Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 10586.71 is now available

Cosmyc

Sep 4, 2015
Visit site
I'm amazed.
On my little 520, for the very first time since 8.1, I can simultaneously listen streaming music, messaging sms + whatsapp and browsing Edge without any booooriiiing 30 secs loading screens passing from one to another !
I'm moved

W10M getting ready for 512MB phones? ;)
I see that on my 520 too, I'm even able to open a lot of native universal apps and multitasking between them instantly.

hacer619

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
After my Lumia 950 updated to build 71 this morning, I have experienced 5 automatic restarts and the Ringer activated and repeatedly looped about 1 second of its tune for about 20 seconds (there was no incoming phone call) while simultaneously making a loud screeching noise. I pressed the power button after it started since the touchscreen was not responding and it finally shut down. I just started it up again and it is fine...for now. I believe it is time for a Hard Reset.
Get an exorcist immediately!

dwlovell

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
No hassle update on my Lumia 735 international unlocked (the one that works on AT&T, not the Verizon one). Everything is faster and battery life is better. I haven't done any exhaustive testing of all the features, but mail/calendar/news/baconit apps are all more responsive. In particular, I use baconit to look at r/gifs and past builds were pretty slow to load and play gifs. Now every swipe had the next gif playing almost immediately. Definitely noticeable. I will also say, strangely, that when I had the phone on the DT-903 charger, it didn't seem to get as hot and seemed to charge faster.

daysofagun

Jan 8, 2016
Visit site
3 builds ago my Lumia 830 wasn't able to connect & now not even see my WiFi 5ghz network. WiFi 2.5ghz network has been quite slow. My router is Cisco DPC3848V and its configuration is just fine, my other devices are able to connect to 5ghz. It's so frustrating considering my Lumia was once able to connect to 5ghz and that I also have 120mbps internet connection :S Any solutions or insight??

BaritoneGuy

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
You need to be on the insider fast ring to get it. If you have done that and still no update you are likely on the build that cam with the phone which had an upgrade bug and required a hard reset to sort out.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Phone is still randomly rebooting on .71. Did it on the previous build, doing it here too.

I know, I know.. try a hard reset.

arcitekt

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
My Lumia 950XL on AT&T phone automatically updated to the .71 this morning. I am in the Fast Insider lane.
When I got to work, I could not connect to Wi-Fi internet. Had to reboot the phone a couple of times. The same happened last week with the Windows update on my Surface Book. Something must be going on the Wi-Fi card drivers.

My biggest issue, was hoping for the real world 4g LTE download speeds. Sorry to say, the phone seems to be stuck 3g land even when it reads LTE. Most speed tests under 2mb. So the inability to open web pages continues. Either all white or all black screens with no content.

I cannot say of the battery lasts longer yet, but that will be next.

arcitekt

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
I believe you have to open the Windows Insider app on your phone and join the Fast Ring everytime you check for an update. The phone reboots after you agree to the terms. Then go into the Windows updater again to get the new build.

njstol01

Dec 18, 2015
Visit site
BIG issue on my 640. Installed update this morning and notice most of my apps don't start! Maybe a brief flash of the app opening before returning to start screen. Tested uninstalling, then reinstalling an app - which worked only after power off phone to completely uninstall it. Hope I'm not going to have to do this for a couple dozen apps, and relearn My commutes. :straight:

xzb6np

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Finally got .71 in my AT&T 950. I had .36 and was not seeing any further insider updates. I did a hard reset and that did not help. So I used WDR to set it back to .29. After that it saw the updates once I installed the insiders app. So after 8 hours I'm upgraded to .71 with all my apps reinstalled, logged into, etc.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I've not installed .71 but since it's in the update setting and the phone knows there's an update, the battery has been depleting rapidly. I have to charge 2-3 times a day now. I can't install since I don't have wifi but in update settings it shows downloading updates at 0%

avengerxp

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Do we really need to hard reset our phones after getting a new build?

If you did a hard reset when you upgraded from 8.1 --> 10 then No.

After installing the update If you experience crashes, lags and unusual heating for atleast 2 days then try the hard reset.

karan25i

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
Not able to set Display brightness..there are no option to set value.screen took almost 70%. Battery.hard reset 4 times.but no luck.battery performance is bad may be because of brightness issue.facing this from last build.

dicks-webos

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
After updating now Whatsapp Beta will no longer update or work. It quits with error 0x8007139F and I am even unable to uninstall it. Any thoughts how to fix this are welcome, would really not want to hard reset.

Other than that I can say that .71 is a lot better on the 930 than .63. Even less screen flickering and the drain over night is 4% instead of 7-8%. UX seems snappier too.

Ultimate Insider

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
After updating now Whatsapp Beta will no longer update or work. It quits with error 0x8007139F and I am even unable to uninstall it. Any thoughts how to fix this are welcome, would really not want to hard reset.

Other than that I can say that .71 is a lot better on the 930 than .63. Even less screen flickering and the drain over night is 4% instead of 7-8%. UX seems snappier too.

Uam using .71 with L930 and whatsapp has been updated and it works fine!

justforsabbath

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
Updated my 640, I wouldn't quite say that it improved the battery life. However, the Outlook mail app had an issue of not syncing the sent items. It started working now. MetroTube somehow not able to hide the navigation when seeing video in full screen. Overall UI/UX further needs to be improved which I suppose they would only do it post the public launch.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb