How was 14267.1004 on 950xl ?

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Nothing will help, it's a bug in the OS. I have never been able to download an OS update using cellular data. The only solution is to use a wifi connection.

If you are under a VALID data carrier , you'll got a warning like that "You are about to donwload by carrier, extra costs could be added. Wait till wifi will be available. Proceed?"

midnightfrolic

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
I've been trying to get the update for several days now. I'm still on .107 because the update says that my. Connection is roaming. I can't get it to stop doing that no matter where I am. Anybody have an answer for that.
And why does Cortana randomly put in a period and then capitalize the next word like I'm making a new sentence. that makes me crazy.

Maybe you are in a roaming area, that is why.

Here are a few things to check. In Settings >Network>Data Usage. Check that it allows cellular data if wifi data not available.

On the same screen, near the top, next to your carrier name on the right side, tap 'Edit'. Then change your carrier plan to unlimited.

Then set 'Restrict background data' to Never. Then set set Restrict background data while roaming' to Off.

EDIT: Go to the SIM settings and enable cell data. And also disable roaming.

If you are in a roaming area, you will be charge a lot of money. Beware. Update via WiFi.

If you know that you are in coverage area, try reinserting the SIM and power on. You can also check to see that your carrier APN settings are correct and may need to update that.

Try a friends SIM your phone and vice versa. See if it still pops up with roaming. May be faulty SIM. Take it to your carrier kiosk and have them check it out.

Leslielbk

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Ok. I've got it and made the upgrade. It would only upgrade via wireless, and i don't have that at home. Had to turn it on at work, it cycled through the same screen several times and then finally loaded it. Whew.
I still don't have visual voicemail, which is what Microsoft promised. So far I can't tell what has been upgraded. With the new build. There she goes again, making sentences. By herself.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Ok. I've got it and made the upgrade. It would only upgrade via wireless, and i don't have that at home. Had to turn it on at work, it cycled through the same screen several times and then finally loaded it. Whew.
I still don't have visual voicemail, which is what Microsoft promised. So far I can't tell what has been upgraded. With the new build. There she goes again, making sentences. By herself.

Use search function in forum lookon for Voicemail, a lot of people in USA got it, but there's a iussue with ATeT or Verizon carriers

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
I knew better and did it anyway…. shame on me. BUT, STILL!

A couple of days before a business trip, I installed Build .1004 (already had the FW 1078.38.16025.39005). As soon as I got off the plane and turned on the phone my well planned trip went to hell. Mostly due to the new build having a problem reading from the SD Card, the 950XL said it needed to Scanned to correct some error. I did (about 10 times, for I have seen this scan message on previous builds), and it came back with “SD card scan failed, the SD card has unrecoverable errors. Please use a different one”. So, suck at the airport for 3 hours trying to fix the problem (trying EVERYTHING), finally gave up and hired a TAXI to take me to my Hotel, which cost me 3x the amount it should have (planned on using a Service, via an app). After arriving at the Hotel, I called MS Mobile support, and the first guy’s answer was that I should call the SD manufacturer to get a replacement…well, to make a very LONG and unpleasant conversation short… I hung up on that deadend. Called back to get someone that actually wanted to fix the problem, and we figured out that I needed to have my Apps saved to “the DEVICE” (I had them saved to the SD card), she admitted that they had indeed experienced some occurrences where if the apps were stored on the SD card, it caused this “SD failed” message. After relocating the apps, I did a soft-reset, another scan when prompted (the scan yielded no error message), and had only manageable lack-of-performance from then on, but all-in-all I consider it a MAJOR fail for this phone to perform as a business tool (at this time). Lucky for me that one of the factories I was meeting with was staying at the same hotel as me, so I was able to stick to a demanding time schedule (and do a little business at the same time – the old clique “lemonade out of lemons”).

I hope my nightmare helps someone experiencing this same problem. (Note: I still have very high hopes for my 950XL, and the direction).

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Why the 'unstable' .1004 when you are on business? Oh, hang about, I am just as bad;-) I can't resist either lol. I have to agree the damned sd scan is a pain. It was a regular occurrence on 8.1 for me as.

Lumious

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
It works fine for me no problems expect i noticed "Choose best lighting" option is gone from the photos post processing but i am not sure if that has to do with this RS build or not.

Mr Hyde

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
lol. Yeah i did flash was both "on" and on "auto" and it went off both times. Nothing.

sorry that didn't help. I hate to admit it but it took me quite a while to figure out that the feature only worked when the flash fired. So, it still works on .122. I hope it gets fixed in redstone soon

Tafsern

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I have been using the .1004 for a period of one week and the phone is smooth as usual. All system up and go! Thanks MS.

.1004 is the first build that have been full of problems for me. The worst thing is that the phone freezes when doing things, so I have to soft reset is daily.

Marc Cupido 44

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
Motion data seems to broken in the last couple of builds as both ms health and fitbit don't track steps anymore. And yes I have switched of motion data and did the reset thing but still it does not track your steps. Another issue is heat! Some simple apps like WhatsApp drains my 950XL's battery like crazy!!!

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Motion data seems to broken in the last couple of builds as both ms health and fitbit don't track steps anymore. And yes I have switched of motion data and did the reset thing but still it does not track your steps. Another issue is heat! Some simple apps like WhatsApp drains my 950XL's battery like crazy!!!

That's the usual behaviour of WhatsApp on every builds and phones :(

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
I haven't done a hard reset, and this build has been pretty good for me. No restarts, very little heat generation, and battery is good. I was going to go back to .122 but keep getting proxy issues in WDRT. Hence, I'm still on what seems unstable for some but all good here

BonzeUK

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Had some issues with my SD card, a SanDisk Ultra 128GB. And existing apps wouldn't update, until I changed to save to internal memory.
Everytime I rebooted it would suggest that the card needed a scan. Most apps wouldn't display an icon on the start screen, or the menu.
Oddly switching from Fast to another ring seemed to solve the problem.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Had some issues with my SD card, a SanDisk Ultra 128GB. And existing apps wouldn't update, until I changed to save to internal memory.
Everytime I rebooted it would suggest that the card needed a scan. Most apps wouldn't display an icon on the start screen, or the menu.
Oddly switching from Fast to another ring seemed to solve the problem.

Put card in a sd reader in laptop / desktop and start an extensive scan

BonzeUK

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
I ran a scan & repair on my desktop last week which found nothing, but just tried it again and got the all clear.

Switched to Fast ring again and everything seems OK now - weird.

Posted from Windows Central for Windows 10

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077