02-12-2016 07:16 AM
355 ... 45678 ...
tools
    Battery is worse in my Icon.
    Sorry, but there is no possible way for you to know that yet. The update simply hasn't been available for long enough to perform any sort of accurate battery life test.
    02-02-2016 01:02 PM
    Hey everyone. Did anyone have trouble before this update with cortana recognizing tracking information? I did, and after this .71 update cortana finally recognizes package tracking information in my email and asks if she wants the item to be tracked. Small fix but since I shop online a lot it's definitely welcomed!
    ^This
    02-02-2016 01:06 PM
    Updated my 640XL yesterday and so far it looks good. The update itself was smooth and quicker than others. The phone is snappier and seems less laggy. Can't comment on battery life yet but so far seems fine.
    02-02-2016 01:09 PM
    Sorry, but there is no possible way for you to know that yet. The update simply hasn't been available for long enough to perform any sort of accurate battery life test.
    My battery does seem worse on the 950xl. And it's a lot worse. To a point that I noticed. So tests aside, I'm doing what I always do and notice it draining fast. Really fast.

Also noticed apps crashing on start up, which never happened before. It also can get pretty warm which it did not do previously. I'm going to soft reset just for kicks.
    02-02-2016 01:33 PM
    My battery does seem worse on the 950xl. And it's a lot worse. To a point that I noticed. So tests aside, I'm doing what I always do and notice it draining fast. Really fast.

Also noticed apps crashing on start up, which never happened before. It also can get pretty warm which it did not do previously. I'm going to soft reset just for kicks.
    Interesting. I am not seeing any of this on my 950 XL. The phone is actually cooler on this build, even while charging. Battery life "seems" better but I've only been using the build for about 24 hours.
    02-02-2016 01:44 PM
    I updated last night, had my phone charging and at 5am took it off the charger, at 10am whilst having been 4hours on flight mode it was completely drained. I have recharged it then for an hour and it was at 76% then, but definitely is draining battery faster again. Will do a hard reset when back from mymtrip to see if that sorts issues.
    02-02-2016 01:51 PM
    Installed OK on 640XL. Could not connect to home wifi. Had to restart then connected.
    02-02-2016 02:17 PM
    Sorry, but there is no possible way for you to know whether or not my battery is worse or not.

It's been 24 hours and I've had it on the charger 4 times today just so I can make it through the day. Prior to .71, I could get through the day without any problem. But to give you the benefit of the doubt, I will give it another 24 hours to see if there's any improvement.
    02-02-2016 02:48 PM
    This built seems to be faster and more stable in mu Lumia 640 XL. I hope that we will see the final built soon...
    02-02-2016 02:48 PM
    For those with battery problems, a hard reset might fix your issues.
    02-02-2016 03:09 PM
    Also, mail app functionality is greatly improved. I had several bugs which now seems to be gone.
    I have 2 folders from the same email account pinned to start. I have rules set up to move new messages to various folders. Whenever I would access folder #1 and then go back to start, the new message count would be reset for the entire mailbox. This meant that I would loose new message count on folder #2.
    With this update the issue is resolved.
    02-02-2016 03:14 PM
    seems like offline maps for China are missing. can anyone check please?

first impressions so far are better than .63 on my Lumia 1020. with the last 2-3 builds my Lumia got slower and slower, thats why I made a hard reset after this update got installed today.
    Melvin Chong likes this.
    02-02-2016 03:48 PM
    I am especially interested in any 950 user, how battery life is changed by this build.
    02-02-2016 04:01 PM
    This is actually really GOOD ! 640 here... and things are actually very fluid and I have yet to have any issues.. They FINALLY fixed the issue trying to go to an SMS message from lock screen ! Geeze that was annoying !

This is a great improvement on my 640 battery life is excellent as well.. unplugged at 0400 and its 1500 now and 70% and I've been using is regularly most of the day... Nice

This is close IMO.. now they just need to add back features from 8.1 :( like quite hours following your calendar items...
    02-02-2016 04:06 PM
    no Update yet for my 950 on ATT :(
    02-02-2016 04:56 PM
    I'm amazed.
    On my little 520, for the very first time since 8.1, I can simultaneously listen streaming music, messaging sms + whatsapp and browsing Edge without any booooriiiing 30 secs loading screens passing from one to another !
    I'm moved
    W10M getting ready for 512MB phones? ;)
    I see that on my 520 too, I'm even able to open a lot of native universal apps and multitasking between them instantly.
    Maurizio Troso likes this.
    02-02-2016 05:01 PM
    After my Lumia 950 updated to build 71 this morning, I have experienced 5 automatic restarts and the Ringer activated and repeatedly looped about 1 second of its tune for about 20 seconds (there was no incoming phone call) while simultaneously making a loud screeching noise. I pressed the power button after it started since the touchscreen was not responding and it finally shut down. I just started it up again and it is fine...for now. I believe it is time for a Hard Reset.
    Get an exorcist immediately!
    avengerxp and DavidinCT like this.
    02-02-2016 05:38 PM
    No hassle update on my Lumia 735 international unlocked (the one that works on AT&T, not the Verizon one). Everything is faster and battery life is better. I haven't done any exhaustive testing of all the features, but mail/calendar/news/baconit apps are all more responsive. In particular, I use baconit to look at r/gifs and past builds were pretty slow to load and play gifs. Now every swipe had the next gif playing almost immediately. Definitely noticeable. I will also say, strangely, that when I had the phone on the DT-903 charger, it didn't seem to get as hot and seemed to charge faster.
    02-02-2016 06:23 PM
    3 builds ago my Lumia 830 wasn't able to connect & now not even see my WiFi 5ghz network. WiFi 2.5ghz network has been quite slow. My router is Cisco DPC3848V and its configuration is just fine, my other devices are able to connect to 5ghz. It's so frustrating considering my Lumia was once able to connect to 5ghz and that I also have 120mbps internet connection :S Any solutions or insight??
    02-02-2016 07:00 PM
    You need to be on the insider fast ring to get it. If you have done that and still no update you are likely on the build that cam with the phone which had an upgrade bug and required a hard reset to sort out.
    02-02-2016 07:18 PM
    Phone is still randomly rebooting on .71. Did it on the previous build, doing it here too.

I know, I know.. try a hard reset.
    avengerxp likes this.
    02-02-2016 07:29 PM
    Any news on stereo video recording on lumia 930?
    02-02-2016 08:24 PM
    My Lumia 950XL on AT&T phone automatically updated to the .71 this morning. I am in the Fast Insider lane.
    When I got to work, I could not connect to Wi-Fi internet. Had to reboot the phone a couple of times. The same happened last week with the Windows update on my Surface Book. Something must be going on the Wi-Fi card drivers.

My biggest issue, was hoping for the real world 4g LTE download speeds. Sorry to say, the phone seems to be stuck 3g land even when it reads LTE. Most speed tests under 2mb. So the inability to open web pages continues. Either all white or all black screens with no content.

I cannot say of the battery lasts longer yet, but that will be next.
    02-02-2016 08:29 PM
    I believe you have to open the Windows Insider app on your phone and join the Fast Ring everytime you check for an update. The phone reboots after you agree to the terms. Then go into the Windows updater again to get the new build.
    02-02-2016 09:08 PM
    BIG issue on my 640. Installed update this morning and notice most of my apps don't start! Maybe a brief flash of the app opening before returning to start screen. Tested uninstalling, then reinstalling an app - which worked only after power off phone to completely uninstall it. Hope I'm not going to have to do this for a couple dozen apps, and relearn My commutes.
    02-02-2016 09:32 PM
355 ... 45678 ...