Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 10586.71 is now available

Sep 24, 2015
Visit site
I didn't have a perfect install to .71 on my L635. The keyboard and some language settings jumped to french and I got the erronous data limit message. However I've never had a battery drain/heat issue. I'll likely wait for Windows 11 as 10 doesn't have all the features that 8.1 has.

oblivionnewtonjohn

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
In the same boat as the previous post. Worst build to date for me, I have been on them all since last summer.
Battery is sucked down, freezes, random reboots, alarm clock not going off etc.

I hope another build is coming down the pipeline.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
In the same boat as the previous post. Worst build to date for me, I have been on them all since last summer.
Battery is sucked down, freezes, random reboots, alarm clock not going off etc.

I hope another build is coming down the pipeline.

If you phone breaks last build, the better till now for the mosts, I guess next will not make miracle. After resolving Skype bug, battery goes better than previous. And multitaskin is ages better. Clean it and wait for Store to update aand sync all core apps.
Sincerely

oblivionnewtonjohn

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I performed hard reset, restored back to backup. Messaging+Skype seems to be the only battery drain offender on this build. Eats the crap out of my battery. Running all core apps up to date.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I performed hard reset, restored back to backup. Messaging+Skype seems to be the only battery drain offender on this build. Eats the crap out of my battery. Running all core apps up to date.

Enter Video Skype, Settings, Log out, Confirm. That's the only cure.
Skype is loggin in without any notice, damn them. I gain 30% battery life

akjm

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I have an unlocked 950XL, and have the same problem others are having getting past build .36. I was able to get .63 using WRT, but having to use WRT if I want to update, even though I don't restore from backup, is very frustrating!

Gavinr98

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Battery is worse in my Icon. Bluetooth synced with my car perfectly the first 3 or 4 times after installing .71, but now it's back to not working without manually clicking connect on the phone and car simultaneously.

Very frustrating, and not looking forward to yet another hard reset to try and make this work.

Having the same issue, got all exited that my bluetooth was working and now it is doing the same thing. Even after a reset is works for a few days and then goes back to the same problem.

GMC262

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
Finding that with my HTC M8 For Windows, the screen no longer rotates when I change the orientation from portrait to landscape and vice versa.

GMC262

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
"Finding that with my HTC M8 For Windows, the screen no longer rotates when I change the orientation from portrait to landscape and vice versa."

Just rebooted-screen rotation seems to work now.

Win10all

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
640xl lte ds: 1) calendar month view some times does not show event / tasks. year view does not have highlighted dates for scheduled task / event. 2) skype call phone does not work anymore. was working with previous version. 3) 3rd party apps some of them do not work anymore.

note, hard reset does not fix these issues

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
This thing with skype consuming a lot of battery
Does it happen whether you have used skype in the past or if you have never used? I've used skype twice only in the last 6 years and I have 10 contacts in skype who also seem to never use skype. So if I were signed but I've never used skype and data is off, would battery still drain?

avengerxp

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 640 LTE Dual Sim - 10586.71 - 2 days - feedback

Battery Life - 10/10 - the phone is back on it's normal behavior, no heat ups, lasts whole day and more with moderate usage of Fb messenger/whatsapp. messaging, calls, 3 email accounts syncing, Wifi at home 4G / 3G whole day at office.

Stability - 9/10 less hiccups and freezing. happened to me twice for the past 2 days. other than that this is stable as it can be for a beta software

responsiveness - 9/10 - much snappier and less bugs & lags. had an occasional resuming screen, where I just backed and launched the app

overall - this release is stable on the 640 (which was released with Windows 10 in mind and sports moderate hardware)

Hope all you guys will have (some of you are already having) a great time with it!

nailzer

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
640xl lte ds: 1) calendar month view some times does not show event / tasks. year view does not have highlighted dates for scheduled task / event. 2) skype call phone does not work anymore. was working with previous version. 3) 3rd party apps some of them do not work anymore.

note, hard reset does not fix these issues

Have you updated all these apps in the Store, after .71 there were heaps of updates from the Store needed, just FYI

oelapoel

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
does auto-brightness work on this build? it never worked up until 2 builds ago, and then i went back to 8.1.
can someone confirm? thnx (NL1520)

Win10all

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
Have you updated all these apps in the Store, after .71 there were heaps of updates from the Store needed, just FYI

yes, updated all of them total about 75 apps. before i report everything, i always check the store to make sure the phone is on the latest everything. by the way, skype sometimes work and sometime not when calling phones....

update again: Since i used 're-store' from backup after installation of the new .71. then updated all the apps from store. today, i have un-installed those problematic apps, then re-install them: fixed the above mentioned issues. so looks like the restore is not 100% ok sometimes.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo