The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
    Hey insiders, I am using latest build on slow ring in my lumia 630. And all I am seeing is very poor performance. All apps are crashing, including good apps like 6tag, camera, photos. Too much loading and resuming going on. I know it's time for an upgrade, but the thing is, i always told my android user friends how wp is always more reliable, more smooth and all than android. Low budget phones like mine (lumia630) are the perfect example for those claims. But i can't claim those now with windows10 running in my phone. And as windows 10 is almost released i doubt there will be much performance improvement in the future.
    So i am asking you how is windows 10 performing in your phone? Can you call it reliable and smooth like windows 8.1? Do you think microsoft should cut off some ram heavy feature of windows 10 to increase performance on low ram phones?
    zapppa83 likes this.
    03-01-2016 02:58 PM
    I will remain to 8.1 with 625

it's faster,battery is better, mail are better,camera is better,photo app is superfast. I miss only the new notifications.
    Joyesh Karmakar likes this.
    03-01-2016 03:15 PM
    have you tried a hard reset?

or even rebooting the phone?

back when I had a 630, it may not have been reliable, (it was some time ago) but performance was ok.

Also it seems MS doesn't have the focus on performance anymore, at least for now.
    03-01-2016 03:17 PM
    I don't remember when was the last time I hard set the phone. Rebooted- yes, twice or thrice a week. I have been using insider preview on slow ring since the first build. So I had to do few hard reset, flashing 8.1-again insider preview but I don't remember the last time. I agree with you on the point "MS doesn't have the focus on performance anymore". But still they are working on features very slowly. They did not even added the swipe to show left hamburger menu on store. I am an app developer (ios,android only, have not have the time to learn developing for windows store, but I will learn that too in this year) i know adding those swipe gestures are easy even for a newbie developer like me. I am very eager to see windows mobile to rise, but when the camera/photos app crashes, i only become sad.
    Last edited by Joyesh Karmakar; 03-01-2016 at 04:10 PM.
    xandros9 likes this.
    03-01-2016 03:33 PM
    Hey insiders, I am using latest build on slow ring in my lumia 630. And all I am seeing is very poor performance. All apps are crashing, including good apps like 6tag, camera, photos. Too much loading and resuming going on. I know it's time for an upgrade, but the thing is, i always told my android user friends how wp is always more reliable, more smooth and all than android. Low budget phones like mine (lumia630) are the perfect example for those claims. But i can't claim those now with windows10 running in my phone. And as windows 10 is almost released i doubt there will be much performance improvement in the future.
    So i am asking you how is windows 10 performing in your phone? Can you call it reliable and smooth like windows 8.1? Do you think microsoft should cut off some ram heavy feature of windows 10 to increase performance on low ram phones?
    Sorry but literally you are correct! WP8.1 is ridiculously stable, and slack! You can only blame Windows 10 Mobile...

On the other hand, 6tag do crash a lot on my 640 running W10M, but the 1520 has no such issue. Plus W10M is super smooth on the 1520... Make me keep wondering 1GB RAM is good enough for W10M...
    Joyesh Karmakar likes this.
    03-01-2016 06:43 PM
    Running Win10 Mobile Insider Slow 10586.107 on 512mb Lumia 521 for almost two weeks. All in All, been stable for the most part. Mainly just small glitches from time to time, like apps force closing and rendering glitches.. screen 'jumping/flicker' and other 'rendering' bugs. But they are rare.

I feel Denim 8.1 was nice and very quick, stable. I'd still be using that OS and firm now.. except I wanted to check out Win10 mobile, and 107 build was reported as being the most stable (at the moment), and I want to be able to provide ms with Win10 diagnostics/feedback so that the experience of Win10 on 512mb devices might be improved in future releases.

If Insiders get build. 122.. Hoping it will be even better than . 107

But as the OP asked.. I would stay on 8.1 still, unless one wants to help test and improve the Win10 OS.
    03-01-2016 07:39 PM
    I'm insider on my 520 since July. Same smoothness as 8.1 on 512 MB will be impossible due to large use of grapichs, fades, splashscreen etc in 10. I leaved a lot of feedback for getting a toggle in screen settings so we can disable all graphic menu effects , same as desktops.
    But there's so may new functions I use everyday I can't turn back to 8.1.
    Pros: In last .107 on my 520 finally multitaskin was back as 8.1, I can listen streaming music, messaging, using Edge and browsin my photos, without music pauses and app crashes.
    Cons: due IMHO to excessive graphics, fast exitin some apps like Messages to Home screen freezes phone still
    03-02-2016 02:32 AM