Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 10586.71 is now available

Mike Jain

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Not at all, it is just a fad among some bloggers. I haven't done a hard reset since the first .586 build, if not earlier, and everything works fine on my phones.

fgaudet

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
I have not tried to revert back to 8.1 yet. But the focusing works sometimes which is really weird. If it was something completely mechanical that was broken then I would expect it to never work.

I hope it's something software related that can get fixed once and for all in a future update.

If it's somewhat broken, but not totally, it may still work sometimes. Case in point: the in call microphone on my 830 went dead recently, but was working for voice recorders etc. Found out a micro switch in the headphone jack stays stuck sometimes, thus trying to use the inline mic of the headphones... which are not plugged in. Taping the phone brings the mic back online, but not always.

fgaudet

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Ignore that... I'm a bellend!!! After all that fannying around I've found I'm looking at the wrong bit.. I was looking at the Firmware, which in my defence looks remarkably similar (in numbers) to the Software version!!! well it ends in .36 :cool:

Anyhew, I am running .71 :winktongue:
Please share your W10 experience on the 830. I've tried it 3 times in the past and had to revert to 8.1 everytime, I'm still not ready to jump aboard the W10 boat yet.
Main concerns were stability, bt not reliably connecting in car, crazy camera, crashing apps, resume resume resume...

congthanhgiong

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Please share your W10 experience on the 830. I've tried it 3 times in the past and had to revert to 8.1 everytime, I'm still not ready to jump aboard the W10 boat yet.
Main concerns were stability, bt not reliably connecting in car, crazy camera, crashing apps, resume resume resume...

I want to revert back to 8.1 but still love new livetile that fit 6" screen on my 1320. I have to reboot every day for many reasons, like enter a wrong pass for a wifi, it will search forever, and sometimes block you from accessing the wifi management. No way else but a reboot to fix this dumb.

One more thing is the top down scrolling stops working sometimes though I use the phone very lightly.

oblivionnewtonjohn

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Even with Skype video signed out, Messaging+ is eating my battery like crazy.
I did hard reset when I installed. Have very few apps selected for background.

This is the worst build to date for me. Hoping for a fix or back to 8.1 until 10 is fully ready.

benoitgphoto

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Updated my 640xl yesterday and then hard reset. Gmail account live tile badge notification is still broken...works good for other accounts. It worked great for a couple of hours but then stop refreshing correctly. Driving mode still does not switch off automatically when leaving the car when I also have my Band 2 connected to the phone. And Edge still crashes, freezes when scrolling down in a page, does not load pages and history windows remains visible after typing in the address bar. Actually Edge is quite poor. And battery life looks to have taken a hit on this build compared to .63 but I am not quite sure yet.

I understand this is a preview software and we agreed to live with bugs but this is a cumulative update to an OS pre installed on device they are selling now. This is quite disappointing. I came from iPhone ans I was amazed by WP 8.1 and hot stable it was but I can't see any improvement on stability on W10M for the last 2 months and things that were working great are now again broken. I am pulling the plug...just ordered a Nexus 6P...sadly

Ok...few days later. The Gmail account live tile notification was fixed by reverting back to 8.1 and then upgrading to .71 from there...not sure why since I performed a hard reset after the first update.

Driving mode still does not switch off automatically when I also have my Band connected to the phone and Edge still freezes when slowly scrolling down through a page. AND yes, battery life is exceptionally worst on that build (actually the worst battery life I got since last october). I am getting 25% less battery life which represents roughly 10 hours less.

Rugish Dapeca

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
Even with Skype video signed out, Messaging+ is eating my battery like crazy.
I did hard reset when I installed. Have very few apps selected for background.

This is the worst build to date for me. Hoping for a fix or back to 8.1 until 10 is fully ready.

Skype Video can kill your battery fast if you don't sign out of it when not using it.

Messaging will eat it's way through your battery and data plan with its message sync option. Turn the sync option off and your usage should return to normal.

hardywang

May 15, 2012
Visit site
Skype Video can kill your battery fast if you don't sign out of it when not using it.

I never sign out my Skype and Skype video, I keep them running in background. It appears that it works just fine. My screen display consumes about 70% of my battery even I have the brightness to 40% to 50%.

benoitgphoto

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
I never sign out my Skype and Skype video, I keep them running in background. It appears that it works just fine. My screen display consumes about 70% of my battery even I have the brightness to 40% to 50%.

For me the culprit is Edge with 60% of the battery usage which is almost twice as it uses to be in the previous builds. I switched off the sync option in Edge and will see if it is improving. One thing I noticed in this build is that there is no option to allow Edge to run or not in the background...

Devansh8487

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
I'm having issues regarding accent colors .. I'm not finding the blue color in the palette.. Instead I'm getting excess of green .. I'm missing the original blue accent color .. Is there anything there to get it back?

Deanig_12

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Hope micrsoft release the official and soo i really want to use my wondows phone but with the contants things nout working lagg and notifications not workin cmon!!

tbase

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
Installed .71 last Friday on my 1520 and i gotta say everything has improved but the battery life im getting is just worse, reverting back to wp8.1 as we speak

deepak12345

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Does this build have the 4g option? Asking cause i want to uodate my 930 to the build and its downloading windows 10 now. Ive have a 625 running the bulds since last year and it still doesnt have 4g option. Anyone facing no 4g option in 930?

morgan_emmett

Feb 8, 2016
Visit site
I'm on .71 using a Lumia 640, mostly fine (very little Screen reloading messages now and once skype video + skype messaging is logged out, battery usage seems great). However, there is one annoying bug that I haven't seen anywhere else. If I try to share a photo via Facebook then my post keeps reposting again and again (& without the photo) to facebook. Anyone else experienced this or have a solution?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo