03-09-2016 08:02 AM
345 ... 23456 ...
tools
    MMS group/images still not working after suddenly quit working in .71. I suppose a hard reset is in my future. :/

First time use of Groove was a disaster. Initially would not play any of my music. Later started working.
    Last edited by wpguy; 02-11-2016 at 12:51 PM. Reason: typo
    02-11-2016 10:37 AM
    Tried to download the update yesterday and got the blue frowny face of death. Lumia Icon
    First try soft reset key sequence. If nothing, hard reset key sequence
    02-11-2016 10:48 AM
    #4 Report Post

Well, it killed my SD card, the date has been removed from the lumia 640xl glance screen, phone is slower, still reboots randomly, photos will not load in photo app from onedrive, outlook calendar has been changed, you no longer have the option to switch to month view, to week , to day. In the process of restoring 86 apps back to my sd card. Fun stuff.

Microsoft is making it very easy for me to go back to android. w10m is a ******* mess. i cant belive they are selling lumia 950's with this horrid operating system. Windows phone 8.1 was perfect. They are killing windows phone.

Awesome update
    02-11-2016 10:59 AM
    #4 Report Post

Well, it killed my SD card, the date has been removed from the lumia 640xl glance screen, phone is slower, still reboots randomly, photos will not load in photo app from onedrive, outlook calendar has been changed, you no longer have the option to switch to month view, to week , to day. In the process of restoring 86 apps back to my sd card. Fun stuff.

Microsoft is making it very easy for me to go back to android. w10m is a ******* mess. i cant belive they are selling lumia 950's with this horrid operating system. Windows phone 8.1 was perfect. They are killing windows phone.

Awesome update
    The most unuseful comment till now. How you can say they killed your card? Did you checked it in a laptop sd reader? C'mon, !!!

PS Month, week, day view is still there, you have just to select it. Don't give MS culprit for something you aren't able to use...
    Geddeeee, teiva and Bobcat665 like this.
    02-11-2016 11:12 AM
    Hey...

I just got another 950XL since the one I originally got on release day (and ranted about in detail here several times) seemed overpriced, cheaply made (back cover), felt nothing like a flagship and was buggy as all get out.

The one I got here yesterday (for far, far less money than $700 after taxes), knowing what I know now, I simply took it out of it's box, plugged it into my PC, ran the Lumia recovery tool, and updated the firmware and OS that way before I so much as turned it on. Then on setup I restored my backup from Lumia 1520 / Win 10 .71

Doing it this way, the phone has been stable and seems to be slowly getting back my text messages (another touchy point for me - what the hell is wrong with just hitting BACKUP and then RESTORING them? From one drive, manually, so I know its fu****n working?? The backup+contacts app freezes and quits if you have many messages)

Anyway, since the phone seems stable and I have not seen too many bugs, should I bother going Fast insider with it or just wait for the releases?

Any help would be appreciated.
    Do not go for fast ring in 950xl, no improvements but battery life is worse than 10586.71.
    So you can get 10586.71 from slow ring.
    02-11-2016 11:13 AM
    No downloading/installing properly for me. Started the download, all ok, went back to check it about 5 mins later, no indication I ever started an update. Go back into settings, tap phone update and end up with the picture below, won't open "phone update", bar just goes grey. Phone is unresponsive to many touches but does eventually go back to the start screen, but update is not happening it would seem.

Attachment 122043

Now restarted the phone, and it says there was a problem downloading the updates, trying again now, download currently at 93%.

Will update this post with my progress.

Cogs now, about 60% of the way through.
    The insider configuration seems to messed up, It almost 2.5 GB of my DATA when the download said it was 806.60 MB only. :( because first it said there is configuration and build update , then it started downloading the update only, moment later i saw it was configuration too, it kept coming an going, so i thing it downloaded the updated more than once on my L 1520 :(
    02-11-2016 11:35 AM
    I must just be lucky? I installed yesterdays update successfully on my Lumia 1020, and my Lumia 950xl with no issues whatever. Both phones work fine.
    02-11-2016 11:44 AM
    @pandhersaab27

