W10M Insider Preview 14267 (Redstone branch - for devices released with W10M)

docteurvez

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
So far, so good. MUCH better with the new firmware and the release .1004
Edge, Photo, Messaging, Calendar, Word, Excel, everything is working perfectly and
the most important thing, no freeze yet. Wouhou !

To help you people, I attached the device info screenshot and a funny bug I have in the Edge settings. ;)

Will wait a couple of days to see if I'm really reassured with this release. ;)

View attachment 122940 View attachment 122938

Last edited:

ScubaDog

Banned
Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
They seriously broke Cortana in the last two builds. Cortana no longer announces incoming texts and doesn't give you an opportunity to reply. You can initiate texts, but all you get for incoming texts is the ringtone. They need to fix this fast.

zei20t

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
after me praising the latest build, i now have an issue where the phone gets very hot. pressing the power button doesnt turn on the screen and i have to soft reset it with VOL - and PWR. no idea what triggers is, but happened twice in the car yesterday with BT and wifi disabled. but didnt happen today when BT was enabled - wifi still disabled. hmm maybe ill play with that combo...........

other than that, it seems to be operating well.

mikepalma

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
after me praising the latest build, i now have an issue where the phone gets very hot. pressing the power button doesnt turn on the screen and i have to soft reset it with VOL - and PWR. no idea what triggers is, but happened twice in the car yesterday with BT and wifi disabled. but didnt happen today when BT was enabled - wifi still disabled. hmm maybe ill play with that combo...........

What phone are u on? Happens to me on 950xl

camptime

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Ok been running firmware version 2012 for a few days now on my 950 XL. This update has given the best performance boost to my phone and battery life is better. Only concern was my phone being unresponsive on the power button, that requiring a few soft resets and SD card error that required removal and scan on pc to repair. Thanks for the tip Maurizio. One other thing is the alarm not displaying the large cancel or sleep button in the in this firmware hopefully they correct it next update.

amcluesent

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
I've rolled my 950 back to the Threshold branch build .107. Found that when the Redstone-based build freezes on the glance screen, the phone doesn't ring on incoming calls.

Will consider again in a few months, but IMHO as of now this Redstone codebase is for hard-core testers and app devs only.

Robert Jurczyk

Jan 6, 2015
Visit site

i've got the same on my L1520...

amcluesent

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
Due to so many complaining about excessive heat on this newest Redstone mobile build,can anyone confirm no heat issues on .107?

Yes. My 950 has never got scorchio since I rolled back .107 on latest f/w

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I got the firmware update too for the single SIM 950XL and it is far better now. Especially in terms of not running so got or draining the battery.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Anyone having issues with Quiet Hours not turning on or off automatically in this build? I have to manually turn it on and off now. It seems Cortana forgets.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium