Battery drain on 1511

bdchambers79

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Ever since the update last week, my phone's been drained to 40% or less by the time I leave work. This in spite of light usage, and it used to be around 60% at the same time of day.

Anyone else see this issue?

HTC one m8

bdchambers79

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I take it back; I'm about to leave work, and my phone is at 26%. This is ridiculous, considering how lightly I use my phone when I'm working.

Battery usage states that, in the last 24 hours, 71% of the power drain was the screen.

Mark F24

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
I am using ver. 1511 build 10586.71, HTC One M8 and yes I have seen a large increase in battery usage on this build. I use mine for about 6-8 hours of streaming audio using bluetooth headset, and after 11 to 12 hrs and I need to charge a bit for the phone to make it the rest of the day, with W8M it would go 16 hrs easy with 40%+ left, even "some" W10M builds have had decent battery life but most have been sub-par. This one is not a keeper for me.

What is really a red flag is the MS phones have battery issues from things I have read, that's not a good sign.

Doug_10

Jan 21, 2016
Visit site
I'm on ver 10586.71 on 2 Lumia 640's and the batteries were draining very fast (like less than a day). After a couple of days of this, and noticing the Mail & Calendar were the highest battery usage, I changed my 5 email accounts to only look for mail every 30 minutes instead of "as it arrives" and the batteries last for a couple of days now before I need to charge them.

Mark F24

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
Guaranty it isn't Skype video, I selected it and it says I am not signed in. I also changed the email sync setting just now, couldn't find them before.

I usually listen to Groove on my bluetooth headset, but today I listened to Pandora for 7 hours or so, had 5% left after like 11 hours. Battery usage shows 54% to Pandora, Messaging & Skype 12%, MS Edge 11%, five more less than 2% and the rest <1%, that is for the last 24 hours.

In use shows 40%, background 60%.

Tomorrow I'll try Groove again an see if it is near Pandora, I expect high 40's because it isn't much better.

My issue is that with some other W10M builds and W8.1 it would have 35-45% remaining at 16 to 17 hours use with 7 of those just like today streaming for a good amount of time. Oh, FYI I am on WiFi almost 95% of the time, I do occasionally go on road tests and then it would be on cell data, but it is not usually any significant amount of time.

I don't want to use W8.1 but I still have issues with Cortana too, that was better in W8.1. I am pretty sure the issue is the OS, not my use or the device.

drufranco

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Mine ended up being my Exchange account. (Could have been a combo with my Gmail too since I set that to check every 2 hours)
I set my Work email to check hourly and haven't had any issues as of late. Since I am at work and have Outlook open all day and I don't need to be nagged constantly after hours or on the weekend the hourly check works fine vs. based on my usage for now.
I changed and troubleshooted this after the latest mail and calendar update yesterday as well.

Microsoft Lumia 735 .71

Mark F24

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
Well, 11 hours and I am at 22%, a bit better but not good.

In battery use today (last 24 hours) in use 53% and background 47%.
Groove Music 42%
MS Edge 36%!!!!! I used Edge maybe 10 minutes today, and I am sure I closed all the tabs, besides I though I read this OS is designed to not close everything?

Dropped a call again too.

I think I'm going to simplify for a week and carry my Nexus 4 with Ubuntu, see if I can wean myself off streaming audio, maybe even carry my Razr V3xx for a while LOL!

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Well, 11 hours and I am at 22%, a bit better but not good.

In battery use today (last 24 hours) in use 53% and background 47%.
Groove Music 42%
MS Edge 36%!!!!! I used Edge maybe 10 minutes today, and I am sure I closed all the tabs, besides I though I read this OS is designed to not close everything?

Dropped a call again too.

I think I'm going to simplify for a week and carry my Nexus 4 with Ubuntu, see if I can wean myself off streaming audio, maybe even carry my Razr V3xx for a while LOL!

Did you disabled Edge for background use? Seems like you got open pages or cookies. Clean cache completely too

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99