It doesn't even have .71 ... it has .29 as I never re-entered the preview, and my question was really asking if it was worth it. What do you think of it that way?
    02-11-2016 11:55 AM
    .107 installed cleanly with nothing required of me on both this 950xl, and my L1020.
    Maurizio Troso and Bobcat665 like this.
    02-11-2016 12:03 PM
    I've seen a noticeable improvement in battery life. This is the 1st time I can say that since being on Windows 10 Mobile.
    Maurizio Troso likes this.
    02-11-2016 12:15 PM
    I have an "older" device, a Lumia 1520 and have not had any these problems, all upgrades to Win 10 have gone smoothly and been remarkably bug free.☺
    That's simply because the 1520 is the KING of the W8.1 phones. Hands down. Still an amazing phone. And this is coming from a 950XL fan. (Sold the XL last night for the price of a new 950. I am caving into the desire for a Single Sim just to see if my theory of better LTE signal strength is true)
    02-11-2016 12:32 PM
    I've seen a noticeable improvement in battery life. This is the 1st time I can say that since being on Windows 10 Mobile.
    Me too.
    02-11-2016 12:32 PM
    I just realized that edge loads pages super fast. And things have been really zippy. I wish I could get the latest firmware to see if that combo is even better.
    Maurizio Troso and Pacific16 like this.
    02-11-2016 12:40 PM
    i am on Icon as well and alarm worked fine right after update.
    02-11-2016 12:50 PM
    Release the damn official already!!!!
    What are you talking about? Windows 10 was released last year. It was released as a Service which means there are continuous updates to improve the OS and UI. You are getting previews of the upcoming updates. If you want the Latest General User release get out of the Insider program.
    02-11-2016 12:57 PM
    Installed the update on my AT&T L830 last night. Took around 45 minutes and maybe drained 10% battery in the process. No noticeable issues so far. Battery life is very good today but then again I've had no major battery drain issues the past 3-4 builds. Looking forward to the next big non-cumulative build update and hopefully some new features!
    Bobcat665 likes this.
    02-11-2016 12:58 PM
    What are you talking about? Windows 10 was released last year. It was released as a Service which means there are continuous updates to improve the OS and UI. You are getting previews of the upcoming updates. If you want the Latest General User release get out of the Insider program.
    Don't feed the t**oll... and maybe report him ;)
    JohnStrk likes this.
    02-11-2016 01:01 PM
    Here 950, 950XL and 520 with .107, everything like a charm.
    amcluesent likes this.
    02-11-2016 01:16 PM
    Btw is der is no option to lock phone by password on lock screen in win 10 mobile?
    02-11-2016 01:23 PM
    Here 950, 950XL and 520 with .107, everything like a charm.
    Asking another user with more Lumias - Could you please try to make hotspot on one and connect to this hotspot from the other one of your Lumias? Doesn't work for me :-(

Thanks.
    02-11-2016 01:24 PM
    I've noticed a small difference in transitions as well. I am using a Lumia Icon, and the battery life improvement really has me excited. My battery has only drained from use so far, with it usually being about 5-10% less than what it is now. I almost don't want another build from here unless it improves the app list transparency issue and the keyboard being invisible on the lock screen (when there is a pin code).

Something weird to note: I am on the Release Preview (the new category) on the Insider app. I checked for updates after installing .107 yesterday and nothing. When I get into work this morning I get a notification that I need to restart my phone for an update to install. It turns out that, even though my phone said up-to-date yesterday with .107, this morning it installed the Configuration update. Weird...
    02-11-2016 01:25 PM
    I just realized that edge loads pages super fast. And things have been really zippy. I wish I could get the latest firmware to see if that combo is even better.
    Keep using Edge, you will see what happens.. Once tabs keep loading on background or some other BS, will stop loading pages, just like before.
    02-11-2016 01:30 PM
    I downloaded the latest update. Working fine for me. Nothing unusual. Happy with it because I know they are working on bug fixes.
    02-11-2016 01:38 PM
    Hey guys, so yesterday I decided it was time to finally upgrade to Windows 10 Mobile with my Lumia 640. I went for the Release Preview ring but got an error (it downloaded, but couldn't open). So I went for the Slow ring instead and successfully upgraded to .71. Today I switched to the Release Preview ring and checked for updates and now it downloads .107. Is this normal? I thought .107 is for the Fast ring only for now?
    02-11-2016 01:42 PM
    Hey...

I just got another 950XL since the one I originally got on release day (and ranted about in detail here several times) seemed overpriced, cheaply made (back cover), felt nothing like a flagship and was buggy as all get out.

The one I got here yesterday (for far, far less money than $700 after taxes), knowing what I know now, I simply took it out of it's box, plugged it into my PC, ran the Lumia recovery tool, and updated the firmware and OS that way before I so much as turned it on. Then on setup I restored my backup from Lumia 1520 / Win 10 .71

Doing it this way, the phone has been stable and seems to be slowly getting back my text messages (another touchy point for me - what the hell is wrong with just hitting BACKUP and then RESTORING them? From one drive, manually, so I know its fu****n working?? The backup+contacts app freezes and quits if you have many messages)

Anyway, since the phone seems stable and I have not seen too many bugs, should I bother going Fast insider with it or just wait for the releases?

Any help would be appreciated.
    After reading your post, I'd recommend that you do not go Fast Insider. I'd let others and myself be the guinea pigs.
    02-11-2016 01:47 PM
345 ... 23456 ...