Update Windows 10 mobile?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Update Windows 10 mobile

I am trying to update my WindowsPhone to Windows 10 Mobile with Windows Insider APP, but I don't have success ... I receive error about date / time / Network error.
I made a rollback to factory default, I did only Windows Insider app installation, but the same error continued
I have a Microsoft Lumia 640

Somebody can help?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: Update Windows 10 mobile

I am trying to update my WindowsPhone to Windows 10 Mobile with Windows Insider APP, but I don't have success ... I receive error about date / time / Network error.
I made a rollback to factory default, I did only Windows Insider app installation, but the same error continued
I have a Microsoft Lumia 640

Somebody can help?

You might want to get some time and wifi for this

1. Reset your phone back to factory OS.
2. Sign in, sync your messages, contacts
3. Install insider app
4. check all your region, language and time settings. Very important
5. Go to insider app, select fast or slow ring whichever you want
6. Once insider tells you to restart, disable wifi and then restart
7. After restart, check time, timezone and region settings. Do this before connecting to wifi
8. once time and regions settings are okay, go to updates and begin downloading and installation.

Important, between installation steps, make sure time and region settings don't change randomly

peter leung 10586

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site

You might want to get some time and wifi for this

1. Reset your phone back to factory OS.
2. Sign in, sync your messages, contacts
3. Install insider app
4. check all your region, language and time settings. Very important
5. Go to insider app, select fast or slow ring whichever you want
6. Once insider tells you to restart, disable wifi and then restart
7. After restart, check time, timezone and region settings. Do this before connecting to wifi
8. once time and regions settings are okay, go to updates and begin downloading and installation.

Important, between installation steps, make sure time and region settings don't change randomly
there is no need to bother the time and date. mine have wrong time and time zone during the first time setup and the time and date are automatically synced and corrected after the initialization process.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

there is no need to bother the time and date. mine have wrong time and time zone during the first time setup and the time and date are automatically synced and corrected after the initialization process.

I beg to differ. The original poster said he had time/date error.
In my experiences, when my time zone randomly changes to Riyadh instead of Nairobi during the upgrade process, the update can't work until you hard reset

peter leung 10586

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site

I beg to differ. The original poster said he had time/date error.
In my experiences, when my time zone randomly changes to Riyadh instead of Nairobi during the upgrade process, the update can't work until you hard reset
I don't know what causes the difference. my win 10 mobile never changes time zone randomly. I bought it in hk and it is a hk variant. it's default language is Chinese and its default time zone is hk. during initial setup I changed it to united states (English) and its time zone became us / Canada and the time was not correct. i ignored those errors and finally the time and time zone settings automatically corrected by the system. since then, the time zone never changes.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

I don't know what causes the difference. my win 10 mobile never changes time zone randomly. I bought it in hk and it is a hk variant. it's default language is Chinese and its default time zone is hk. during initial setup I changed it to united states (English) and its time zone became us / Canada and the time was not correct. i ignored those errors and finally the time and time zone settings automatically corrected by the system. since then, the time zone never changes.

maybe they fixed it recently

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs