Windows 10 Mobile, Camera, Tap screen to capture?

lordbaal1

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
I can't find an option to tap anywhere on the screen to take a picture.
Is there a way? Cause I can't find it.

Last edited:

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
wp_ss_20160305_0001.png
Tap the on-screen camera icon to take a picture.

Touch and hold the on-screen camera button and swipe to the left.
You'll see the above controls across the screen.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

lordbaal1

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
That does not answer my question.
On Windows phone 8, it will let me tap anywhere on the screen to take a picture.
I can't find a way to do that on 10.

lordbaal1

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
This is not the only setting that is missing. The whole setting section, I think is better in 8.1.
There's some other settings that are missing. Like all the applications settings.

Anyway, this camera isn't that big of a deal. I don't use it that much. I'm not a photographer. This basic app is good enough for me.
I was just wondering where is.

ramkumarmanne

May 5, 2016
Visit site
Yes. The 'Tap any where to capture" option is not available now. And one more good feature is swiping left to right gives the last taken photos in wp8. They lost these features because the camera app is copied from Android while android is copying our windows features into android. Most of the worst features like gallery font and all copied from andriod.

Last edited by a moderator:

furball zen

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site
how was my question vague?

It wasn't. I miss it too. I started with an 810 and went to an 830. The 810 will focus and white balance based on where you touch the screen, which is fricking brilliant if you want to take a pic of say, a cat in the window with the sun in your face. The 1020 does this too and as an amateur photog, it's stupid to get rid of it. I could take some brilliant pics with the 810. I wish I could be head of MS's mobile division, iOS and Droid would be a thing of the past ...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo