Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 10586.107 available now

Matt Dargis

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
#4 Report Post

Well, it killed my SD card, the date has been removed from the lumia 640xl glance screen, phone is slower, still reboots randomly, photos will not load in photo app from onedrive, outlook calendar has been changed, you no longer have the option to switch to month view, to week , to day. In the process of restoring 86 apps back to my sd card. Fun stuff.

Microsoft is making it very easy for me to go back to android. w10m is a ******* mess. i cant belive they are selling lumia 950's with this horrid operating system. Windows phone 8.1 was perfect. They are killing windows phone.

Awesome update
Update from earlier post, but yes. w10m is still an awful OS when compared to 8.1 update.

Fixed SD Card, still had to manually move apps back some apps back to SD. Date on glance screen finally updated today.

Still having issues with outlook calendar, try to delete a set reminder and the phone just black screens. Also, why does the large tile shrink and move the date when you have an appt. showing? Extremely annoying and also leaves the whole left right side of the tile blank. Edge browser is still hilariously slow. Still can not "shape type", MS's words mot mine, in the Edge browser, but can everywhere else. Weather and picture tile still is blank sometimes when returning to home screen. And apps like Xbox, store, photos, Onedrive, browser, are still excruciatingly slow compared to windows phone 8.1 update. And why do I have to wait to "resume" my start screen. Even Androids aren't this bad.

And the lack of being able to choose whether a tile is transparent or not is insane. When you choose full screen picture for the start screen, it honestly looks horrible. Either make them all transparent or don't. I mean it looks messy.

Oh, and now my phone will only slow charge now, and yes I am using my OG charger and have tried other chargers as well.

I am amazed they are actually letting consumers who bought the 950's or are going to get the 650 use this version of Windows phone. (10 and not 8.1 update).

It's like buying a new car and only to find out the A/C doesn't work at all, the wipers only work sometimes, the car randomly restarts on it's own. I am SO disappointed with what Windows is doing with w10m.

Sunstorming

May 23, 2015
Visit site
Update from earlier post, but yes. w10m is still an awful OS when compared to 8.1 update.

Fixed SD Card, still had to manually move apps back some apps back to SD. Date on glance screen finally updated today.

Still having issues with outlook calendar, try to delete a set reminder and the phone just black screens. Also, why does the large tile shrink and move the date when you have an appt. showing? Extremely annoying and also leaves the whole left right side of the tile blank. Edge browser is still hilariously slow. Still can not "shape type", MS's words mot mine, in the Edge browser, but can everywhere else. Weather and picture tile still is blank sometimes when returning to home screen. And apps like Xbox, store, photos, Onedrive, browser, are still excruciatingly slow compared to windows phone 8.1 update. And why do I have to wait to "resume" my start screen. Even Androids aren't this bad.

And the lack of being able to choose whether a tile is transparent or not is insane. When you choose full screen picture for the start screen, it honestly looks horrible. Either make them all transparent or don't. I mean it looks messy.

Oh, and now my phone will only slow charge now, and yes I am using my OG charger and have tried other chargers as well.

I am amazed they are actually letting consumers who bought the 950's or are going to get the 650 use this version of Windows phone. (10 and not 8.1 update).

It's like buying a new car and only to find out the A/C doesn't work at all, the wipers only work sometimes, the car randomly restarts on it's own. I am SO disappointed with what Windows is doing with w10m.

In it's defense, (1) it is not officially ready for your phone (2) you can always go back to 8.1

I was disappointed, massively, for a few months, but all seems well now on my 640, my 1520 and my 950XL . In fact I had it on a 830 which I got rid of a little ways back, and it was fine on that too. I just don't see the issues you see currently with many models of phone...

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
In it's defense, (1) it is not officially ready for your phone (2) you can always go back to 8.1

I was disappointed, massively, for a few months, but all seems well now on my 640, my 1520 and my 950XL . In fact I had it on a 830 which I got rid of a little ways back, and it was fine on that too. I just don't see the issues you see currently with many models of phone...

