing from one to another !
I'm moved

I have to admit it, even the photo apps starts to take picture faster and apps resuming is much better.

fredriks

Jan 7, 2016
Visit site
Installed .71 yesterday and my first impression is that its snappier and faster now. Battery seems fine to for now, didn't have any problem with it on .63 either.

benoitgphoto

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Updated my 640xl yesterday and then hard reset. Gmail account live tile badge notification is still broken...works good for other accounts. It worked great for a couple of hours but then stop refreshing correctly. Driving mode still does not switch off automatically when leaving the car when I also have my Band 2 connected to the phone. And Edge still crashes, freezes when scrolling down in a page, does not load pages and history windows remains visible after typing in the address bar. Actually Edge is quite poor. And battery life looks to have taken a hit on this build compared to .63 but I am not quite sure yet.

I understand this is a preview software and we agreed to live with bugs but this is a cumulative update to an OS pre installed on device they are selling now. This is quite disappointing. I came from iPhone ans I was amazed by WP 8.1 and hot stable it was but I can't see any improvement on stability on W10M for the last 2 months and things that were working great are now again broken. I am pulling the plug...just ordered a Nexus 6P...sadly

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Updated my 640xl yesterday and then hard reset. Gmail account live tile badge notification is still broken...works good for other accounts. It worked great for a couple of hours but then stop refreshing correctly. Driving mode still does not switch off automatically when leaving the car when I also have my Band 2 connected to the phone. And Edge still crashes, freezes when scrolling down in a page, does not load pages and history windows remains visible after typing in the address bar. Actually Edge is quite poor. And battery life looks to have taken a hit on this build compared to .63 but I am not quite sure yet.

I understand this is a preview software and we agreed to live with bugs but this is a cumulative update to an OS installed pre installed on device they are selling now. This is quite disappointing. I came from iPhone ans I was amazed by WP 8.1 and hot stable it was but I can't see any improvement on stability on W10M for the last 2 months and things that were working great are now again broken. I am pulling the plug...just ordered a Nexus 6P...sadly

Man, you must give 2 days to your phone for all core updates and use stabilization after an hard reset!!!! That's the rule.
Sorry for your recent money waste ;)

LA6507a

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
After my Lumia 950 updated to build 71 this morning, I have experienced 5 automatic restarts and the Ringer activated and repeatedly looped about 1 second of its tune for about 20 seconds (there was no incoming phone call) while simultaneously making a loud screeching noise. I pressed the power button after it started since the touchscreen was not responding and it finally shut down. I just started it up again and it is fine...for now. I believe it is time for a Hard Reset.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
After my Lumia 950 updated to build 71 this morning, I have experienced 5 automatic restarts and the Ringer activated and repeatedly looped about 1 second of its tune for about 20 seconds (there was no incoming phone call) while simultaneously making a loud screeching noise. I pressed the power button after it started since the touchscreen was not responding and it finally shut down. I just started it up again and it is fine...for now. I believe it is time for a Hard Reset.

First a soft reset....
EDIT: some core apps needs restart and notify it on screen. If you set to auto in Update settings, I guess Lumia will restart itself everytime a core update needs

PLEASEHELPLL

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
I have a 950xl and have not received the update yet?
do I have to signup for the production program on the windows insider app....I am on the fast ring now.
or
do I have to leave program and resubmit to get the update?
thanks
ll

PLEASEHELPLL

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
I have a 950xl and have not received the update yet?
do I have to signup for the production program on the windows insider app....I am on the fast ring now.
or
do I have to leave program and resubmit to get the update?
thanks
ll

k1s23

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Hey everyone. Did anyone have trouble before this update with cortana recognizing tracking information? I did, and after this .71 update cortana finally recognizes package tracking information in my email and asks if she wants the item to be tracked. Small fix but since I shop online a lot it's definitely welcomed!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo