The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
04-14-2016 03:45 AM
372 ... 45678 ...
tools
    My Lumia 925 bricked while downloading the update.. nothing is working.. it won't start up, soft-reset or hard reset.. windows phone recovery tool isn't detecting the phone either.. any suggestions on what to do?
    03-10-2016 02:36 PM
    Got a configuration update when I switched to Insider Fast L830.
    03-10-2016 03:02 PM
    this updates had me a way... nearly all apps crash when opening, i had to reinstall the ones that's giving the trouble
    03-10-2016 07:08 PM
    Try using an old NCS, using the restore function. This option requires a FW file, download it using Navifirm plus. If you have trouble downloading this, send me a PM :D

:D
    03-10-2016 07:52 PM
    On my 640, best build so far.
    For the past three previous builds, the phone was increasingly slow. Phone app took roughly 15 seconds to open, Photos app 10 seconds, Whatsapp 7 seconds and so on.

I did a hard reset before updating to .164 (and got a working Lumia Camera back as a nice surprise), and now they open almost instantly.
    I also noticed that the Storage Sense usage details refreshes way faster than before, both on internal memory and SD card.
    Alarm was always ok to me.
    On the previous build, my pc couldn't detect my phone anymore, but I have yet to try it on this one.
    Overall performance is really good, so if you are suffering from the same problems, it's a nice idea to give it a try, but I restored my backup in the process, instead of the recommended fresh start.

It's also worth pointing out that hard reseting freed a nice amount of system memory usage (in Storage Sense), reducing it to 4.4GB (was around 4.8 before). To my surprise, after updating to .164 and updating all the apps, the amount was further reduced to 3.8GB. A very welcomed free space.

And I don't know about you, but sometimes, when I'm downloading a build and it fails, when I try it again, the required space goes drastically higher than it was originally (in the previous build download, from around 850MB to 1.23GB), and this was the culprit that motivated me to hard reset, since I had nothing else to remove to free actually more than the required space, and the system apps do a poor job in internal memory consumption.
    avengerxp likes this.
    03-10-2016 08:27 PM
    My Lumia 925 bricked while downloading the update.. nothing is working.. it won't start up, soft-reset or hard reset.. windows phone recovery tool isn't detecting the phone either.. any suggestions on what to do?
    try to remove sd card, and then try this:

Press and hold the power-, volume-down- and camera buttons until the phone vibrates. Then release the power-button and keep the other two buttons pressed for another five seconds. The phone should reset to factory settings.

Only turn on recovery tool after connecting phone to pc, the app might show unknown phone, just let it reset the phone.

I'm not sure if I'm missing out something here, but i used to be in the same situation as yours when updating the phone and tried to restart the phone since it was running too long, (never do that again).
    03-10-2016 10:30 PM
    Their is no sd card slot on lumia 925
    03-10-2016 11:08 PM
    Even I'm using a Lumia 925 .164 build , I only have the battery problem . The battery drains very fast. And if I use the device for 30 minutes it becomes burning hot especially from the top right corner
    03-10-2016 11:13 PM
    Just wait a few days..
    nailzer likes this.
    03-11-2016 12:45 AM
    Lumia 640 - Build .164 - very smooth. Battery life on par with Windows 8.1 I would say. Cortana works flawlessy sometimes, but she says she's having trouble sometimes (even if I type my request). Great build, fluid n responsive.
    03-11-2016 01:39 AM
    Even I'm using a Lumia 925 .164 build , I only have the battery problem . The battery drains very fast. And if I use the device for 30 minutes it becomes burning hot especially from the top right corner
    Try Lumia Phone Test Application.
    The more heater is normal wspecially when surfin, dialling etc. On top right corner there's the CPU
    03-11-2016 02:10 AM
    Does anybody has the Hey Cortana feature on this build?
    03-11-2016 03:35 AM
    I am not preview build. I got this through normal update on Lumia 950XL. And yes Hey Cortana is working perfectly fine.
    03-11-2016 04:38 AM
    Confirmed. .164 rolls out as an official update. 950xl, UK, installing now.
    03-11-2016 05:00 AM
    Outlook.com email syncing is still bad....as I see tons of 'feedback threads' on this...it takes a long time to sync...and now when syncing it goes to this section: Outlook.com accounts in People app are having issues too...also reported in Feedback threads...Hard reset performed, with clean install (twice-no backups..)

Gmail account syncs fine...

wp_ss_20160311_0001.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails wp_ss_20160311_0001.jpg  
    03-11-2016 07:50 AM
    Ugh, this is annoying...

Last night, after updating to 14283 and seeing more bugs (and none fixed from 14267)... I finally decided to jump off the Insider branch, go to production so I could start using Cortana again, music in the vehicle, etc... (none was working on any redstone builds on my Lumia 950XL).

I used the Windows Recovery Tool, went to production, started from scratch, spent hours reconfiguring the phone, setting up, installing apps, etc...

Then BAM, my phone installs 10586.167 at 3:00AM.

Now I can't open some apps (authenticator, 6tag, Twitter, BBM, etc...).

This is getting so annoying.
    03-11-2016 08:30 AM
    Ugh, this is annoying...

Last night, after updating to 14283 and seeing more bugs (and none fixed from 14267)... I finally decided to jump off the Insider branch, go to production so I could start using Cortana again, music in the vehicle, etc... (none was working on any redstone builds on my Lumia 950XL).

I used the Windows Recovery Tool, went to production, started from scratch, spent hours reconfiguring the phone, setting up, installing apps, etc...

Then BAM, my phone installs 10586.167 at 3:00AM.

Now I can't open some apps (authenticator, 6tag, Twitter, BBM, etc...).

This is getting so annoying.
    Let them update... are pending?
    03-11-2016 08:33 AM
    OLD PROBLEMS AND BUGS BACK..L720.
    --> loading and resuming screen when jumping to start screen or closing most apps.
    --> the back button response is terrifying..it takes 2-3 seconds to respond in some apps.
    -->some live tiles go fully blank or of a solid color,,until i replace them again from the app list.

DO SHARE IF ANYONE ELSE IS HAVING SUCH PROBLEMS..
    03-11-2016 08:40 AM
    Let them update... are pending?
    No they aren't pending. Some open and show the splash, then crash, others just crash as soon as opening them. Only way to fix is to uninstall, and then install again.

But I'm noticing other issues as well.

Time for yet another hard reset (I don't even restore from backups anymore because it causes issues with apps that it restores).

I'm seriously wondering if there's a bug that hasn't been discovered yet that has something to do with updates for non-US users, or apps for long time users that is causing issues with the update migrations not performing properly...

Doesn't matter if I'm running production, or Insider builds, whenever an update occur it never runs properly. This is occurring even after using the recovery tool and going back to production builds with my 950XL Dual SIM.

I just don't get it...
    Last edited by StephenWagner7; 03-11-2016 at 09:07 AM.
    03-11-2016 08:54 AM
    On my 930 (.164) i can't open Lumia Camera, download the app, installed, but when i try to open it, just open microsoft camera, how u can use lumia camera app?
    03-11-2016 09:27 AM
    On my 640, best build so far.
    For the past three previous builds, the phone was increasingly slow. Phone app took roughly 15 seconds to open, Photos app 10 seconds, Whatsapp 7 seconds and so on.

I did a hard reset before updating to .164 (and got a working Lumia Camera back as a nice surprise), and now they open almost instantly.
    I also noticed that the Storage Sense usage details refreshes way faster than before, both on internal memory and SD card.
    Alarm was always ok to me.
    On the previous build, my pc couldn't detect my phone anymore, but I have yet to try it on this one.
    Overall performance is really good, so if you are suffering from the same problems, it's a nice idea to give it a try, but I restored my backup in the process, instead of the recommended fresh start.

It's also worth pointing out that hard reseting freed a nice amount of system memory usage (in Storage Sense), reducing it to 4.4GB (was around 4.8 before). To my surprise, after updating to .164 and updating all the apps, the amount was further reduced to 3.8GB. A very welcomed free space.

And I don't know about you, but sometimes, when I'm downloading a build and it fails, when I try it again, the required space goes drastically higher than it was originally (in the previous build download, from around 850MB to 1.23GB), and this was the culprit that motivated me to hard reset, since I had nothing else to remove to free actually more than the required space, and the system apps do a poor job in internal memory consumption.
    On my 930 (.164) i can't open Lumia Camera, download the app, installed, but when i try to open it, just open microsoft camera, how u can use lumia camera app?
    03-11-2016 09:28 AM
    Lumia Camera was dismissed on W10 weeks ago, only someone stll could use it by previous backup, but it will not last a lot
    03-11-2016 10:17 AM
    Does this build support USB OTG ??
    03-11-2016 11:27 AM
    Does this build support USB OTG ??
    It depends on phone! It's an hardware thing. A build can't copper-rewire a usb port
    03-11-2016 11:29 AM
    It depends on phone! It's an hardware thing. A build can't copper-rewire a usb port
    I don't think USB otg is a hardware thing. If I'm not mistaken it basically allows hot swapping of flash drives on the fly?
    03-11-2016 11:35 AM
372 ... 45678 ...