Like you, a couple of builds ago, I was beginning to wonder! It now works great on our 640's, my 1320 and the 1520. My 930 is a different matter, although it's not enough to put me off! I get occasional screen flicker, transitioning can leave a 'shadow' of the text. Apart from Cortana, I love it! I just cannot get her to work. I'm beginning to wonder if it's because my phone is carrier locked....

Dirigent82

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Had a random reboot this morning while using the Messaging app, right in the middle of typing. ATT L830 on latest insider build. Overall, things work okay, but the Messaging app is still awful. By far the weakest part of W10M IMHO. I've hard reset a couple times now, rolled back to 8.1 and reinstalled W10M and I still run into the problem of SMS/MMS messages often times being delayed being sent. It isn't as egregious since I reinstalled recently, but it can sometimes take a minute or longer for a message to be sent. I just don't get it. It makes me want to use 8.1, but I like too many things about W10M to roll back.

craig hodson

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
I want to up upgrade to wp10 using the insider app. Before I do can someone tell me, when I upgrade will it be the same build the public will get and wot happens after windows 10 is out, will my phone keep on updating?

Ask Sonnie

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Did anyone install from 8.1 with no reset?

I updated straight from 8.1, L1520 user here, and it was fast and trouble free update. Unfortunately, the messaging app is not working- not loading messages, can't receive and send text. I tried updating the messaging app, did a soft reset, tweaked the settings but nothing worked. I have no choice but to do hard reset.

Will keep you posted for other observation as I'm currently setting-up the phone from hard reset

ML10

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
I updated straight from 8.1, L1520 user here, and it was fast and trouble free update. Unfortunately, the messaging app is not working- not loading messages, can't receive and send text. I tried updating the messaging app, did a soft reset, tweaked the settings but nothing worked. I have no choice but to do hard reset.

Will keep you posted for other observation as I'm currently setting-up the phone from hard reset

Thank you!

snakebitten

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Setting up a brand new out of the box AT&T branded 950. (As many phones as I have setup for others, this is the first AT&T 950)
Came it 10.586.0 lol
And older firmware too.
So first thing is to let her catch up to APPS and FW.

Then I have to decide whether to load .107 and hard reset. Or hard reset then load 107. Or................
:)
I do know this already, I am getting one more bar of LTE than the 950XL's, from the same spot. It's early, but that is what I was expecting. Love the concept of Dual SIM, but not so happy with the performance compromise I think it necessitates.

PPCFreak

May 16, 2013
Visit site
anyone else see that from the action tiles, click and hold on bluetooth does not bring up bluetooth screen?
on Lumia Icon now (was on L928 previously with prior .71 and I know it was working with that build on that device).
did not try this before updating to .107 so cant say for sure if this is device specific.

wifi click and hold works just fine and brings you to the wifi screen, just dont have that same behavior with bluetooth now for some reason.

anyone else confirm same on there device?

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Spotted something bizarre with the live tile for the calendar, any appointments added didn't show up on the live tile, but did show up on "Simple Calendars" tile. I still haven't gotten to the bottom of this... Makes the built-in calendar app live tile a bit pointless!

anon(3463402)

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
OK, first thing i've noticed is that the stock flashlight from the shortcuts doesn't work ? anyone has the same issue? Here L640...
You probably tried it when phone connected to the charger or PC? Unfortunately it does not work in this situation, and I don't know why, but once disconnected Flashlight works like a charm.

anon(5334066)

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
anyone else see that from the action tiles, click and hold on bluetooth does not bring up bluetooth screen?
on Lumia Icon now (was on L928 previously with prior .71 and I know it was working with that build on that device).
did not try this before updating to .107 so cant say for sure if this is device specific.

wifi click and hold works just fine and brings you to the wifi screen, just dont have that same behavior with bluetooth now for some reason.

anyone else confirm same on there device?

Same here on Lumia Icon, been happening on .107 and at least the previous build as well. Hadn't tried to use it prior to that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster