02-12-2016 07:16 AM
355 ... 678910 ...
tools
    No.....maybe that is what I need to fix all the busted apps?! I guess I'll wait a couple of days before reinstalling of them.
    Go to store, downloads and tap Updates. Core apps need update once every 2 / 3 build update I noticed
    02-03-2016 07:15 AM
    I never changed anything from build to build. The last build was the first time I ever had excessive data usage. After noticing the problem I went to Windows Central and saw the article about the problem. It stated that the possible cause was messaging backup. Once I disabled that setting the excessive data usage stopped.

I did check my Photo/Video backup settings and they are set to only upload on WiFi and not over Metered Connection.

Thanks for the reply though.
    02-03-2016 08:13 AM
    Lumia 1020 download keeps failing anyone else
    Installed on my Lumia 1020, and work fine
    02-03-2016 08:40 AM
    My battery is so horrible now. Some say to give it 2 days but I've had it since it came out and it doesn't seem to resolve itself. I even had feedback diagnostics set to basic, but changed it back to enhanced so I can get keyboard learning. And I don't have skype linked. NFC is off, location is off. I never had this sort of problem before. Also apps are crashing here and there. Usually on startup, relaunching app fixes it, but also didn't have that issue. Will give it to the rest of the day and then open up a feedback request or find similar ones and upvote hehe. I also usually keep my brightness from 0-25%. 0 at night, 25% during day. Sometimes when out and it's bright i'll set it to 100%, but haven't done that yet, almost afraid what will happen. hehe
    HinoMusouka likes this.
    02-03-2016 08:55 AM
    ^
    Clean your finger and the touch sensors wouldn't have to work as hard thus better battery charge longevity. ;-)
    Krystianpants likes this.
    02-03-2016 09:23 AM
    Did you disabled the show Onedrive photos in Photo app? And the video uploaing in OneDrive app? they cause a continuous data stream up and down.
    Did your Store got pending apps?

I did not know that I'll go turn that off right now

Sent from mTalk
    02-03-2016 09:24 AM
    Battery life is a joke
    02-03-2016 09:29 AM
    So far, SO, SO, on my ICON.....

1. Button mute of Cortana STILL does not work (If you leave Cortana to always read texts, if it reads it out loud in 8.1 you could hit any button to mute her, this has NEVER worked on 10). Does this work on a 950/950XL ?

2. Battery life day 1 is not impressive so far.pulled the phone off the charger @ 5:41am, it's now 10:33, only checked email and used the camera to take a quick email, my battery is at 77%...At this rate by 5, the battery will be dead... This alone temps me to go back to 8.1...

Over all seems ok, No "loading...." screens so far...Need another day or 2 to really test it but, this weekend I go back to my Android phone for a few days (need apps)...
    HinoMusouka likes this.
    02-03-2016 09:35 AM
    640 here...Battery life is noticeably worse. A lot worse. Everything else seems quite snappy and fluid though. One of the main selling points for me to switch to WP was the battery life. This needs to addressed.
    02-03-2016 11:18 AM
    We are trialling a Windows 930 with Windows 10 for mobile on it.

Has anyone else had issues connecting to data when abroad? I have another post relating to this:

Office 365 - Company Phone setup

Thanks in advance
    02-03-2016 12:21 PM
    We are trialling a Windows 930 with Windows 10 for mobile on it.

Has anyone else had issues connecting to data when abroad? I have another post relating to this:

Office 365 - Company Phone setup

Thanks in advance
    Did you check the internet APN setting?
    02-03-2016 12:43 PM
    seems like offline maps for China are missing. can anyone check please?
    That's the first thing I noticed. Big bummer for me. 😠
    02-03-2016 01:02 PM
    Just got some MS... Update to my normal L950xl .29 build in finland.. This is the configuration update I guess... Was really quick update..
    02-03-2016 01:35 PM
    Do you mean mobile hotspot disconnection issue can be resolved after a HARD reset?

I have this problem since .63 even after a hard reset. I am using 1020.
    02-03-2016 02:02 PM
    Same... Here's to hoping this fixes my inability to "Connect/project" to my Xbox One. Oh, and maybe i'll be able to turn off my phone and not have it just reboot instead.

Although I doubt it, because my laptop isn't able to anymore either. At least my Xbox actually shows up on my laptop, my 640 doesn't even find it. -_-

Change power settings on Xbox to energy saving exit and shut down the Xbox. Turn Xbox back on and change back to Instant on turn off Xbox and turn back on. Try and find now.

Sent from mTalk
    02-03-2016 02:04 PM
    I've been running it on my 950 XL for the past 16 hours or so. No reboots and battery life is markedly improved.
    Hey Mark, how about the messaging bug? Does it appear that it's been resolved?
    02-03-2016 02:05 PM
    My Lumia 950XL on AT&T phone automatically updated to the .71 this morning. I am in the Fast Insider lane.
    When I got to work, I could not connect to Wi-Fi internet. Had to reboot the phone a couple of times. The same happened last week with the Windows update on my Surface Book. Something must be going on the Wi-Fi card drivers.

My biggest issue, was hoping for the real world 4g LTE download speeds. Sorry to say, the phone seems to be stuck 3g land even when it reads LTE. Most speed tests under 2mb. So the inability to open web pages continues. Either all white or all black screens with no content.

I cannot say of the battery lasts longer yet, but that will be next.
    You need to find an AT&T branded LTE IMEI number. If you use the one on your 950XL, AT&T's network won't recognize the LTE capability.
    Maurizio Troso likes this.
    02-03-2016 02:13 PM
    Cannot send and receive text with a picture attachment on lumia 640
    02-03-2016 04:15 PM
    A little smoother but
    A. Battery life is now horribly bad, fully charged in the morning, almost no usage, phone dies before 9 pm. Lumia 925
    B. The bug that mutes the ring sound after being connected with Bluetooth headphones still there. Better not be expecting any important calls because you will have reboot to get the ringtone back
    C. What's app not possible to add to battery save mode an exeption to get notifications
    HinoMusouka likes this.
    02-03-2016 04:29 PM
    That's the first thing I noticed. Big bummer for me.
    My wife is Chinese... I read at mobilegeeks com/here-maps-no-longer-supports-china-hong-kong-macau-on-android , that support was removed in last April :(

Do you mean mobile hotspot disconnection issue can be resolved after a HARD reset?
    I have this problem since .63 even after a hard reset. I am using 1020.
    I had the same problem with previous builds but havent tried hard reset. haven't tried it now after .71 and hard reset so far.

skype video only gives error, cant connect and I may not uninstall that stupid app.
    I dont want skype on my mobile! is there any other SMS app like the old one?
    notification sound also doesnt work for SMS, just "1" shown in live tile, no sound or notification at all

everything else is running very well, much better than the last 2-3 builds. no battery drains or other trouble
    02-03-2016 04:48 PM
    Anyone tried it on a Lumia 1520? How about battery life and overheat in use? Because that's what I recall the biggest dissaster of W10 Mobile.
    02-03-2016 06:00 PM
    Lumia 640: First time using WM10 on this. It's definitely daily driver material for me. Battery feels solid so far. Unplugging @ 6:30am and getting home @ 8:30pm with at least 45% left. 3 emails, Bluetooth audio/podcast about 1.5 hours. Web browsing, about 2 hours. FB about 30 mins. 50 SMS/MMS, Viber online. So far, it has been more solid than my 830 on .63.

Lumia 830: I can't tell yet. I've been messing with the 640 all this time but it is on .71.
    02-03-2016 06:28 PM
    640 here...Battery life is noticeably worse. A lot worse. Everything else seems quite snappy and fluid though. One of the main selling points for me to switch to WP was the battery life. This needs to addressed.
    Maybe wait for the firmware update and official update?
    02-03-2016 10:36 PM
    Installed 10586.71 without issue, took about an hour or more. Can't determine size of download as the wifi data usage didn't increase at all during this time which reinforces my previous observations that wifi data usage tracking doesn't track OS updates

No store updates after install, checked several times since I installed .71.

Under observation. Lumia 1020
    02-03-2016 10:48 PM
    You may still need to do a hard reset, I had to with the last build, and I was already running Win10M. I haven't done a hard reset this time though and things seem fine. Last time I had a lot of issues, a hard reset then restore from backup fixed everything.
    I do also have a problem with signing in on my People, Mail and Calendar apps after doing a hard reset on .63. Prior to that, I have a great experience with Insider Fast Builds on my 640 XL since November. So I downgraded to 8.1 for now and downloading the .71 hoping it will fix everything. I dunno if its my unified MS Account to blame...
    oblivionnewtonjohn likes this.
    02-03-2016 11:18 PM
355 ... 678910 ...