Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 10586.71 is now available

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Hey everyone. Did anyone have trouble before this update with cortana recognizing tracking information? I did, and after this .71 update cortana finally recognizes package tracking information in my email and asks if she wants the item to be tracked. Small fix but since I shop online a lot it's definitely welcomed!

Really? She can do that? Never heard before, even in Google and Siri

scolab

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone. Did anyone have trouble before this update with cortana recognizing tracking information? I did, and after this .71 update cortana finally recognizes package tracking information in my email and asks if she wants the item to be tracked. Small fix but since I shop online a lot it's definitely welcomed!
This has always worked for my Icon.

scolab

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Battery is worse in my Icon. Bluetooth synced with my car perfectly the first 3 or 4 times after installing .71, but now it's back to not working without manually clicking connect on the phone and car simultaneously.

Very frustrating, and not looking forward to yet another hard reset to try and make this work.

MirthRock

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site

^This

pgkane

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Updated my 640XL yesterday and so far it looks good. The update itself was smooth and quicker than others. The phone is snappier and seems less laggy. Can't comment on battery life yet but so far seems fine.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Sorry, but there is no possible way for you to know that yet. The update simply hasn't been available for long enough to perform any sort of accurate battery life test.

My battery does seem worse on the 950xl. And it's a lot worse. To a point that I noticed. So tests aside, I'm doing what I always do and notice it draining fast. Really fast.

Also noticed apps crashing on start up, which never happened before. It also can get pretty warm which it did not do previously. I'm going to soft reset just for kicks.

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
My battery does seem worse on the 950xl. And it's a lot worse. To a point that I noticed. So tests aside, I'm doing what I always do and notice it draining fast. Really fast.

Also noticed apps crashing on start up, which never happened before. It also can get pretty warm which it did not do previously. I'm going to soft reset just for kicks.

Interesting. I am not seeing any of this on my 950 XL. The phone is actually cooler on this build, even while charging. Battery life "seems" better but I've only been using the build for about 24 hours.

FurY2007

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I updated last night, had my phone charging and at 5am took it off the charger, at 10am whilst having been 4hours on flight mode it was completely drained. I have recharged it then for an hour and it was at 76% then, but definitely is draining battery faster again. Will do a hard reset when back from mymtrip to see if that sorts issues.

scolab

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, but there is no possible way for you to know that yet. The update simply hasn't been available for long enough to perform any sort of accurate battery life test.
Sorry, but there is no possible way for you to know whether or not my battery is worse or not.

It's been 24 hours and I've had it on the charger 4 times today just so I can make it through the day. Prior to .71, I could get through the day without any problem. But to give you the benefit of the doubt, I will give it another 24 hours to see if there's any improvement.

Victor Starostenko

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Also, mail app functionality is greatly improved. I had several bugs which now seems to be gone.
I have 2 folders from the same email account pinned to start. I have rules set up to move new messages to various folders. Whenever I would access folder #1 and then go back to start, the new message count would be reset for the entire mailbox. This meant that I would loose new message count on folder #2.
With this update the issue is resolved.

Kenny7

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
seems like offline maps for China are missing. can anyone check please?

first impressions so far are better than .63 on my Lumia 1020. with the last 2-3 builds my Lumia got slower and slower, thats why I made a hard reset after this update got installed today.

WayCool

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
This is actually really GOOD ! 640 here... and things are actually very fluid and I have yet to have any issues.. They FINALLY fixed the issue trying to go to an SMS message from lock screen ! Geeze that was annoying !

This is a great improvement on my 640 battery life is excellent as well.. unplugged at 0400 and its 1500 now and 70% and I've been using is regularly most of the day... Nice

This is close IMO.. now they just need to add back features from 8.1 :( like quite hours following your calendar items...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb