Battery iussue resolved

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I noticed Video Skype tries to auto log in silently, causing massive drain in background.
When you use Messages + skype, if you notice a switch "send text / send skype" means your video Skype (NOT the old Skype with blue logo) is still logged in.
Enter in Video Skype app, settings, log out, confirm.

EDIT: battery better up to 30%, a whole job day, it's a little step forward

Last edited:

Win10all

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
how to disable the message+skype? only just use sms or skype? but not together? i just disabled the message sync across devices. i have not setup skype for message yet, so i guess the skype for sms is not enabled?

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
how to disable the message+skype? only just use sms or skype? but not together? i just disabled the message sync across devices. i have not setup skype for message yet, so i guess the skype for sms is not enabled?

Enter VIDEO Skype, not Skype blue logo, settings, log out, confirm. It's the only way.
The confirm you are out is when you're typing sms, and you dont' have the switch box Send text / Send Skype anymore.
The App Messages + Skype merges the two services since some app updates ago.

mikepalma

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
I noticed Video Skype tries to auto log in silently, causing massive drain in background.
When you use Messages + skype, if you notice a switch "send text / send skype" means your video Skype (NOT the old Skype with blue logo) is still logged in.

If the auto long is the drain problem, if I am signed in, there should be no problem correct?

Also, under Battery Saver, the background usage shows almost zero. How did u determine 30% drain?

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
If the auto long is the drain problem, if I am signed in, there should be no problem correct?

Also, under Battery Saver, the background usage shows almost zero. How did u determine 30% drain?

Right, no problem correction. Skype IS the problem till now. I determine my better 30% in real daylight use before and after . Now It's just a whole office day.

drufranco

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site

Thank you, has worked for me on my Verizon 735. Much improved.

Win10all

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
just updated outlook and calendar this morning. but the event indicator on the month view is still no show. soft reset does not fix it. there is also no indicators at all for year show. anyone else have this problem?
640xl lte ds

StalaggtIKE

May 11, 2015
Visit site
just updated outlook and calendar this morning. but the event indicator on the month view is still no show. soft reset does not fix it. there is also no indicators at all for year show. anyone else have this problem?
640xl lte ds
Hmm...? I'm not quite sure what you're referring to, but this got the live tile to show the date for me.
  1. Click the "more options" icon
  2. Click "Manage Accounts"
  3. Select your email accounts
  4. It should prompt you to log back in.
You may have to unpin and pin again. Then you should be set!

Nokia930usr

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
640xl lte ds
Exactly > I have a Lumia 930 and updated outlook and calendar . I cannot scroll to the next month and doesn't show events etc .

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
UPDATE:

It seems Android and iOs official Facebook app still suffers the old 20% massive drain bug, so I guess the same on Windows mobile app.

I'll try uninstallin it

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo