Cortana with latest update

Thomas Wadsworth

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Hi I'm using a Lumia 950 with the latest fast ring update.

Weird problem I've got is when I do a search it now opens up edge and does a search in Bing. I've tried turning off Cortana (running a search without Cortana does show the results within the Ui) turning back on Cortana doesn't improve the results

Anyone else having this problem ?

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
My Cortana will work, but I've got a weird issue where Cortana won't work through my Band 2 on this latest build. Similarly I can't get notifications synced to my band 2 now either...

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site

Weird problem I've got is when I do a search it now opens up edge and does a search in Bing. I've tried turning off Cortana (running a search without Cortana does show the results within the Ui) turning back on Cortana doesn't improve the results

I'm seeing the same thing on my 950 at the latest build.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I even tried resetting my band but it's like I can sync from my band but the band can't send info to Cortana right now. Wondering about telling back as I find this stuff very useful day to day.

mikeycl

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I've got something similar in that whenever I tap on the tile the program starts to open then crashes straight back to the start screen.

The same happens for edge and a couple of other built-in apps. I think my issue may be more to do with a messed up update install as I left it to auto restart overnight and it wouldn't switch on and was hot to hold in the morning.

I had to soft reset it at which point it booted and then went through the post install steps with all my apps afterwards.

Thought I'd post it in here in a semi related thread, to see if anyone has had similar experiences and if they had any ideas for a workaround, as I didn't want to fill the board with another post about the same thing.

If not I think got the first time since I got this phone (Lumia 950 for the record) I'll be doing a hard reset to factory defaults.

Unless of course a new build appears this week. (crosses fingers as well as every limb possible)

jeetu4444

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Cortana is a bit buggy....i have hey Cortana active but never responds in 1st try..i mean cortana come on but when asked anything it cant hear...after 2nd try it works fine...it needs more backend support...

erzhik

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Originally posted by Thomas Wadsworth

Yes, same problem after latest fast ring build. Really annoying actually.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Just today, I discovered that pressing and holding the search button doesn't bring up Cortana. This is annoying.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs