Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 10586.107 available now

khail08

Jan 21, 2016
Visit site
Lumia 1520 here. Who has a battery life that lasts more than a day? My battery life is very poor: it only lasts about a day. In W8.1 my phone can last even up to 3 days.

snakebitten

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I don't know how many "days" my 1520's will go on a charge because all my phones get charged while I sleep, regardless.
But I will say that after 2.5-ish years of charge\discharge, surely battery life has diminished some amount? Not sure how to compare 8.1 to 10 since 8.1 enjoyed the prime of the battery's life. :)
Doesn't matter that much since it came with a GONZO battery to begin with. Still is compared to most phones.

sevoman

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
its 2016... and MS had both Android and iOS to use as an example for their OS. Why so many bugs? It's like a new car company building a car and then not including windshield wipers and promising to offer it in the next version. ummmmm hello? Didn't you look at other cars before setting out to create your own brand?

khail08

Jan 21, 2016
Visit site
I get 2 and a half on average on my 1520 since this last update.

I have to ask, what apps do you often use and how many times? I mainly use the Edge browser: using it intermittently throughout the day, at the most 30min. per use. I do the same thing in W8.1 yet the 1520 has enough juice to last up to two days - although yeah it uses IE instead of Edge. I really do not know what is causing the battery life drain - it's disappointing.

I am doing a reset. Somehow I feel like a fool doing the same thing expecting a different result the second time. Hope I am wrong. :p

benoitgphoto

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
- Edge is still major crap
- App list transparency bug still there
- Phone unlocks slow
- Much loading and resuming
- Can't use toggles when phone is locked..why??
- some apps have no icon in the app list
- workflow often doesn't work or really slow, especially in Edge
- still can't easily select parts of an url in edge

I think Edge will suck for a long time to come. I find its development really slow.

I agree. Edge is crap and not really better than IE on WP8.1. They have a very long way to go before being on par with Chrome or Safari on other platforms

khail08

Jan 21, 2016
Visit site
Ugh. I was thinking the same thing. So I assume that this battery drain will happen across all phones when using Edge. It's borderline useless.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I have to ask, what apps do you often use and how many times? I mainly use the Edge browser: using it intermittently throughout the day, at the most 30min. per use. I do the same thing in W8.1 yet the 1520 has enough juice to last up to two days - although yeah it uses IE instead of Edge. I really do not know what is causing the battery life drain - it's disappointing.

I am doing a reset. Somehow I feel like a fool doing the same thing expecting a different result the second time. Hope I am wrong. :p

I don't play major games. Just a few time wasters. This or That, Red Herring and King Oddball to pass the time. I use Edge browser. Some facebook, Twitter, Flipboard, phone calls and texting. Of course Cortana. Not much video although I do catch one on occasion. I couldn't get this prior to this last build though.

marcox92

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Nothing new about the last 950 XL firmware announced last week ? did nt see any first byte of it until now, despite trying all options of insider's menu !

mnsiw

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Updated my L535 to this build, so far working good, green screen problem in videos is still there, no new feature, waiting for 'text receiving' option on PC, Cortana can send text from Windows 10 desktop but cannot receive, seem something incomplete, send text from desktop and them pick up the phone to check reply :-s

mnsiw

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
I agree. Edge is crap and not really better than IE on WP8.1. They have a very long way to go before being on par with Chrome or Safari on other platforms

Didn't find any good stable browser on WM, on Android I use Firefox and Chrome but both are not available for WM, so using UC for now.

willowdc

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Took 30 minutes to download, an hour to install.
Lumia 1020,

Equaliser doesn't open and hasn't opened for a long time

Same problem though, but it only occurs when I am offline e.g. No internet connection when opening up Equalizer, after connecting to data or wifi ot will open up

willowdc

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
After resetting my Lumia 930 to 8.1 to the latest build and updated all the core apps:
-Lumia Motion Data still not working
-Finishing touches for several shots at a time will burn my phone for several minutes
-Groove = Flicker King
-Some bugs from the past build still are noticeable
-Battery life I could say is on par with Windows 8.1 since we've been using our phone for what? An over a year ago? Maybe two? The battery on any other phone with discharge/charge over a year will surely diminish as hell.

But overall an update is really nice since Microsoft are reported to lay-off a portion again from the mobile division.

adigawi

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site
Well, I couldn't wait any longer with my L640 (wp8.1) reading all the latest posts, so yesterday decided to upgrade again to w10m...
Last time I played with w10m when .29 update showed and wasn't impressed too much, after two days reverted back to 8.1 till now.
Woow- there's really a big progress since then. I must say that .107 update seems to be very close to the official release. I use my l640 mostly for work (daily driver) so don't play any games, just some fb, other social media, some news. But mainly office, email, phonecalls, calc, calendar, reminders, banking apps, cloud, camera, etc.
End all those apps runs smooth, without any issues. OK, there is still one thing that bothers me a bit and it's email attachment downloading time. When I want to download any file attached to email (private or work mailbox- NOT OUTLOOK) then it takes ages to download, and this problem exist since early beginning of the w10m.
Everything else works great for me at the moment.
And my update went really smooth,first I upgraded to .71, then full phone reset, fast ring again, download .107 update and that's it. I left everything for automatic update yesterday at night so my phone had a lot of time to settle all apps and today morning I woke up ready to work :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon