Redstone Branch preview on non-supported devices

Nicholas Ek

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
Originally posted by poopyfinger
Hope this doesn't mess with the feedback they receive for diagnostics. My guess is that's why only certain phones were allowed.

I'm pretty sure that the only reason for the delay is that older phones need recovery ROMs of the Current Branch (rs2).
Anyway, the OS is the same on all phones. This was an OS update without firmware, so no risks there.

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
By the way, they've yanked the build from the Lumia 550 temporarily so you'll have to impersonate something else. From Gabe's blog:
We are no longer offering this build to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring with Lumia 550s while we investigate an issue relating to the phone being unable to charge via USB. We have added additional information about this issue at the bottom of this post under known issues.
Windows Insiders with a Lumia 550 have reported an issue where their phone no longer charges or connects via USB after upgrading to Build 14267. We recommend restoring back to the Current Branch on your phone by using the Windows Device Recovery Tool to reinstall Windows 10 Mobile.

rayf888

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
your absolutely right...

Posted by lumia 730 user

Appearantly they forget about what happened with the WP 7.8 update, everyone use the hack to push the update onto their phone... And ended up making them all the devices un-upgradable... hahaha

But hey, when did Microsoft ever learn from the history anyway...

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
The new build is not acting well on my 640. The phone doesn't wake up from sleep sometimes and the system apps aren't updating properly. I guess it's time to roll back to 107.

Edit: I'm back to 107

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster