New update 10586.122

avengerxp

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 640 LTE updated to .122 3 days ago. Having Excellent come back in battery life. Yesterday I was on 4G, and photo shooting for some product modeling in the class, then downloaded some files via torrent, had fb chats, whatsapp, 30 - 40 mins of calling. Battery was arpund 40% at 8 PM.

really impressed with the performance. still have the "resuming" issue which i can skip by going to home screen n getting to app again. and also inline reply for text messages want get delivered. other than that, the build is stable.

I didn't find call recording function as someone said, so i guess these settings vary from device to device?

avengerxp

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Recently updated my L1520, 8.1 just become terrible, all the apps show the resuming message all the time and crash, took four or five try's to enter whatsapp or camera, so I decide to take the jump, after the update the battery was in meltdown mode, 35% in ten minutes, it was crazy, there was no other option but the hard reset and let the phone to cool down. The battery life is great now and the overall looking of W10 mobile is superb, I'm not going back, very impressed for good.

when you upgrade from 8.1 directly to w10m, you gotta hard reset & start from scratch, that will give all apps to start working fresh. Good to hear your satisfied with the latest build.

L_MB

Mar 7, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

Build 10586.122 on a Lumia 435 (bought for w10M purposal tests) since day it was released. Very pleased with OS, stable enough por daily use, except battery life. Over night, battery goes down 20 to 25% (only with SIM card turned on) with no use at all. Compared with my Lumia 735 (WP 8.1) which drops 3/4% in same conditions, Lumia 735 (or should i say W10M) is a battery drainer.

For now i'm staying with w10m on Lumia 435, but if battery life does not improve probably not going to update Lumia 735...

praveen9663

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
Hi im also using Lumia 730 with build 122 its good but i would like to know the option for "vibrate when call answered" is available for Lumia 730DS....

pedmar007

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
Waiting for that post to say that when ALL of these bugs are fixed that this will be the BEST EVER OS to be found on any smartphone.

Simoneale73#AC

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Okay! I just checked my phone (Lumia 830 running 107) to see if 122 was available for me!... Nowt!!

I dropped off the Fast Ring to the third option (not slow ring.. the other one!) checked again and 122 was there and started downloading!!

Now got to wait for it to finish :)

gahbmwm5

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
@pankaj981,

Thanks as I just did another hard reset on my Lumia 920 and no success on 10586.122. Was working fine on 10586.107 (same exact setup, with limited number of apps, as I keep my device very clean)...Oh well will see if the next Preview Release will rectify this issue for me..

Will send report through 'Feedback app'...

Last edited:

sheldon cohn

May 15, 2015
Visit site
Thanks, my Nokia 520 was on build 107 and every time I checked, no update was available. I just
changed to the 3rd option, and now build 122 is downloading. I have some friends that are not tech
savvy and they wouldn't know what to do, just to get their device updated. One of them comes over to
my house and it usually takes me several hours to get their device updated. There are people who
like the Windows phone, but are taking a long time to actually be able to understand how it works.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, my Nokia 520 was on build 107 and every time I checked, no update was available. I just
changed to the 3rd option, and now build 122 is downloading. I have some friends that are not tech
savvy and they wouldn't know what to do, just to get their device updated. One of them comes over to
my house and it usually takes me several hours to get their device updated. There are people who
like the Windows phone, but are taking a long time to actually be able to understand how it works.

Sir, we answered you often about your questions and problems.
If your friend want a simple-updated-device-phone, just let them use 8.1 and they'll got an exellent phone in hands. That's all.
When official update will come, they'll got notices on screens and a how-to-do step by step guide, same as when our 520 updated from Cyan to Denim in the past ;)
That's normal the most of people isn't tech-savy, so let them enjoy their phones as they brought them...

Mr Hyde

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site

Why would anyone who was not tech savy want to be using preview builds? Especially fast ring preview builds? If I have misinterpreted your comment please disregard.

mkKozak

Jan 22, 2016
Visit site
you are one lucky man

I don't think he's just lucky. What I've experienced so far is that using some communication methods is draining the battery. Summary of my observations:

1. Everything off - 1% up to 2% battery drain per hour. (weak signal)
2. Wi-Fi ON - 2-3% / h
3. Cellular data ON - 6-8% / h (!!!!!) (weak signal but still H+)
4. Location - Can't really say, but around 2-5% / h
5. Everything ON - 10-13% / h (while not in wifi range - around 8-10% within range)
6. Everything ON except Cellular data - 4-7% / h

Please try it and report how it looks for you. For me it's cellular data killing my battery. I need to switch it on only when it's needed. This way I'm satisfied of battery, while I'm NOT using the phone. Because my next observation is, when screen is ON - it drains battery faster than on W8.1 (mixing it with cellular data usage and I got -45-55% / h).
There's one more thing to mention. Battery is old and exhausted so it will not perform as a new one, but I would be glad to hear how it looks with other people's phones.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo