The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
03-25-2016 09:12 PM
237 12345 ...
tools
    Ok it had already downloaded update packed data and it is already decompressing
    02-20-2016 10:21 AM
    So far the only issue I have is that MS Health now says "An unknown error occurred with your band" when trying to sync. The problem here is that I do not own a band and use the phones motion data to track my steps.

It was working yesterday prior to this update (with the latest MS Health update and live tile stats)

The installation and upgrade was smooth. It's quite nice to see the Data Usage tile actually update without having to open it.
    02-20-2016 11:26 AM
    Love live titles, but they drain lots of battery.
    02-20-2016 11:43 AM
    just updated in my 950xl. the update process is smooth. no error. no abnormal behavior. downloaded normally. installed normally.
    So far, the same, it was not even a very long process.
    02-20-2016 11:45 AM
    Love live titles, but they drain lots of battery.
    That's false. Live tiles are Windows Mobile homescreen sign of recognition from others since seven mobile :)
    O.S. was born with live tiles.. No impact on battery
    02-20-2016 11:49 AM
    Phone rebooting in this build. 2 reboots in 48 hours. Previous build was much more stable.
    02-20-2016 12:41 PM
    Since I couldn't escape it, I went ahead and did it. I don’t know how long it took, because I kicked it off before going out to spray weeds in the yard. It was done when I was finished (+/- 1 hours).

The only issue so far was the not waking up from Glance Screen issue. I set it to 15 minutes, and it seemed to work, then reset it back to 30 seconds, and it seems like it’s working now as well. I also have the black screen stutter/flash when opening the camera app.

I haven’t done too much with it yet since it completed, but it seems OK so far. Unlocked 950 dual sim.
    02-20-2016 01:03 PM
    Thanks for reminding me, but that's not the point. They released a build with something I'd argue is essential to a fluid "using the phone as a phone experience" when there was no need to because they just released a build a week ago. What was the point?
    This is a completely different branch. The first Redstone build for mobile. Everything prior was Threshold which will just get bug fixes and security updates.

If you don't understand what is going on then you probably shouldn't install this.
    Captain_Eric likes this.
    02-20-2016 01:16 PM
    Phone rebooting in this build. 2 reboots in 48 hours. Previous build was much more stable.
    Last build was release branch. This one is not.
    02-20-2016 01:18 PM
    Just another update...

Hard reset, wow this is smooth. Issues gone after reseting device (sucks, but meh, whatever)... I found everytime my device booted after installing the update, it was literally generating 60 Insider feedback dumps... lol

Either way, loving it now! :) Super smooth, fast...
    Yes I would do a hard reset with this one, you are updating from one branch to a new branch. this build is smooth, its fast. so if you experience problems with this build after install, DO THE HARD RESET.
    02-20-2016 02:18 PM
    Thanks for reminding me, but that's not the point. They released a build with something I'd argue is essential to a fluid "using the phone as a phone experience" when there was no need to because they just released a build a week ago. What was the point?
    If you've read anything Gabe has posted online lately, he clearly stated that they loosened the criteria for the Fast Ring builds. This include the possibility that essential features may have issues. There's a reason he gives those warnings and there's a reason this build was released to the Fast Ring, not the Slow Ring.
    Captain_Eric likes this.
    02-20-2016 02:37 PM
    @StephenWagner7, I am in Canada as well, with my Lumia 950 XL.
    I upgraded without issue. You are just impatient, I think. It took time, sure, but it was done successfully. I also got the pending apps, but wait a bit and now you can access them.

Anyway, I noticed that Edge got improved. What i mean, is that I used to have some forums that crashed when you did certain things like hit Enter in the reply box, which made the page reload. This has been fixed from what I can see. Page elements that didn't work, now works. So this is pretty cool.

Might have improved battery life from the last insider build, but this might be just a placebo effect, needs a few days to confirm.
    02-20-2016 02:44 PM
    Chiming in with my experiences so far, this build has run very well. The update process seemed about the same time as usual, but I did like the trimming down from displaying 23 steps to 10. It probably created the illusion that it took less time to migrate because it sure seemed to take less time.

Since the update has been done, everything seems just a bit smoother than the 10586.107 build. At the very least it seems just as stable and responsive. I actually only just started getting the "Resuming..." display when opening the messaging app from notifications in the Action Center on the .107 build, but that appears to not be happening anymore. It seems like there were a few UI tweaks done to the status bar at the top (most noticeable when opening the Windows Central Beta app on the previous build, then on the 14267 build). Prior it wasn't showing the network icons, vibrate, location, battery and time icons up there. It also made the status bar white in a few apps and places which leads me to believe they actually did make a few changes across the board with it. Unlock w/ PIN seems a little quicker too.

The .107 build created more consistent instances where the phone would run a little hot, that does not appear to be happening at all with this build however. No random restarts so far. Battery life seems just as consistent. I haven't really tested out any of the new features, but so far so good!
    Boris Lozac likes this.
    02-20-2016 02:47 PM
    Best build to date for me, other than the camera blink it's all good. Can't wait for more Redstone builds

Lumia 950
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    02-20-2016 03:27 PM
    @StephenWagner7, I am in Canada as well, with my Lumia 950 XL.
    I upgraded without issue. You are just impatient, I think. It took time, sure, but it was done successfully. I also got the pending apps, but wait a bit and now you can access them.

Anyway, I noticed that Edge got improved. What i mean, is that I used to have some forums that crashed when you did certain things like hit Enter in the reply box, which made the page reload. This has been fixed from what I can see. Page elements that didn't work, now works. So this is pretty cool.

Might have improved battery life from the last insider build, but this might be just a placebo effect, needs a few days to confirm.
    Actually I wasn't impatient... There are numerous bugs and issues. The apps weren't installing. Typically this completes on a update on a fast internet connection within 20 minutes. Nothing was budging after hours...

A Hard reset fixed the issues, and app installation completed with normal times.
    02-20-2016 03:41 PM
    Actually I wasn't impatient... There are numerous bugs and issues. The apps weren't installing. Typically this completes on a update on a fast internet connection within 20 minutes. Nothing was budging after hours...

A Hard reset fixed the issues, and app installation completed with normal times.
    Oh ok.
    02-20-2016 03:43 PM
    Oh ok.
    I'm literally finding tons of stuff wrong, lol. I just decided that if I kept posting, I'd almost be spamming... I've just been filling out the feedback app, providing screenshots and data dumps on all the issues.

This is definitely a build for testing, dump submission, and not for average daily use, lol... (Keep in mind, it is usable for normal "phone tasks", just all the fun funky stuff we have isn't working as well as it should be, lol) :)
    02-20-2016 05:14 PM
    So far my phone freezes periodically and the screen flickers when scrolling photos while zoomed in.
    02-20-2016 05:56 PM
    I have problem with flickering screen since I put Win10 Preview. Never happened to me before, now it flickers once in a while, like display is losing contact or like when you call someone and put phone face down or on ear so screen turn off for that period of time.
    02-20-2016 05:59 PM
    UPDATE: Nevermind.. A couple of soft resets fixed it.. Lol..

Who has problems with the Store app after upgrade? It doesn't load apps, DL apps, or even go to settings.. It just freezes then crashes.. Never had this in previous builds.. Any thoughts? And, I can't open W10 app for windowscentral.. Crashes when trying to open it.. Now using tge W8.1 app..
    Last edited by thetanian; 02-20-2016 at 07:09 PM.
    02-20-2016 06:34 PM
    It fix WordFlow in Edge but breaks the Gadgets app. I can't connect to my DT-903 wireless charger and car audio to transfer contact anymore. I did a hard reset and it's still the same. I guess I will use WDRT to roll back :-(
    02-20-2016 07:19 PM
    Soft resets did not help. I ended up doing a hard reset. After the reset I did a restore of my back ups, then re-entered the Windows Insider Fast ring. After one initial update the 14267 update appeared. It DL'd and installed and when I selected Restart there was no error this time. The phone is currently in reboot/gears turning mode so we shall see....

....and it worked!
    Last edited by signal-2-noise; 02-20-2016 at 09:05 PM. Reason: Update
    02-20-2016 07:54 PM
    I don't like win cent new layout 😩
    02-20-2016 08:03 PM
    Lumia 550. Battery can't be charged. Phone is dead, connected to charger, charge for a while up to 3%, turns on by itself than discharge and the loop continues. It charges while off but keep switching on.
    There is a fix (or workaround) for this on wmpoweruser. Sounds like an issue with that firmware on the 550.
    02-20-2016 09:04 PM
    It fix WordFlow in Edge but breaks the Gadgets app. I can't connect to my DT-903 wireless charger and car audio to transfer contact anymore. I did a hard reset and it's still the same. I guess I will use WDRT to roll back :-(
    None of these issues for me.
    02-20-2016 09:23 PM
237 12345 ...