Skype Video and Camera issues

The Extreme G

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
How I get Skype Video to work properly every time on my 920:

When you hard reset the phone (or upgrade to W10M) sign into Skype Video BEFORE the app gets updated. The camera should work. Remain signed in as you update the app and the camera should continue to work properly from then on. Signing in and out shouldn't be an issue afterwards either.

TrickyDee42

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site

When you hard reset the phone (or upgrade to W10M) sign into Skype Video BEFORE the app gets updated. The camera should work. Remain signed in as you update the app and the camera should continue to work properly from then on. Signing in and out shouldn't be an issue afterwards either.

Interesting, could be worth a try.

prasadm

Apr 11, 2016
Visit site

Amazingly this works for me. Thanks. I am now on the official .218 build.. Oh the quirks we have to go through to get the little phone working properly..:winktongue:

TrickyDee42

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site

First hard reset for a while, and tried the log in before skype updates fix..........IT WORKS!!!.......

Huge thankyou.

prasadm

Apr 11, 2016
Visit site
I escaped this problem for a while and yesterday MS decided that I needed the 14393.5 and updated it. This fault is back with a vengeance ::devil:. The issue is now I do not have a skype video app to login to. Only option is to uninstall skype preview app, but then I cannot use skype any more. Does anyone know will there be a solution or workaround

Not sure if MS will have a solution to this in my lifetime or Windows10 lifetime, whichever comes first.

If not, I could think of getting a new android phone.. Surely it is not over the top to expect the basic stuff that comes with the phones to work:crying::crying:

skynet1511

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Yes same issues here on 925.
With any latest Redstone build there is no way to get camera working fine with Skype....
So now the option is to live with Skype with no camera. Also the old Skype app has been just retired from MS. In any case if you have it still installed it will stop working soon due to migrating of Skype platform from P2P to the cloud. So.. in 2017 only voice calls! Nice evolution! Thank you MS!
Or, instead, a new phone possibly with another OS.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)