How was 14267.1004 on 950xl ?

GF Wong

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Seeing following :
Microsoft health, giving OOPS, error with band, I do not have a band.
IRIS not working randomly. So is auto brightness.
heating is still a baddass problem.

To solve MS Health band error:
Go to settings>privacy>motion. Turn off motion data. Restart. Go to MS Health>hamburger menu>my phone and enable motion settings. Should solves the band error problem.

NYCMetsPDX

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
Band 2 notifications work fine for me.

Thanks all, with a factory reset of band and re-install of apps all is working great for band (Sans cortans, but that was expected).

Headphone jack issue exists though where the volume isn't reset to the speaker after the jack is removed. Re-inserting a couple times solves the issue.

stephanejap

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Multiple issues on 950xl! It's like the OS is regressing in quality! From missed notifications to phone freezes to alarms not sounding in the morning to bluetooth not working in the car... This is by far one of the worse builds released in a long time! I really wish that MS would allow for a way to roll back to a previously stable installed build!

GF Wong

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Multiple issues on 950xl! It's like the OS is regressing in quality! From missed notifications to phone freezes to alarms not sounding in the morning to bluetooth not working in the car... This is by far one of the worse builds released in a long time! I really wish that MS would allow for a way to roll back to a previously stable installed build!

Did you switch back to production to get the latest firmware? (http://allaboutwindowsphone.com/flow/item/21230_Second_Lumia_950_and_950_XL_fi.php)

And there's way to roll back to production version (aka Threshold build .107) using Windows Device Recovery Tool (WDRT). Read this https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...singleTopic%26topic%3DFA142987&token=b8BMMvJe

stephanejap

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Did you switch back to production to get the latest firmware? (Second Lumia 950 and 950 XL firmware update now available)

And there's way to roll back to production version (aka Threshold build .107) using Windows Device Recovery Tool (WDRT). Read this FAQ - FAQ - How can I recover/reset/restore my phone software? - Microsoft - Malaysia

I did get the latest firmware and I was thinking of rolling back to a closer working stable build without having to go all the way back to production (ie directly to 10586)

TrueMetalGeek

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Gadgets still seems to be broke for me.
But I haven't relentlessly removed and paired things over and over to try to fix it either.
But I did repair all the devices since doing a clean reset and they still don't show in the gadgets app.

Bummer because that app was sweet when it worked.

vs6xfx

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
Broken alarm clock:

After update to OS 10.0.14267.1004 with FW 1078.38.16025.39005 the alarm clock is no longer working properly. Volume of alarm reduced to one third even media volume set to max. But preview the alarm sound is OK. Anyone have clue on this?

I need to revert back to 10586.107 to recover the proper volume level of the alarm.

iampwd

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Broken alarm clock:

After update to OS 10.0.14267.1004 with FW 1078.38.16025.39005 the alarm clock is no longer working properly. Volume of alarm reduced to one third even media volume set to max. But preview the alarm sound is OK. Anyone have clue on this?

I need to revert back to 10586.107 to recover the proper volume level of the alarm.

jenmsft wrote this on reddit:

"Yup - we changed the algorithm for alarm ringing a bit since we were getting a lot of requests for ramp up even though it was already supported, combined with reports that the alarms were too loud. Before, we used to start at 50% system volume and ramp up slowly from there, now we start at 10% system volume, but ramp up a bit faster :)
We're still refining the algorithm, so if you have any feedback, I'm all ears. There's a known issue right now that certain custom alarm tones might take too long to get loud enough"

Sent from mTalk

GF Wong

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
I did get the latest firmware and I was thinking of rolling back to a closer working stable build without having to go all the way back to production (ie directly to 10586)

Well you could check if WDRT will bring you back to 10586.107 (latest non-Redstone). If I'm not mistaken .107 is officially release to production. If not, you could go insider slow after that to get .107, though it's a bit tedious.

vs6xfx

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
jenmsft wrote this on reddit:

"Yup - we changed the algorithm for alarm ringing a bit since we were getting a lot of requests for ramp up even though it was already supported, combined with reports that the alarms were too loud. Before, we used to start at 50% system volume and ramp up slowly from there, now we start at 10% system volume, but ramp up a bit faster :)

We're still refining the algorithm, so if you have any feedback, I'm all ears. There's a known issue right now that certain custom alarm tones might take too long to get loud enough"

Sent from mTalk

For people start early in the morning, higher alarm volume is very important to make sure to able to get up. At least it need to start with 50% instead of 10%.

permo

Jan 27, 2016
Visit site
I have been using the .1004 for a period of one week and the phone is smooth as usual. All system up and go! Thanks MS.

Marsiss Tian

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
I encountered two times of reboot/freezing after installing this update. One after I sent a text message, I forgot what I did for the second reboot.
Before I never meet such situation.

iampwd

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
For people start early in the morning, higher alarm volume is very important to make sure to able to get up. At least it need to start with 50% instead of 10%.

I think it's much better now. No need to wake the whole family at 05:00.

Sent from mTalk

Leslielbk

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
I've been trying to get the update for several days now. I'm still on .107 because the update says that my. Connection is roaming. I can't get it to stop doing that no matter where I am. Anybody have an answer for that.
And why does Cortana randomly put in a period and then capitalize the next word like I'm making a new sentence. that makes me crazy.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I've been trying to get the update for several days now. I'm still on .107 because the update says that my. Connection is roaming. I can't get it to stop doing that no matter where I am. Anybody have an answer for that.
And why does Cortana randomly put in a period and then capitalize the next word like I'm making a new sentence. that makes me crazy.

Check in settings, sim, data, and enable data roaming. That's disabled by default due to extra costs of most of carriers

Leslielbk

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
I've always had it on. I tried turning it off and rebooting. Turning it back on again. Still getting the same message. If I'm lucky It will say there is an update, I click to download then it says downloading and goes to 100% Immediately. Then says. Data roaming. There is a retry button, but nothing happens. What should I try next?

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I've always had it on. I tried turning it off and rebooting. Turning it back on again. Still getting the same message. If I'm lucky It will say there is an update, I click to download then it says downloading and goes to 100% Immediately. Then says. Data roaming. There is a retry button, but nothing happens. What should I try next?

Ask call center carrier if by chance they are blocking any roaming data on your phone number

Mike Jain

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Nothing will help, it's a bug in the OS. I have never been able to download an OS update using cellular data. The only solution is to use a wifi connection.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion