Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 10586.71 is now available

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
This thing with skype consuming a lot of battery
Does it happen whether you have used skype in the past or if you have never used? I've used skype twice only in the last 6 years and I have 10 contacts in skype who also seem to never use skype. So if I were signed but I've never used skype and data is off, would battery still drain?

You have to log off VIDEO Skype, not Skype blue logo. That's the iussue I discovered. Video Skype is always logged till you off

mullern

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
I also just did a Hard reset. I will observe for 24...48 hours and come back. Indeed it does not look a favourable as I initally thought.
Today after a hard reset (no restore) and after logoff from Skype Video, battery seems considerable better. After 6 hours still 69 percent available. Usage similar as yesterday but much less consumption (among 1 hour radio through Edge). No random restarts, but getting the apps back was a nightmare :). Store also updated to 2015.25.24.0, App updates seem to work now (just had 3 pending).

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Maybe it's only me but I feel like my WiFi issues were fixed then broken with this latest update. Woke to up to my 950 XL again not being connected to WiFi because all 5ghz were no longer recognized. As usual a reboot fixed it.

dreamfly

Feb 13, 2012
Visit site
On my 920, edge is definitely faster...at least the wait time to scroll the page is less. The Alarm is late by about 2 minutes, snooze for 10 minutes became 15 minutes. Outlook reminders late about 2 minutes.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
On my 920, edge is definitely faster...at least the wait time to scroll the page is less. The Alarm is late by about 2 minutes, snooze for 10 minutes became 15 minutes. Outlook reminders late about 2 minutes.

As mentioned above, clear and set again all alarms and ringtones. Check clock too

augustaville

May 19, 2015
Visit site
Hi -

Is anybody having issues with their camera focusing? My Icon was fine yesterday morning and now cannot focus on anything. I have tried to manually focus and nothing is different. Just got done with a two hour hard reset and setup from scratch and have no difference. Did the hardware Bork itself somehow just sitting on my desk?

Jake52

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I've been having camera focusing problems for a while now with my AT&T L830. It doesn't happen all the time but most of the time when I open the camera app, the focus is stuck and it doesn't actually focus on anything. Everything is blurry and it doesn't want to auto focus. Even when I go into the manual focusing mode (using the controls at the top of the camera screen) and use the focus slider nothing happens. I'm thinking it's a hardware/firmware issue because other apps can't focus either, I'll try and scan a barcode using the Amazon app and everything is blurry and it wont focus.

The really strange thing is sometimes the camera does focus and I have no idea why it gets stuck and then sometimes works. Turning the phone off and then on doesn't seem to fix it, neither does a soft reset. It'll just randomly focus sometimes and it'll be stuck other times.

It's super frustrating and something that I hope will get fixed soon.

Skinshifter

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
I didn't tried any other build after the .29, but now it seems this one solved the overheat and battery life is a bit better. Despite these facts, I sense messaging apps are draining more than before, specially WhatsApp.

Skinshifter

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
I have ran every Insider build on my AT&T 1520 and never had either of those issues. My only problem has been WiFi disconnects occasionally that require a reboot to fix.

I didn't tried any other build after the .29, but now it seems this one solved the overheat and battery life is a bit better. Despite these facts, I sense messaging apps are draining more than before, specially WhatsApp.

Simoneale73#AC

May 23, 2014
Visit site
My 830 seems to be stuck on .36

I've done a hard reset, and it still says it's on the latest version! I don't want to roll it back to 8.1 again as that's a ball ache!! How do I use the WDR to get it to install .71 (or higher, by the time I get it to work!!)

Cheers.
Sim.

Rudiepoo1

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Did the .71 update when it first became available to the fast ring members and really had no new issues then as of today I noticed my glance screen stopped working. Now when I try to open glance screen in extras it keeps kicking me back out and won't open. I've tried a few soft resets but still the same issue. Anyone else seeing this issue?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss