14267.1004 is crazily buggy

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I find the phone MUST come with a removable battery, I have a Nokia 520 besides the 950 XL,
and many occasions I had to remove the battery on the Nokia, because it froze and the was the
only way to power cycle the phone. I noticed the 950 XL freezes occasionally when I want to
check for OS updates. I also have a BLU WIN HD LTE, which is my main phone, running 8.1.
I'm glad I didn't use the BLU phone on the insider, I read there was a mistake in the build for it.
My BLU phone has assigned ringtones for friends and so far Windows 10 builds don't have
the option. With the 10 phone I have answered calls, that I should have not picked up, when
the sun light is so bright, I can't tell who is calling, and that caused the problem.

You DON'T need to remove battery.:asleep: Exists the SOFT RESET for that situations: hold vol down + power 10/15 secs till screen goes black, then release buttons and you'll feel a vibro. Then phone reboot

amcluesent

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
Yes, .1004 should only be considered if you are serious about testing W10 mobile. It's not a good build if you just fancied trying bleeding-edge features on a phone you rely on.

Fast insiders became used to improving reliability in the last of the Threshold builds up to .107, but with Redstone branch I'd expect early summer before the build's not all out of whack.

Last edited:

creanyo

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Hello, Does anyone got this problem?: Inprivate mode in edge doesnt work when using celullar data. this happened to me after this build update :(
Also got the already commented...the weird flutter when opening the camera :/
L950 XL

mkenyon2

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm on .1004 and it locks up a lot! The other day, it locked up on glance. Couldn't do anything, so I did a soft reset. This just turned the phone off. When I restarted, I set it down while it booted. When I picked it up, locked on Glance! I hadn't done anything! I soft reset again, and this time, logged in as soon as I could, and did a soft reset. Seemed to do the trick. It had been several weeks before .1004 where I didn't need a soft reset at all.

midnightfrolic

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
Found another issue. Notifications are not showing up as quickly as they should, if at all. I noticed my text messages were not coming up in notifications until I rebooted the phone.

Last edited:

akjm

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I installed this build last week, and it has worked pretty well for the most part. I did notice that Cortana doesn't read my text messages when connected via bluetooth to my car stereo any longer. I checked to make sure everything is setup, and for some reason it just doesn't work. Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

akjm

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Sheldon--You can set individual ringtones in Win10m. You simply open your contact, click on edit, then click on Ringtone to change it for that particular person. Individuals that do not have a specific ringtone setup on their contact will ring in with the phone ringtone.

jeetu4444

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Yeah after latest redstone update...my lumia 950 ds which gave me no problem at all...is locking up ...it locked up when i was using online radio...then it refused to wake up one day and i had to reboot by holding power button for 10 sec...well..dont wanna hard reset yet...will wait for next build....

andyqkw

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Yeah after latest redstone update...my lumia 950 ds which gave me no problem at all...is locking up ...it locked up when i was using online radio...then it refused to wake up one day and i had to reboot by holding power button for 10 sec...well..dont wanna hard reset yet...will wait for next build....

If you have a 2nd SIM card in your phone, remove it and it'll work like it should.

zei20t

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
OK, this morning, i got 'Loading.......' on the start screen. reboot; didnt fix. soft reset; didnt fix. was about to hard reset and for some reason i rebooted again. and it came back. NO idea what caused it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos