Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 10586.71 is now available

benoitgphoto

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
My first estimation was about 20% less battery but it is more than that...would say the battery drains about 35-40% faster on that build. Never experienced that much drain on any build since last october. I am sure the culprit is Edge and there is no way (on that build) to prevent it to run in the background. Can't believe this build went to slow ring.

Kumar Gaurav

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone.
I have noticed some new and old bugs in this build.

NEW BUGS
1. Since the recent insider update .71 the music playback in 3rd party apps is having an issue. If the screen is locked, the next song won't play automatically. It gets stuck at 00:00 and as soon as I unlock the phone it starts playing.I tried the same on groove music and its working fine. Only the 3rd party music apps are having the issue. I am using core music player and loco music player. I have tried soft reset and reinstalling the apps which doesn't fix the issue. If this issue is with the current build then hard reset won't help.
Anyone else having the same issue?

2. The ringer option in volume bar is having a bug when earphone is plugged in.

I plugged in my earphones and pressed "ringer on" option.
wp_ss_20160209_0001.png

But after removing the earphones and re-inserting them, the setting gets reverted back to "ringer off".

wp_ss_20160209_0002.png

For some reason its not saving the setting.

OLD BUG
3. The brightness button in Action Centre has been buggy since the first windows 10 mobile insider build. After Automatic it goes to either Medium or High instead of Low(It still shows Low on the button though). I have to go to the settings page and change the brightness to either medium or high first and then select low again. Then it works.
I have told this in feedback also but this has still not been fixed after so many builds.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I haven't charged my phone in over a day. Yesterday I checked facebook 3-4 times on UC browser, checked whatsapp, synced emails twice a day and made a few calls. Also checked 6tag.

This morning the same arrangement, checked emails, facebook. whatsapp, uploaded 3 photos to 6tag on LTE, and made a few calls.

Now battery is at 48%. I haven't checked the 6tag feed as I know that uses a lot of battery.

This is lumia 1020, 10586.71, it's been over 28 hours and counting. All of this is on either 2G or LTE

AstraZ20LET

Feb 9, 2016
Visit site
Hi there,
I?m using slow ring W10 after BLUESCREEN on my L930 since last week. Thankful, the hard reset recovered all app and settings on my phone so far. EXCEPT the damn whatsapp. I guess, as there is no SD card reader, the app can not create a backup (and this is actually the only reason I might have a look at the L950).. And now, to me it seems also the W10 mobile does still not offer a backup possibility per cloud - as "whatsapp" does not appear in the backup app list.

Sorry for OT :sweaty:
about Build .71:

Works fine so far, but beside the "no-whatsapp-backup", I still have the same problem with WhatsApp:
It looses the ringtone setting.
Anyone else also met this?
Not sure, why and when it happens, but from time to time i get no more notification by sound as expected, and all time I check the settings: "none" is selected. With new build it happens again within the first hours of usage :unhappy:
Never met that problem with WP8.1

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Hi there,
I?m using slow ring W10 after BLUESCREEN on my L930 since last week. Thankful, the hard reset recovered all app and settings on my phone so far. EXCEPT the damn whatsapp. I guess, as there is no SD card reader, the app can not create a backup (and this is actually the only reason I might have a look at the L950).. And now, to me it seems also the W10 mobile does still not offer a backup possibility per cloud - as "whatsapp" does not appear in the backup app list.

Sorry for OT :sweaty:
about Build .71:

Works fine so far, but beside the "no-whatsapp-backup", I still have the same problem with WhatsApp:
It looses the ringtone setting.
Anyone else also met this?
Not sure, why and when it happens, but from time to time i get no more notification by sound as expected, and all time I check the settings: "none" is selected. With new build it happens again within the first hours of usage :unhappy:
Never met that problem with WP8.1

Whatsapp and ofthen Clock and Alarms. Simply re-set again you settings , alarms and tones. After every update, Whatsapp starts from scratch and need number check, backup chat loading, and setup .
Check notification policy in Lock Screen too

AstraZ20LET

Feb 9, 2016
Visit site
Whatsapp and ofthen Clock and Alarms. Simply re-set again you settings , alarms and tones. After every update, Whatsapp starts from scratch and need number check, backup chat loading, and setup .
Check notification policy in Lock Screen too
Thanks- Clock and alarm settings are overtaken from WP8.1 - but it does not really wake me up.. I heard it ringing for only some seconds. I may re-try with Whatsapp sound and report. But with previous build, it happened without any update :(

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Thanks- Clock and alarm settings are overtaken from WP8.1 - but it does not really wake me up.. I heard it ringing for only some seconds. I may re-try with Whatsapp sound and report. But with previous build, it happened without any update :(

Delete and set you alarms again, tone included (on very first time, default means nothing)

deepak12345

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
This build actually increases the performance of the phone overall on benchmark apps. Eventhough the score for system is a little lower than 8.1 because of bugs. My acore on 8.1 was 1056 for lumia 930 now it is 1127 *basemar os ii 2.0

Naz K

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
How about the sound when recording videos, is it working now? I rolled back to 8.1 because of this issue, I wonder how it is now...

deepak12345

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
How about the sound when recording videos, is it working now? I rolled back to 8.1 because of this issue, I wonder how it is now...
It still records in mono. I had repaired the mics before updating to the preview so i have audio but just from one side.

Catalin Vlad

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
It did update goes wrong and whats up not only displays contacts recognizes phone numbers and Skype do crash. Lumia 640 update from 8.1 to 10586.71

Naz K

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
I have no problem with sound recording on 8.1, so my microphones are working. Maybe they will also work on 10, if yours do (well, one does)...

MarineDawg

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone tried connecting their Xbox 360 via mobile hotspot and connect to XBL? Every build prior to .71 doesn't permit that connection, can anyone verify this is still the case?

peixe2

Feb 9, 2016
Visit site
Is there still lag when sliding to the app list? I swear that's one thing that is bugging me since the beginning of W10M, theres always a little bit of delay when sliding. Is it finally fixed?

Sherif Hafez

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site
Good to hear - did you do a hard reset or anything specific?

No reboots/resume resume resume/bad wifi/bad Bluetooth?
Camera works as it should and fast?

I'm still going to wait a few builds before I consider jumping back into W10.
I only have one phone and I need it to "just work" - W8.1, although not as pretty, fulfill this very well so far.

I always hard reset after new build installation.

Ian Legarda

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
Other than battery/camera/on board storage, does anyone know if or how the 640 is different than the 830 ?

Late to the party here but I have both. There are quite a few threads that answer this question but to sum it up (aside from what you already mentioned):

650 has:
- a nicer screen
- 4G LTE on TMO USA

830 has:
- Qi wireless charging
- a nicer build

Of course, there are different variants of the 830 so the 4G thing can be moot. But screen wise, I still think the 640 looks better.

More on topic, so far this build has been stable for me for both phones. Cant really comment on battery life since my sim keeps moving around between those two and my Note 4.

morgan_emmett

Feb 8, 2016
Visit site
I had really bad battery drain when I first upgraded to .63 (now on .71). I can see a lot of people saying log out of skype or skype video. Can I just add that you need to go into messaging -> settings and log out of skype there (the integrated messaging). Using the actual Skype app from Windows Store on your phone works fine without major battery drain.

On. 71 (lumia 640) with messaging integrated Skype logged out, I talk on the phone at least 60 minutes a day, browse on Edge, have several email accounts (syncing every 15 minutes), skype logged in all day plus whatsapp/viber usage and play a few games in the evening (wordament mainly which in fairness isn't exactly graphically challenging for the phone). I also have bluetooth and location services always on (occasionally playing a pod cast while driving). My battery is rarely below 30% going to bed.

Now if I could just figure out why my phone is repeatedly reposting any post upload I make to Facebook from my phone I'd be reasonably happy. (I've given up on hoping for SkyGo and SnapChat, sometimes you have to just move on...)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05