Seriously disappointed in this forum right now.....

Allen Rhodes

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
With all the whining posts about the 950XL not having VVM, now it allegedly does and its virtual silence. There is ONE thread with a whopping 16 posts on the topic, as of this post. Myself and others have expressed that we in fact do NOT see this option still, after the update. One post on troubleshooting thus far. This forum, specifically the one for Insider releases, is supposed to be for exactly this. Instead its become a place for the uneducated to complain about features they dont have while running an OS they shouldnt have access to. So... I have a 950XL with dual sim, running AT&T on both cards. I updated to the latest release, no VVM. What have others done to receive this feature? If you had to do anything outside of the update at all. I have already called both VM numbers and have yet to be prompted for the password for VVM. I did a clean install of the release from Friday, should I do so again if that worked for others.

Allen Rhodes

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
I am FULLY aware that this isnt an official MS site.... My point is its becoming more of a dumping ground than a productive forum. Just saying the MS forum isnt any better doesnt justify the posts on this site. We now have a feature that has been requested/whined for since the phone was released. This is essentially supposed to be a community, correct? Instead of helping one another with "maybe try this", the first reply to this topic is a passive aggressive "this isnt an official ms site" post. Just proving my point.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I am FULLY aware that this isnt an official MS site.... My point is its becoming more of a dumping ground than a productive forum. Just saying the MS forum isnt any better doesnt justify the posts on this site. We now have a feature that has been requested/whined for since the phone was released. This is essentially supposed to be a community, correct? Instead of helping one another with "maybe try this", the first reply to this topic is a passive aggressive "this isnt an official ms site" post. Just proving my point.

I've read other posts all around about VVM + AT&T, please use forum Search function, there's people has got it. And please stop coffee ;)

Florin_Anghel

Banned
Oct 7, 2014
Visit site

Not to make you even more angry but you do realize only US uses VM right? I mean in EU nobody listens to his voicemail, yes we have, but we don't use it, most of us disable the VM.
While I understand your frustration regarding a feature that was working and not it is broken you should understand that this forum has users from all over the world. Maybe that's why you don't see input regarding this issue.

Bagzton

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Although it has been rightly pointed out that this isn't the official place for help/support, I get (and agree with) what Allen has said. This place has become more of a "dumping ground" where people "from all over the world" come to whin and complain annoyingly. This place is supposed to be a community where one gets help (though not official) to issues relating to their Windows devices or know more about Microsoft stuff. But not so anymore. I've lost count of the number of times I've come here seeking help and answers and my posts are never responded to. I end up getting what I need from other MSFT/Windows fans on Twitter (and other sources.)

Allen Rhodes

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
Not to make you even more angry but you do realize only US uses VM right? I mean in EU nobody listens to his voicemail, yes we have, but we don't use it, most of us disable the VM.
While I understand your frustration regarding a feature that was working and not it is broken you should understand that this forum has users from all over the world. Maybe that's why you don't see input regarding this issue.

My complaint isnt that it doesnt work, my complaint is the complaints of not having it, then we do, then there are some who cant get it to work with the correct hardware/software, and the help is virtually non-existent. And many replies refer to searching which returns results from December/Jan before the feature actually worked. Another hard reset, still not working. Called ATT and everything is good on their end. Not using YouMail..... so anyone...?

Florin_Anghel

Banned
Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
My complaint isnt that it doesnt work, my complaint is the complaints of not having it, then we do, then there are some who cant get it to work with the correct hardware/software, and the help is virtually non-existent. And many replies refer to searching which returns results from December/Jan before the feature actually worked. Another hard reset, still not working. Called ATT and everything is good on their end. Not using YouMail..... so anyone...?
and I just mentioned why there aren't so many complaints. Only US uses voice mail.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb