Anyone else having this problem? When I tell Cortana to "Play" any of my music, it will only open a Bing search. It will open Groove if I tell it to do that, but it will not play any of my library.
    03-02-2016 11:51 AM
    Asking Cortana to play a particular song, artist or playlist is a feature that seems to be discarded in Win10 Mobile. Asking, "Play Music" should play all your music shuffled in build .107. Pervious builds would just resume the last audio application like the podcasts app for me. This ranks #2 for most missed feauture for me as I spend a lot of time in the car and would like to be able to select a song.
    Mark Kaplan and Joe920 like this.
    03-02-2016 03:14 PM
    If I say "shuffle music" it usually works. If I tell it to play a certain artist, it's hit or miss. The other day I said "play artist Hurtsmile" and it did the bing search thing. Frustrating, since it worked pretty reliably before.
    Mark Kaplan likes this.
    03-02-2016 03:30 PM
    Same here. In another thread people mentioned that it works for music on the phone, and not for music on the SD card.
    03-13-2016 08:30 PM
    I have no problems playing through Cortana, as long as she understands me
    03-13-2016 10:26 PM
    I have no problems playing through Cortana, as long as she understands me
    Do you have your music stored on the device or on the SD card? And which phone do you have?

Sent from mTalk, a great Tapatalk alternative
    03-14-2016 08:35 AM
    Do you have your music stored on the device or on the SD card? And which phone do you have?

Sent from mTalk, a great Tapatalk alternative
    1020 music stored on phone .164 version
    03-14-2016 11:56 PM
    I find that Cortana plays my playlists ok if I say "Play Playlist" and then the name of the playlist. Usually with out fail. However she seems incapable of playing a specific song. She sometimes is able to play songs by an artist if I say "Play songs by Artist" and then the artist name. This is very hit and miss though, and usually ends up with a Bing Web search instead. Lumia 950XL 1010.586.164
    03-15-2016 06:15 AM
    Cortana has always played anything I ask her to, and my music is all on OneDrive. I can use "Play Album Name", "Play Song Name" or "Play Artist Name" and she gets it right every time. Back before build .107 I had most of my music on my SD card and it worked fine as well. Since then I've moved all my music to OneDrive to free up space on my SD card for other files.

640LTE on .164 build.
    03-15-2016 06:30 AM
    Same here. In another thread people mentioned that it works for music on the phone, and not for music on the SD card.
    That's possible. ALL my music is on my SD card.
    03-15-2016 10:43 AM
    Same for me. All my songs are on Onedrive. Most of the time, Cortana won't play an individual song--even though she may play the ALBUM containing that song. Groove plays them fine manually. Can't figure out any rhyme or reason to it either. For instance:

"Wait", in the folders: Beatles->Rubber Soul in OneDrive -> Music plays fine when I ask Cortana.

"Wake up", in Arcade Fire -> Funeral in OneDrive-> Music, gets a Web search.

But, I can say "play Funeral", the album which "Wake Up" is a part of, and there's no problem.

Major borked feature for something that should be a basic thing on any modern phone OS. You can bet Siri and Google aren't stumbling on such a core function thing as playing a song via voice activation.
    Joe920 likes this.
    03-28-2016 09:33 PM