Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 10586.71 is now available

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Does this build have the 4g option? Asking cause i want to uodate my 930 to the build and its downloading windows 10 now. Ive have a 625 running the bulds since last year and it still doesnt have 4g option. Anyone facing no 4g option in 930?

Yes it does. The omission of that would drive even the hardcore fan away!! 5ghz router band is still there as well

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Wifi issues still persist for me. Loses 5ghz connectivity randomly.

XL still randomly reboots about 5 - 10 times a week. Multiple hard resets done with no difference.

blahism

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I just got a text from ATT about using 7gb of my 8gb family share.. i have a feeling the data leak is still a problem because i never use that much..

fgaudet

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
I have the same issue. I own a Lumia 950. Pretty stressful actually. Especially when I need to capture those precious moments and the camera doesn't focus or it'll stall.. :/

It *could* be a software/firmware issue, I recall the camera app being very finicky and prone to crash last time I tried W10. Would try to get some quick shots to capture a moment, aaaaaand camera crashes - NO PICS FOR YOU!
Unfortunately, you don't have the option to revert to W8.1 on the 950 to test if it's indeed a software/firmware issue, but you could try other camera apps; that may confirm if it' s just the camera app that's buggy. If it's a the OS/firmware level, then you're just out of luck... :(

fgaudet

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Lumia 640 LTE Dual Sim - 10586.71 - 2 days - feedback
>snip....<
overall - this release is stable on the 640 (which was released with Windows 10 in mind and sports moderate hardware)

Other than battery/camera/on board storage, does anyone know if or how the 640 is different than the 830 ?

What makes it "released with Windows 10 in mind" that the 830 would be missing ?

fgaudet

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
WM10 runs perfectly fine on my L830 without any problems .

Good to hear - did you do a hard reset or anything specific?

No reboots/resume resume resume/bad wifi/bad Bluetooth?
Camera works as it should and fast?

I'm still going to wait a few builds before I consider jumping back into W10.
I only have one phone and I need it to "just work" - W8.1, although not as pretty, fulfill this very well so far.

scd147

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
Other than battery/camera/on board storage, does anyone know if or how the 640 is different than the 830 ?

What makes it "released with Windows 10 in mind" that the 830 would be missing ?

Never gotten a firm answer on that, however, from what I can tell the main differences are just what you said, battery and camera. I was told it also has nicer screen, (pretty much the same res, though), and ofcourse the more and more rare dedicated camera button. Basically difference has less to do with the brains than what the body. I know this about the brains because I have a 640: the Snapdragon 400 w/ 1GB of ram runs Windows 10 Mobile 10586.29 very handily in most cases, bugs and stuff aside.

cliac

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I first upgraded to .71 from .63 on my L1020. It was okay but mobile hotspot kept dropping after the system locked.

Later I went back to WP8.1 and wanted to stay with it since I like the camera app and Internet Sharing works fine. However, I can't make my company email work with WP8.1. We are using Office 365 but the email won't sync - kept telling that security policy cannot be applied.

Reinstalled Insider app and upgraded to WM10 .71. Everything seems worse than previous upgrade (from .63). Battery drain is horrible. Mobile hotspot still drops. Hard reset won't fix any of those...

:angry:

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I first upgraded to .71 from .63 on my L1020. It was okay but mobile hotspot kept dropping after the system locked.

Later I went back to WP8.1 and wanted to stay with it since I like the camera app and Internet Sharing works fine. However, I can't make my company email work with WP8.1. We are using Office 365 but the email won't sync - kept telling that security policy cannot be applied.

Reinstalled Insider app and upgraded to WM10 .71. Everything seems worse than previous upgrade (from .63). Battery drain is horrible. Mobile hotspot still drops. Hard reset won't fix any of those...

:angry:

The 100th time :) read forum about resolving battery drain. First of all, logout Video Skype....... ;)

cliac

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
The 100th time :) read forum about resolving battery drain. First of all, logout Video Skype....... ;)

Sorry if I missed it from previous posts. I will give it a try. I feel the drain occurs when running apps such as MS Edge. if nothing is running, the battery holds well.

chasvs

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
Connected to my MB ML350 Bluetooth and it will randomly indicate NO SERVICE on the MB Display and then my Lumia Icon will reboot and reconnect to the MB. Did this several times on the way to work today which is a trip of 45 minutes or so. Never had this kind of connection issue before.

benoitgphoto

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Sorry if I missed it from previous posts. I will give it a try. I feel the drain occurs when running apps such as MS Edge. if nothing is running, the battery holds well.

For me...logging out of Skype Video did nothing. Still much more drain than usual on that build.

cliac

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
For me...logging out of Skype Video did nothing. Still much more drain than usual on that build.
it's pretty much the same for me as well. played sms and so on for about 1 hour, battery dropped from >80% to <30%. just recharging the phone. will report back after a little long time.

hardywang

May 15, 2012
Visit site
it's pretty much the same for me as well. played sms and so on for about 1 hour, battery dropped from >80% to <30%. just recharging the phone. will report back after a little long time.

That's the reason I hold the upgrade to see feedback first. There are somebody claimed most people are happy with this build, but from what I see battery drain is the main issue. I am running .36 and the battery can last 13-14 hours easily, I don't disable Skype at all.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss