Error connecting phone to PC

Thewinfan

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
I am using Lumia 640 XL with the latest windows 10 build.I want to switch back to windows 8.1 ,i am unable to connect my phone to PC ,it gives an error "The device misbehaved".
Is there anyway to switch back to windows 8.1 without connecting via USB.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Unplug your phone from USB.

Download this tool: View any installed/connected USB device on your system Extract the files. Right click the .exe and Run as Administrator.

Delete any drivers marked Nokia or Lumia.

Plug the phone int to USB and let it load a fresh set of drivers.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Thewinfan

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
I tried but there was no drivers related to nokia or lumia.
I tried connecting my phone to several other PC's it gives the same error as in the screenshot.
Anyways to switch back to windows 8.1 wirelessly ?error.png

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Try another cable...? Try another port? Do NOT use a USB hub...

I hate to think your port has a bent pin or something, but is there another similar device you can test?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like a bad port... On the computer, do other devices connect OK?

Can you try a different computer with your phone?

Thewinfan

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
Other devices connect good to my PC.i tried connecting my phone to several other PC which run in windows 10 and they give the same error.
I reset my phone by going to About >Reset my phone.
What is hard reset ?

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Well I've seen this error a few times on my perfectly working phones. Not sure why though. Every time a restart usually fixes it.

@OP: Have you tried resetting your firmware to factory again? If not try doing that using WDRT. Use the original USB cable and select the "device not detected" option. It should work unless your port is damaged as mentioned by RumoredNow above.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos