Is anyone getting the new autopublishing firmware update (Firmware March 3 20016)

husam2277

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft announced that it will publish firmware for phones on March 3. the firmware will be automatic regardless the insider ring your phone is on. now it is March 4 and I have not heard about any news from anyone receiving the new firmware. does anyone has any info regarding this? did you recieve firmware update for your device?

Giddora

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft announced that it will publish firmware for phones on March 3. the firmware will be automatic regardless the insider ring your phone is on. now it is March 4 and I have not heard about any news from anyone receiving the new firmware. does anyone has any info regarding this? did you recieve firmware update for your device?

What firmware are you on, and which phone?

BryceMD

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
I think you are confused with what the update is. It's an update to the backend allowing publishing of firmware to insider rings. It is not a firmware update in itself. It's just in the future if they release new firmware you won't have to change rings. They did announce that they are releasing firmware to more 950 phones at the same time... but even that is an old firmware just expanding phone variants.

husam2277

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
I think you are confused with what the update is. It's an update to the backend allowing publishing of firmware to insider rings. It is not a firmware update in itself. It's just in the future if they release new firmware you won't have to change rings. They did announce that they are releasing firmware to more 950 phones at the same time... but even that is an old firmware just expanding phone variants.

The problem is they were not clear in their official post about this auto publishing... I think you are absolutely right..

William Stovall

Sep 27, 2015
Visit site
Reading is important people...

Microsoft published a new way of delivering firmware updates. No longer will you have to go between insider rings to get firmware. When it is available, you can download. They didn't say anything about firmware available yet

nailzer

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
I think everything is quite clear, there are multiple links to follow, a variety of instructions, not to mention GOOGLE.
Spoon-feeding becomes tiresome

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I was also under the impression that Microsoft was releasing an update on March 3 that would enable easier firmware updates. Considering it's now the 5th, it's safe to say that update never came.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I was also under the impression that Microsoft was releasing an update on March 3 that would enable easier firmware updates. Considering it's now the 5th, it's safe to say that update never came.

Vodafone Italy official support declared release star 7 and 15 on some models (in Italy I guess, but maybe in the rest of Europe where Vodafone is too)

Mr Hyde

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
am I the only one who sits here, reads the comments, and just shakes my head? its amazing how misinformation just feeds more misinformation

husam2277

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Reading is important people...

Microsoft published a new way of delivering firmware updates. No longer will you have to go between insider rings to get firmware. When it is available, you can download. They didn't say anything about firmware available yet

they didn't say it in the way you are phrasing it.. they did not say "a new way".. I can realize now what they meant, but it was not that much clear. they could phrase it better and clarified more... so please don't just say reading is important people..

husam2277

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
I think everything is quite clear, there are multiple links to follow, a variety of instructions, not to mention GOOGLE.
Spoon-feeding becomes tiresome

I can realize now what they meant, but it was not that much clear. they could phrase it better and clarified more... read their official post and in my opinion it was not clear.. even most of the news sites couldn't be sure about this point in their posts.. please don't just assume that other people don't read and that we are not clever or lazy enough not to use google... spoon-feeding!!! no comments lool....

Mr Hyde

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
what misinformation are you talking about?

My post was to a greater extent, a comment about the forums in general. And in a lesser extent this thread. so how about we just look at this thread. The title "Is anyone getting the new autopublishing firmware update (Firmware March 3 20016)" asks if anyone is getting something that doesn't exist. It is not a firmware, it is a new method on how Microsoft will be distributing firmware. They made a change so insiders don't have to leave their chosen insider "ring" to get firmware when firmware is released. Before this insiders needed to go to a production build to see firmware updates. Now, insiders wont have to do that. Never did MS say they were releasing a new firmware to address this issue. Reading any statement from Microsoft on this issue should have made that very clear.

Then, this issue was explained in the comments. After it was explained there were still a few comments from people saying that they did not receive the "update" and that the update was apparently not coming. So it just seems to me that those people read the title and made a comment without reading the previous comments, which if they had, they would have understood there was no update and that the original thread title was misleading. So the misinformation fed into more misinformation. This happens not only in this thread but all over this and most forums I have participated in.

Since the insider program is a pre production software testing program, it would only make sense for those in the program to make themselves aware of what is going on in the program directly from Microsoft instead of just listening to misinformation and rumor. Just a few minutes of actual research would save so much time instead of posting questions about issues that don't even exist.

i'm sorry if this seems harsh. its not meant to be. I'm just explaining my comment since you asked about it

husam2277

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
My post was to a greater extent, a comment about the forums in general. And in a lesser extent this thread. so how about we just look at this thread. The title "Is anyone getting the new autopublishing firmware update (Firmware March 3 20016)" asks if anyone is getting something that doesn't exist. It is not a firmware, it is a new method on how Microsoft will be distributing firmware. They made a change so insiders don't have to leave their chosen insider "ring" to get firmware when firmware is released. Before this insiders needed to go to a production build to see firmware updates. Now, insiders wont have to do that. Never did MS say they were releasing a new firmware to address this issue. Reading any statement from Microsoft on this issue should have made that very clear.

Then, this issue was explained in the comments. After it was explained there were still a few comments from people saying that they did not receive the "update" and that the update was apparently not coming. So it just seems to me that those people read the title and made a comment without reading the previous comments, which if they had, they would have understood there was no update and that the original thread title was misleading. So the misinformation fed into more misinformation. This happens not only in this thread but all over this and most forums I have participated in.

Since the insider program is a pre production software testing program, it would only make sense for those in the program to make themselves aware of what is going on in the program directly from Microsoft instead of just listening to misinformation and rumor. Just a few minutes of actual research would save so much time instead of posting questions about issues that don't even exist.

i'm sorry if this seems harsh. its not meant to be. I'm just explaining my comment since you asked about it

First, that is why forums exists, to discuss and help getting the right info and better understanding of a topic. you can clearly see that it has been clarified in the first few replies.

Second, you still do not convince me that Microsoft official post was clear enough... It is normal to misunderstand it.. here I quote from the post "It starts tomorrow! As of March 3rd at 10am PST, all firmware updates for Win10 devices will be auto-published for Insiders" and "As of tomorrow, no! We have submitted all available firmware updates for Windows 10 devices to be auto-published". to be clear I am not saying they said exactly what I thought. but they were not clear "enough".

Third, I am not spreading misleading info and rumors. I misunderstood their unclear post. In my first post, I asked for help if anybody has info about this. and people clarified and that was good.. to add to this I have searched and read many news articles about this with no one being definitive about it..

Finally, people need to cool down a little bit.. it was a little discussion and it have been clarified quickly..

Thank you anyway..

Allen Rhodes

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
First, that is why forums exists, to discuss and help getting the right info and better understanding of a topic. you can clearly see that it has been clarified in the first few replies.

Second, you still do not convince me that Microsoft official post was clear enough... It is normal to misunderstand it.. here I quote from the post "It starts tomorrow! As of March 3rd at 10am PST, all firmware updates for Win10 devices will be auto-published for Insiders" and "As of tomorrow, no! We have submitted all available firmware updates for Windows 10 devices to be auto-published". to be clear I am not saying they said exactly what I thought. but they were not clear "enough".

Third, I am not spreading misleading info and rumors. I misunderstood their unclear post. In my first post, I asked for help if anybody has info about this. and people clarified and that was good.. to add to this I have searched and read many news articles about this with no one being definitive about it..

Finally, people need to cool down a little bit.. it was a little discussion and it have been clarified quickly..

Thank you anyway..

I like how the same issues get pointed out and the ones pointing them out get chastised for saying anything. I agree 100% with Mr Hyde. The sole issue is that the Insider program is open to the public. MS needs to stop this, pronto. These builds and firmware updates are supposed to be for programmers and testers. Instead, the general public downloads it to feel cool, then posts whining and complaining about things they dont understand or their phone not working properly. You know, it almost as if the disclaimer when joining the Insider program was on purpose. The post from MS was quite clear, for those that NEED to know what it meant. If you have to ask, you need to leave the program. Im sure I'll get slammed for this....

I asked a question a bit back regarding the new release for the 950XL and VVM on dual sim not working on my device, asking if anyone had to do anything special. Instead of being a community it spiraled into me being told to search, as if posts from December help me with a Feb release. Point being, that just proves that many of the ones in the program arent in it to debug and help. Preach on Mr Hyde

husam2277

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
I like how the same issues get pointed out and the ones pointing them out get chastised for saying anything. I agree 100% with Mr Hyde. The sole issue is that the Insider program is open to the public. MS needs to stop this, pronto. These builds and firmware updates are supposed to be for programmers and testers. Instead, the general public downloads it to feel cool, then posts whining and complaining about things they dont understand or their phone not working properly. You know, it almost as if the disclaimer when joining the Insider program was on purpose. The post from MS was quite clear, for those that NEED to know what it meant. If you have to ask, you need to leave the program. Im sure I'll get slammed for this....

I asked a question a bit back regarding the new release for the 950XL and VVM on dual sim not working on my device, asking if anyone had to do anything special. Instead of being a community it spiraled into me being told to search, as if posts from December help me with a Feb release. Point being, that just proves that many of the ones in the program arent in it to debug and help. Preach on Mr Hyde

I respect your opinion, but let me disagree that the program should be for programmers and testers.. it is for all.. many changes been done according to people requests on the feedback app which many who use it are not programmers... also just being using insiders builds provides microsoft with auto generated data and bug logs from the build they are using.. so just normally using the build helps microsoft a lot..

I have said to the first person who clarified it to me that he is absolutely right.. I did not post this in the sake of whining and complaining.. and it is better not to judge people being not understanding.. if I have to ask I should leave the program, really!!!

If my post upset people that much I would be happy to delete it..

Allen Rhodes

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
I respect your opinion, but let me disagree that the program should be for programmers and testers.. it is for all.. many changes been done according to people requests on the feedback app which many who use it are not programmers... also just being using insiders builds provides microsoft with auto generated data and bug logs from the build they are using.. so just normally using the build helps microsoft a lot..

I have said to the first person who clarified it to me that he is absolutely right.. I did not post this in the sake of whining and complaining.. and it is better not to judge people being not understanding.. if I have to ask I should leave the program, really!!!

If my post upset people that much I would be happy to delete it..

Absolutely in no way was I directing that straight at you. It was a general statement to the post by Hyde, also making a general statement. In regard to the program and the general public. The feedback app can still be used on public releases, where comments made can be addressed in future builds. The public makes requests and it should be the programmers that do the testing before general release. This practice is, in part, my belief as to why win10m is looked at so negatively. The general public, who are the consumers, are using a beta product and bad mouthing it. How is a product supposed to be touted as great when the word of mouth is bad. The public doesnt get to test drive general goods before release, software of this sort should be no different. All IMO of corse...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro