New update 10586.122

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I don't think he's just lucky. What I've experienced so far is that using some communication methods is draining the battery. Summary of my observations:

1. Everything off - 1% up to 2% battery drain per hour. (weak signal)
2. Wi-Fi ON - 2-3% / h
3. Cellular data ON - 6-8% / h (!!!!!) (weak signal but still H+)
4. Location - Can't really say, but around 2-5% / h
5. Everything ON - 10-13% / h (while not in wifi range - around 8-10% within range)
6. Everything ON except Cellular data - 4-7% / h

Please try it and report how it looks for you. For me it's cellular data killing my battery. I need to switch it on only when it's needed. This way I'm satisfied of battery, while I'm NOT using the phone. Because my next observation is, when screen is ON - it drains battery faster than on W8.1 (mixing it with cellular data usage and I got -45-55% / h).
There's one more thing to mention. Battery is old and exhausted so it will not perform as a new one, but I would be glad to hear how it looks with other people's phones.

Data carrier is always know draining fast, but it happens on all phones of all brands, 3g or 4g, since years. The most drain activity remains obviously calling

FirstWatt

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
I don't think he's just lucky. What I've experienced so far is that using some communication methods is draining the battery. Summary of my observations:[....]
Please try it and report how it looks for you. [...]but I would be glad to hear how it looks with other people's phones.
Could you, and anyone else, please post the device type tested.

Would be interesting whether it's mainly seen on WP8.1 devices, or also on devices originally shipped with W10M.
Thanks.

mkKozak

Jan 22, 2016
Visit site
Data carrier is always know draining fast, but it happens on all phones of all brands, 3g or 4g, since years. The most drain activity remains obviously calling

I agree, but still I could use my phone connected to the Internet for at least 18 hours (WP8.1) while right now it's only 10. That's a huge difference. It might have something to the firmware, so we will see.

FirstWatt

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
On my L925, with WP8.1, I experience much more drain on 3G/4G when changing location, be it another office close to mine, or traveling etc.
If the phone is just liying there on the table, 3G/4G have much less impact.

Mavee Shah

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site

Yeah my phone down shows more battery drainage for calls but problem is... That battery app itself isn't stable phon... Battery won't fall for hours and when it goes down48% you don't even have an hour tensing... When idle drainage increases yoyupto 27% pr hour... While charging for first 1 and a half hour phone will charge from 5%-40 and then in next 15 minutes its 100...means...wtf is this man

Mavee Shah

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
When my Lumia1520 was onwin8.1 i could listen to an hour of music and a little bit 3g use... It would drain not more then 5% while on win10... I it's the same for first few minutes and then Battery will jump to27% drainage

gahbmwm5

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
'Improved the email sync experiences when connecting to Wi-Fi networks with a captive portal.'

One of the fixes for this build....however with only a Outlook.com and Gmail email account, Outlook.com is still very slow with syncing....errors out at times...very frustrating....

Even after a hard reset (complete clean install.....both my People app and Outlook mail app....have struggled with properly/and timely syncing...

'Microsoft now internally testing Windows 10 Mobile Build 10586.164'

Hopefully this next build will rectify these issues for me...lol :amaze:

JelenaJela

Jan 21, 2016
Visit site
After hard reset in settings missing Touch,Lumia Motion.Anybody noticed this ?
Hi! My advice for solving your problem... Download SysApp Pusher from the Store. It's some kind of shortcut to... well, everything! You'll find it there under "system". After you download Touch, Motion, or whatever, you'll find it in your phone settings, like it was never gone. It helped me!
Have a nice tap! :smile:

JelenaJela

Jan 21, 2016
Visit site
I have a lumia 535, didn't notice any benefit in this build compared to the last one. Battery life is the same, not very good, i woke up 10:30 am and the battery was at 86%, it's at 68% now, 05:21 pm. Barely used the phone, just a few messages in whatsapp, less than 5 minutes of web browsing and 10 seconds in the Windows Central app, very light use you could say. I did a hard reset.
I noticed that keyboard got swipe text in Edge now. Browser is a little bit faster, too. I'm waiting that moment when I'll see New Tab opening instead of the last opened page from last time I visited. Navigation back and forward would be nice... Aaah... I'm asking too much from them!
Battery still the same... But I can use the phone for anything even when it's on 2%! :amaze: That's interesting!

trnz007

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
Personally its not very good... I am running 10586.107 on my lumia 720 and battery backup is pathetic... some apps like store crashes when unlocking the device. I am currently downloading .122 update on device.. Hope these issues are fixed in this update. Fingers crossed...

FurY2007

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
No, let me rephrase, sorry: I am hoping on a firmware update to take care of several smaller issues on the 1020. You should however (at least I am on it) have upgraded firmware to Denim already.

mariusmuntean

Banned
Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
is this is the build that's gonna be release to the public then it's a huge mess :))) I'll be waiting for the day people start to upgrade only to notice how bad it is :))

Satelit123

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
Now with new update
The battery lasts as it was on 8.1
Even the camera is opening faster I use it the most

But I have to change to US region ( I do not now why) and it is working now

I notice fast drying when using WIfi 5GHz

Lumia 925

Regards

mariusmuntean

Banned
Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
I have upgraded and I have had no issues with my 950,every thing works fine, maybe its not the op system or the phone,but user error setting up ?

Of course there is an user error sometimes. But, to give you a simple example, after more than a year, and MS has not fixed the stupid bug that shows the same app with multiple entries in the Background App activity list. After more than a year! and this is just a small issue that proves how embarrassing the situation is...Cortana is a mess on 10 compared to 8.1, quiet hours has problems on Automatic Rules, alarms many times do not go off etc etc. I have expected much more from MS after using WP8 and 8.1 for many years!! let's not start talking about the x50 phones delivered and sold to real people,not testers, not some beta program members but real people, with this mediocre state OS...

windobuddies625

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
Is WM10 working fine for you on 1320? Ive had heating and freezing issues on my 1320 and not to mention a drastic reduction in battery life. I rolled back to 8.1 3 builds back.

No heating. No freezing. I'm using it with a faulty battery so can't give u any info there. But it's smooth fast in .122. Update and hard reset with no backup. Works fine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs